Zoom Pricing confirmation 9confusion

Valiamo

Looking @ the RCI site I am seeing conflicting/confusing pricing on Zoom.

Site says Zoom for 2 is "$24.88 Adult Day", so if I order the package in advance is it $24.88 OR is it $24.88x2 (one for each adult) for a total of $49.76 per day? (Prices in CAD$).

Plus, can we (DW and I) share the plans one accessing at a time? We will have a laptop and 2 iPads. We really just need occasional internet to check the kids left behind.

BTW what is the USD$ price on Zoom, as it could be better for me to purchase in USD$ vs CAD$, especially with today's exchange rate of 1.32.

edit... so confused I screwed up the title...

Just to add on when purchase via cruise planner only select one of you when purchasing the 2 device plane. Even though you only select on person you will get two device codes on your room to activate both yours and your wife’s device. If you select both of you at check out you would technically be purchasing 4 devices... let me know if that makes sense. [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks Bob;

Still partially confused, but getting closer to knowing what is I think, I think is right.

The screenshot suggests that the onboard base USD price for 2 devices is $14.99x2 (or $29.88). The sale price appears to be $19.25 USD ($24.88CAD) so this sale might actually be a sale on the RCI site. :D:D

If you’re already booked, log in your cruise planner to see pricing.

Cruise planner pricing varies by ship and sail date.

The onboard pricing Bob provided is a good reference for purchasing once you board.

Alas, not being in the US, I can only see prices in my home currency. I can only "guess" at the exchange used. I have a USD credit card, and sometimes the price can be in my favour if I purchase using that card vs my normal card. As RCI has a habit of having sale prices that are not really sale prices, I wanted to be sure.

The screenshot suggests that the onboard base USD price for 2 devices is $14.99x2 (or $29.88). The sale price appears to be $19.25 USD ($24.88CAD) so this sale might actually be a sale on the RCI site. :D:D

Yes, VOOM in the planner is usually about 20% cheaper than the on board price (with bigger discounts sometimes).

BTW, you can share a one device package across your 4 devices, just one at a time.

There are two service levels... Voom SURF and Voom SURF+STREAM.

SURF is the slower, cheaper level, and sometimes isn't sold in advance. SURF+STREAM is faster, and is what is generally always part of beverage packages that offer a 1-Device internet service combination.

Across most of the near-term sailings I've seen currently, Voom SURF+STREAM 1-Device is generally discounted to $11.99/day. That's a great price, so if you want internet service and you see that pricing in USD, buy it.

Everything you buy in the Cruise Planner in advance you can cancel and get a refund at least as late as 3 days prior to the cruise. So if you ever see a better price than what you paid, you can just cancel the previous purchase and buy it at the new lower price.

When you see 2-Device, 3-Device and more internet offerings, they're mentioning the number of devices that can be simultaneously connected to internet service at the same time. You generally get a single code in such cases, meaning it can be awkward if two people who don't encounter each other regularly switch between multiple different devices. Sometimes you expressly log off a device to begin using another; sometimes it happens for you when a different device connects using the same code... seems to vary by ship.

Looking @ the RCI site I am seeing conflicting/confusing pricing on Zoom.

Site says Zoom for 2 is "$24.88 Adult Day", so if I order the package in advance is it $24.88 OR is it $24.88x2 (one for each adult) for a total of $49.76 per day? (Prices in CAD$).

Plus, can we (DW and I) share the plans one accessing at a time? We will have a laptop and 2 iPads. We really just need occasional internet to check the kids left behind.

BTW what is the USD$ price on Zoom, as it could be better for me to purchase in USD$ vs CAD$, especially with today's exchange rate of 1.32.

edit... so confused I screwed up the title...

It really sound like you just need a single device package. With a single device package you can connect any number of different devices but only one at a time. Unless you and your wife need to be on the internet at the same time this will be perfect.

Only select it for yourself, do not select it for each of you or you will be buying the same thing twice.

Royal’s current exchange rates are not that bad. Just buy it in CDN $.

It really sound like you just need a single device package. With a single device package you can connect any number of different devices but only one at a time. Unless you and your wife need to be on the internet at the same time this will be perfect.

Only select it for yourself, do not select it for each of you or you will be buying the same thing twice.

Royal’s current exchange rates are not that bad. Just buy it in CDN $.

Bought just the Surf 1 device package yesterday, the conversion worked out to 1.28 vs the USD price.

So what happens if I get a 1 device package and I want to send my husband a text?

First off, you would need a texting app that works over wifi. You could send your husband a text however he would not receive it until he logged on to the internet.

If you want to use your phones to keep in touch then you need a 2 device package.