Refundable deposit option not offered: Glitch?

I don't believe it's an IT issue. I have tried IE, Firefox, & Chrome and the option for refundable isn't shown.

I feel it's the new normal. Is deceitful the right word? I'm not saying it is, I just feel that some people may not know they have a choice and make a NRD booking. Not everyone reads the fine print.

Thanks! I didn't see anything when I searched "refundable," which is odd. Maybe this computer is haunted.

I always use the "Advanced Search", and choose to search titles only. It seems to be more reliable.

I tried to do a price check on our 3/28/19 sailing out of Baltimore and the option to book a refundable deposit wasn't there. Did something change in the last few days or is it just an IT issue?

To be honest, I thought it was a policy change and they were going completely nonrefundable. Talk about making "waves" in the industry. But as it turns out, you need to add passenger details and proceed to the checkout to add an optional cost to make the booking refundable. So now they're just making it difficult or more work for people thst just want to browse prices.

It was only showing me non refundable earlier today on my Android for a late 2019 Mariner cruise. Went to my laptop using Chrome and got both refundable and non refundable but only balcony cabins they show as available are what used to be E cabins. Did not show any of the ones that used to be D1 and D2. third party site shows lots of them avaiable. Forgot their new designations

After you put in your guest information, you should find the option to make your res refundable on the same screen you choose your dining option

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hey, thanks! I never go that far when checking prices but now I know!

To be honest, I thought it was a policy change and they were going completely nonrefundable. Talk about making "waves" in the industry. But as it turns out, you need to add passenger details and proceed to the checkout to add an optional cost to make the booking refundable. So now they're just making it difficult or more work for people thst just want to browse prices.

Thanks. Seems like it would be easier and/or lead to less potential guest frustration by just doing it up front, but I'm glad the option is still there, even if its more work for me.

I don't believe it's an IT issue. I have tried IE, Firefox, & Chrome and the option for refundable isn't shown.

I feel it's the new normal. Is deceitful the right word? I'm not saying it is, I just feel that some people may not know they have a choice and make a NRD booking. Not everyone reads the fine print.

I agree with you. I tried with other internet platforms and the refundable deposit price do not show up. I really think that it’s another way to trick people into reserving at those terms. Terrible business practice!

Random question, but this is my first time booking this non-refundable option. If I book that, does it mean, if there's a price drop I won't be able to take advantage of it?

You can still take advantage of price drops before final payment date.

Just did a mock booking ( OP’s ship and date) and both refundable and non refundable fares showed up for me.

Yeah, I tried again and the option was there once I'd entered the guest info. A bit of a pain just to find out that the refundable was $166 more than the fare I'd been looking at for the previous 6 screens.

I tried to do a price check on our 3/28/19 sailing out of Baltimore and the option to book a refundable deposit wasn't there. Did something change in the last few days or is it just an IT issue?

I'm not seeing it either. :cool:

Maybe that's the plan. Very cumbersome checking prices if you want refundable.

It's disconcerting how the cruise industry has devolved into a teenager hoping mom and dad don't realize he's been siphoning booze from the liquor cabinet.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums