Is customer service wrong or am I?

poobears

I am booked 4 people into a balcony on the lido deck. DS has had a some things come up and was thinking of cancelling so I called customer service to cancel him. She said we'd have to change rooms. I said I knew that and that was fine. There were no 3 person rooms on the Lido left so we'd have to move up to the Panorama deck, not the deck I wanted but fine, not a big deal going down one deck to the Lido.

I had already paid all but $250 on the cruise, $1543.80 was paid. DS's deposit was $75 since the cruise was booked during a special and the CS rep said there would be a $50 cancellation fee lost plus $25 would be credited for a future cruise in my name since I made all the payment. After those fees that would leave a balanced paid of $1,468.80. I said that should cover our new room right? She said no, you'd still owe the $250. I said how is that possible and she said well cancelling doesn't change what you owe, now you are just splitting the payment 3 ways instead of 4. I told her no there are also port fees, taxes and prepaid gratuities in that total so there is no way I owe $250 but she insisted if I cancelled him I would still owe $250. Final payment isn't until Aug 29 so we are still a month out from final payment.

I finally told her to just forget it that I was not changing to a worse room and still paying $250 when he wasn't even going. So I hung up, went online and paid his $250 myself and called him and told him he could go or not but I was keeping my room. I will just have him be a no show at port if he can't go.

It kept bugging me so I went on and did a mock booking as 3 people with early saver on Panorama deck with gratuities included and I get $1,445.35 which means it's less than the amount I had already paid after they would have subtracted his $75 cancellation fees.

Am I crazy? It's on the Triumph out of New Orleans on Oct 29

I can't now, as soon as I got off the phone and paid off the trip I told DS his part was paid whether he went or not so I've already told him he has a free trip. I can't take it back now. No idea if he will use it or not but the offer is already out there.

I should have checked for myself before I ever called CS I guess but you'd expect them to be able to handle a simple 1 person cancellation.

I use to have a great pvp but mine left and the new one I was assigned had such a thick accent I couldn't understand any of the messages he left, not even his name, I think it was just because he spoke so fast. I figured this was a quick easy cruise so need for one. Should have known better.

Not a huge deal, I did text DS to see if I could pin down if he is going or not. If not I will call back and see about getting us moved to one of the many 3 person rooms I see available online and still be on the Lido. I just don't want moved to another floor. I just want to make sure they credit me back all of his fare except his $75 fee.

We booked a cruise on the Triumph about 50 days out. About a week after I paid for our cruise, we found out DS wouldn't be able to go with us. We cancelled him and ended up with the cancellation fee/future credit thing too. There was no mention of having to change rooms. We had booked a balcony for 5. A few weeks after we cancelled him, CCL called and offered a suite for a small bump in price. :D

That's great GoVikes.

I got ahold of DS and told him I needed a decision because CS was wrong and I needed to change us to a 3 person room if he wasn't going. I knew his GF was wanting him to stay home and go to some Halloween laser tag zombie thing too. So I told him I was totally fine with him going to that with her instead, wouldn't hurt my feelings any. Oh no, now he's sure he's coming, yeah now that it's free and paid for by Mom :D

The whole thing with CS is irritating, I can't believe she could get that many things wrong in one conversation. I've never had issues like that with their CS. Hope this isn't a sign of things to come with their company.

In the end it's fine as long as he goes and I'm not paying for someone that isn't there.

For the future - save the complicated things for weekdays.

In my experience with CCL customer service, they must have some young, bored interns manning the phones in the weekends who more often than not give out incorrect information.

When you cal CS and don't get a positive answer just say thank you and wait one day. Call back and try again, if no better ask to speak to a supervisor. If still no hope,

give up and enjoy your cruise.

This is in NO WAY meant as a flame against you poobears. Please don't take it as such. This is why I always use a PVP even for the simple cruises. I had someone just today on the book of faces say she didn't understand why I would use a PVP when booking on line is so easy. I said because life happens.

Poobears have a wonderful cruise and make those memories with the family.

Is the PVP with Carnival Cruise Line? Sorry if this is a dumb question.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes. A PVP works for Carnival. They book and service your cruise. A really good one is worth their weight in gold! It is so nice to have one person to help you out. Mine knows me on a first name basis and I can get a hold of him night or day, 7 days a week. I even have his cell phone number. If you get a good one, you will never book any other way.

Edited by firemanbobswife

Too late now, but this is where a good PVP is invaluable. I don't trust the regular CSRs at all. I know more than they do most of the time.

Lucky you, but where does one find a 'invaluable PVP'??.....we've had many and NOT ONE any more knowledgable, helpful and/ or certainly NOT better than the CSR's that answer the 800# on CCL. It's a toss of the dice each and every phone call unfortunately.

Lucky you, but where does one find a 'invaluable PVP'??.....we've had many and NOT ONE any more knowledgable, helpful and/ or certainly NOT better than the CSR's that answer the 800# on CCL. It's a toss of the dice each and every phone call unfortunately.

By either getting assigned one or by asking for a referral outside of here. The guy I have has been with Carnival since 1992.

I have had some real doozies answer the general 800 number and one almost got my reservation canceled because I had originally booked with a reduced deposit and when I got the lower rate I asked her if I need to pay the additional deposit and she said no. I asked her 2 more times and each time she said no. I knew better. Hung up the phone, went online to my booking and low and behold it said I needed to pay the remaining deposit by the end of the day. That is just one example of the bad experiences I have had with CSRs.

I've had the same PVP for seven years and 12 Carnival cruises, including two that were rescheduled/cancelled. She responds to me quickly and knows what type of cabin we want. I've learned from her not to go through the main number apart from issues with the website. She takes care of everything on her end. I now book cruises with several friends and my PVP takes care of all of us, keeping me in the loop so I can help keep track of who has paid. The pricing is the same as booking on my own, but I am more confident that I have what I want for the best price considering the different rates that are available at booking.

I like a personal T.A. through one of the more popular cruise sights. I always get additional perks like Steakhouse dinners and more OBC then CCL offers. She is always available, extremely cruise knowledgeable, and contacts CCL immediately if necessary.

Too late now, but this is where a good PVP is invaluable. I don't trust the regular CSRs at all. I know more than they do most of the time.

So totally agree with you firemanbobswife

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

But it is finding a good PVP that can be a problem. We have a PVP but would not call him a good one. I feel I know more than him.

We booked a cruise onboard and booked it at the Past Guest rate and received $100 OBC for booking onboard. When we were sure we were going, we called him to change to the Early Saver Rate which was less that what we were paying. He told us we would lose the OBC for booking onboard during our last cruise. He said he had to call to get permission for us to keep the OBC. He had us on hold for 20 minutes. Finally he said we could switch rates (not ships or dates of sailing) and keep our OBC for the onboard booking. The representative onboard the ship when booking told us we could do this. People on here say you can do this. But my PVP said it couldn't be done until he talked to a superior. I don't feel he is any better than the people you call at the general number.

Edited by luv2trvlnow

I'm sorry that happened to you, my mom was booked to go on our cruise in June with us and she was sharing a balcony room with the two granddaughters, the room was for three people. Unfortunately she died before the cruise and we called Carnival to cancel her from the room. They were wonderful and very understanding. The two girls got to stay in the same room and there was no talk of moving , no , we did not have a pvp. We always do our own booking and have had great luck. I do agree that at times the person you talk to isn't helpful so we wait and call back.

I am booked 4 people into a balcony on the lido deck. DS has had a some things come up and was thinking of cancelling so I called customer service to cancel him. She said we'd have to change rooms. I said I knew that and that was fine. There were no 3 person rooms on the Lido left so we'd have to move up to the Panorama deck, not the deck I wanted but fine, not a big deal going down one deck to the Lido.

I had already paid all but $250 on the cruise, $1543.80 was paid. DS's deposit was $75 since the cruise was booked during a special and the CS rep said there would be a $50 cancellation fee lost plus $25 would be credited for a future cruise in my name since I made all the payment. After those fees that would leave a balanced paid of $1,468.80. I said that should cover our new room right? She said no, you'd still owe the $250. I said how is that possible and she said well cancelling doesn't change what you owe, now you are just splitting the payment 3 ways instead of 4. I told her no there are also port fees, taxes and prepaid gratuities in that total so there is no way I owe $250 but she insisted if I cancelled him I would still owe $250. Final payment isn't until Aug 29 so we are still a month out from final payment.

I finally told her to just forget it that I was not changing to a worse room and still paying $250 when he wasn't even going. So I hung up, went online and paid his $250 myself and called him and told him he could go or not but I was keeping my room. I will just have him be a no show at port if he can't go.

It kept bugging me so I went on and did a mock booking as 3 people with early saver on Panorama deck with gratuities included and I get $1,445.35 which means it's less than the amount I had already paid after they would have subtracted his $75 cancellation fees.

Am I crazy? It's on the Triumph out of New Orleans on Oct 29

Personally, I wouldn't have called and told them your son couldn't go. When I got to the terminal I would have said he was running late and went on about my business.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app