Anthem of the Seas Questions

Obits

Hello,

We are set to sail out of Cape May on the Anthem of the Seas in May. I have been on one cruise (Celebrity) years ago, but have some questions.

1. How much money should I budget? It is my son and I. Gratuities have already been paid. I do not drink.

2. We were given a 2N-GTY cabin. I understand the GTY means that RC will assign us a cabin, but what does the 2N mean?

3. We will be in Bermuda overnight, is there a set time we have to be back on the ship when we are docked overnight?

4. Does anyone know what the Internet costs and is it worth it?

5. We are very excited about the indoor skydiving. How do we book our times for that?

Anything else I should know? Thank you !!

2N is the category of stateroom that you are guaranteed.

In Bermuda you can come and go as you please 24 hours, just get back before the ship sails.

Internet costs: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=55188055&postcount=105

Use your Cruise Planner on Royal's website to make reservations for the various activities.

2N is the category of stateroom that you are guaranteed.

In Bermuda you can come and go as you please 24 hours, just get back before the ship sails.

Internet costs: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=55188055&postcount=105

Use your Cruise Planner on Royal's website to make reservations for the various activities.

Thanks. I understand it is the type. I am asking what that type is. Inside? With a view? I cannot seem to find it onboard.

As far as Internet, is it worth it?

Hello,

We are set to sail out of Cape May on the Anthem of the Seas in May. I have been on one cruise (Celebrity) years ago, but have some questions.

1. How much money should I budget? It is my son and I. Gratuities have already been paid. I do not drink.

This is somewhat personal. All onboard expenses will be charged to the credit card you set up when you do your set sail pass. Cash is more for when you’re in the island for taxi, ferry, bus, food, etc. you can also use credit card on the island (not everyone takes American express) for larger purchases. )

2. We were given a 2N-GTY cabin. I understand the GTY means that RC will assign us a cabin, but what does the 2N mean?

Can’t help with this

3. We will be in Bermuda overnight, is there a set time we have to be back on the ship when we are docked overnight?

You don’t have to be back at night of the overnight. Security will be there 24/7 for that period. You need to be back approx. a half hour before sail away

Depends how many devices you want connected. I travelled with 4 people for 12 days on Anthem this month and we paid $118 each for the entire trip by buying a package for 4 devices and ordering it in advance when we were offered a 30% discount

5. We are very excited about the indoor skydiving. How do we book our times for that?

Book times in advance but if they are all full check it out when you board as there are times saved for onboard reservations- but they go fast. You can probably start booking shows, activities and dinners now or soon on line using the cruise planner. Or have the TA do it if you used a TA. Don’t wait- if it’s not available to book yet keep checking.

See my responses to your questions in the section above.

Have a great time. Check out Two70 for roboshow shows or vistarama in the evenings. Be proactive now with cruise planning to get best choices for shows, activities and MTD times. Also, you can start your set sail pass if getting an early boarding time is important to you. If you wait you may not be offered a time until early afternoon. And while it asks you to upload a photo, don’t worry, it’s easily taken at check in. If you do you’re set sail pass entires in advance, check in and boarding can take minutes.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hello,

1) It depends on what you do onboard, as I usually get a few tshirts and stuff so I would budget a couple of $100's

2) 2N is the cabin category, which I believe should be the inside cabin. If you are lucky you might get a better cabin, at a minimum you are going to get an inside cabin

3) No are allowed to come and go during the overnight stays

4) Sometimes the internet costs go on sale and you can get it at 30% or up to 50% off the costs. It's worth it as on the Anthem is was good performance

5) IFly should be booked online, else you can try waiting in person, but it gets filled up quickly

Thanks. I understand it is the type. I am asking what that type is. Inside? With a view? I cannot seem to find it onboard.

2N is an Oceanview (no balcony) stateroom. When you are looking at the deck plans, choose the link that says May 2018 and beyond.

"Worth it" is a subjective thing which only you can decide.

Hello,

We are set to sail out of Cape May on the Anthem of the Seas in May. ...

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

Please don't be in Cape MAY on the day of your sailing, because you will miss the ship, which will be in Cape LIBERTY.

We were on Anthem last week (our second sailing on her). The ship's wi-fi ("VOOM") worked very well. Whether it's worth it is a subjective question that only you can answer, given the price and how much you want or need to be "connected" while you are on vacation.

As to what else you should know -- I would not miss the North Star. It's awesome. I'd try to do it at sea as well as in port if you are able to. And hang out in Two70, which is the most amazing public space I've ever seen on a ship. (Don't miss the Intro to Two70 show on the first night, so you can see what they can do in this versatile space.) Too many other things to comment on, but if you have specific questions, folks will try to answer them. (And there are plenty of threads on here about Anthem for you to read.)

Anthem is a stunningly beautiful ship; enjoy your cruise!

"And while it asks you to upload a photo, don’t worry, it’s easily taken at check in. If you do you’re set sail pass entires in advance, check in and boarding can take minutes. "

Leslie,

When I went thru our check-in online, I did not yet have the photos available. Now that I have them, I can't seem to add them to our checkin. Is there a way to enter them now that I have them? Or am I too late?

Hello,

2N is an oceanview guarantee that can hold up to 4 people. Just do a mock reservation search for your sailing as an Oceanview and open up the "details". If the ship is not fully booked, the lowest cabin category you can receive is an oceanview cabin. Chances are you may be upgraded to an outside cabin. This is a good choice if you are flexible as to where your cabin is located. If you want a particular area of the ship, i.e., aft or mid, not a good choice. Better to book the type and location of the cabin you want even if the price is higher. At least you will get the cabin location/type you want.

MARAPRINCE

"And while it asks you to upload a photo, don’t worry, it’s easily taken at check in. If you do you’re set sail pass entires in advance, check in and boarding can take minutes. "

Leslie,

When I went thru our check-in online, I did not yet have the photos available. Now that I have them, I can't seem to add them to our checkin. Is there a way to enter them now that I have them? Or am I too late?

Not too late at all.

Just start the check-in process again. You will get to the prompts.

Don't get crazy about the photo. I did a photo once and it took me a while to transfer it to my checkin. They didn't like my Photo when I checked and took another so now I never bother with the photo. The folks checking you in use iPads and it takes them about 15 seconds to snap your picture.

Regardless of your "check in" time, you should plan to arrive at the pier between 10 and 10:30 unless the ship is delayed (CC is a good source for this info - delays have been rare). Boarding often starts as early as 10:45-11:00. Being among the first on board gives you a chance to book any missing activities or shows. Much as RCL would like you to reserve everything, the reality is that the "reservable" activities may be cancelled or rescheduled during your cruise so you have to be flexible. North Star, Ifly, and production shows like the Gift and Spectra can be affected by the outdoor weather or rolling seas.

We just got off the Anthem on Feb 17th. This was our second trip on this pretty ship.

*Make sure you go to Cape Liberty in Bayonne- Not Cape May at the southern tip of NJ.

*VOOM for internet worked great onboard and I highly recommend it. Keep watching for discounts on the RCI website.

*My husband managed to get a cancellation for IFly- he just walked in and asked if there was anything available, and they signed him up for the next day.

*My brother-in-law did the same thing for the Flow Rider.

*There are bumper cars on the ship at specific times that you will find in the Cruise Compass (the daily "newspaper")

*Specialty Dining: these are outside of the Main Dining Room but cost extra money- anywhere from $20-$40. Sometimes you can get a discount- again check the RCI website. All were fantastic...and the Main Dining room was great too.

*You will need $$ to take the ferry over to Hamilton in Bermuda. Some (most?) stores accept American $$.

The Anthem is a beautiful ship with lots to do. Enjoy!

Julia Ann

We just got off the Anthem on Feb 17th. This was our second trip on this pretty ship.

*Make sure you go to Cape Liberty in Bayonne- Not Cape May at the southern tip of NJ.

*VOOM for internet worked great onboard and I highly recommend it. Keep watching for discounts on the RCI website.

*My husband managed to get a cancellation for IFly- he just walked in and asked if there was anything available, and they signed him up for the next day.

*My brother-in-law did the same thing for the Flow Rider.

*There are bumper cars on the ship at specific times that you will find in the Cruise Compass (the daily "newspaper")

*Specialty Dining: these are outside of the Main Dining Room but cost extra money- anywhere from $20-$40.

Sometimes you can get a discount- again check the RCI website. All were fantastic...and the Main Dining room was great too.

*You will need $$ to take the ferry over to Hamilton in Bermuda. Some (most?) stores accept American $$.

The Anthem is a beautiful ship with lots to do. Enjoy!

Julia Ann

The Flowrider does not work on reservations. Show up and go. First come, first served.

Specialty restaurants go higher than that.

Leslie,

Yes you can add and edit checkin until I think 3 days before sailing.

I use an iPad and two years my picture would be inverted and then two years it came out sideways. So they always have to redo it anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

N is an "inside" cabin....no window, no view. Some in the "N" category are accessible, and therefore larger so wheelchairs can fit.

This is incorrect as the stateroom categories all change for cruises after May 4, 2018.