Escape the Big Top

Mechman1971

Is this "escape room" the same puzzles on the Getaway as it is on the Escape? We did it on the Getaway last year, and would not want to sign up for it on our Jan Escape cruise if the puzzles were the same. Anyone know? Knowing NCL, I'm pretty sure they would be the same...if anyone wants to PM me so that specific puzzles are not revealed, feel free

• 4 weeks later...

Odds are they may be the same. Without giving anything important away, on the escape you had to find words and you had things like posters to look at, a small hand held maze. Some carnival games and some scarfs.

Hopefully that may have told you enough without giving away anything. Using the same props would really limit what they could do.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Is this "escape room" the same puzzles on the Getaway as it is on the Escape? We did it on the Getaway last year, and would not want to sign up for it on our Jan Escape cruise if the puzzles were the same. Anyone know? Knowing NCL, I'm pretty sure they would be the same...if anyone wants to PM me so that specific puzzles are not revealed, feel free

On both ships:

Miss Scarlet did it in the library with the candlestick.

Uh she DID IT huh, did you stay and watch? ;p

I hope she cleaned up after herself!

My thoughts for this humorous reply was CLUE.

But to be honest, I started with Mrs. Peacock and the rope.

Madeline Kahn played a saucy Miss Scarlett, hence the candlestick and our aligned thoughts.

• 2 weeks later...

Its basically a race between 6 to 8 teams of 6 or so people per team, to try and solve a number of different types of puzzles. To help solve puzzles you need to find clues somewhere in the room. It's not really an escape room like you'd get on land where they lock you in the room for an hour. If you like puzzles and clue finding etc...it's worth the hour of time...don't want to give too much away. I wouldn't really call it a kid worthy event though, as I think that the puzzles are a little too difficult for kids...teen's or kids like Young Sheldon may work! :-)

Its basically a race between 6 to 8 teams of 6 or so people per team, to try and solve a number of different types of puzzles. To help solve puzzles you need to find clues somewhere in the room. It's not really an escape room like you'd get on land where they lock you in the room for an hour. If you like puzzles and clue finding etc...it's worth the hour of time...don't want to give too much away. I wouldn't really call it a kid worthy event though, as I think that the puzzles are a little too difficult for kids...teen's or kids like Young Sheldon may work! :-)

Does the winner get anything? Is there a cost?

No it's free....not sure if winners get anything...no one figured it out on our cruise. Pretty sure that you'd get a bottle of sparkling wine or something if you did figure it out. Not the easiest puzzles though....we solved about 1/2 of them, and had no clue even how to do the other ones. THey do explain them all at the end, so you can give yourself a face palm, when you hear how they are done..