Galveston weather concerns

Any reports about EZCruise? I phoned them, and they said some cars did get water damage. But so far, they were driving them off.

EZ Cruise advertises the highest lots. Last time, I requested the higher lot, but that lot was filled when we arrived for Liberty last November.

My apologies LadyF for doubting you!:confused: Lesson learned...don't let the tank get lower than 1/2.

Hey it's all good! Just trying to help out. I had no idea that other areas outside of DFW were going to be affected. This week has just been a rollercoaster of emotions regarding everything going on and whether or not we're going to be making it to this cruise! I haven't even started packing yet since it's been so uncertain all along!

This morning everyone on social media (immediately after filling their OWN tanks up) are yelling at each other about filling up and how we're all causing our own problems. People tend to look out for themselves first....that's just human nature!

If you don't mind saying publically, where?

I graduated from Nederland High and my DW graduated from TJ (feels like before dirt was invented). Lived in the area until we turned 30...then moved to DFW.

Our house was in Griffin Park and we have heard most of that area is clear...which makes sense because it sits on a little ridge. We got married in The Methodist Temple on Hwy 73 and judging from the picture we saw there is only about 6 FEET of water in the church.

Sill have a lot of family in SE Texas and fortunately most are dry. A couple got a few inches in their homes but they aren't total losses.

Stay safe.

I am sorry and don't mean to hijack the thread - just giving you more details since you were from the area. I hope the other readers don't mind.

We are in Port Neches, and dry where we are. We had moved last year from the area close to the golf course and Central mall in Port Arthur, which had never flooded while I lived there. It's hard to imagine our old house is only 5 miles away, and flooded - yet we are high and dry.

If you've seen the reporting from the Max Bowl building where people were being rescued, that is down the street from Central Mall. The lady who bought my house said while there was about a foot of water in her house, they were rescued by boat as the water was at chest level in the street. We have friends that go to the flooded church where you were married, and my daughter heard they may be moving their services to Port Neches for now.

I'm so glad your family fared well. A lot of mid-county did well too, dry and services intact. We'd heard Port Arthur's pumps went out during the storm, contributing to their flooding. Hamshire-Fannet areas flooded the day before Harvey came ashore here, causing the road closures west of Port Arthur and Beaumont. That area and Port Arthur were impacted so much. It's sad. Port Arthur will need help for a long time.

Beaumont had a setback yesterday with their city services when they lost pumps to both areas that supply city water. In the meantime they were evacuating the hospital there, and relocating 2 shelters of people from Beaumont today. I just saw a report that part of the city may have water service restored.

The rescue helicopters had been flying over our house for 48 hours - but silence today. I hope that means rescues have been completed. The sound of silence is the sound of hope that all have been rescued, and gratitude for all who braved dangerous conditions to help Port Arthur.

Anyone off the cruise ships today in Galveston - PLEASE check road conditions before trying to drive this way towards Louisiana. As far as I know, I-10 still has areas of flooding from west of Beaumont to the Louisiana line. As others have helpfully supplied all along, check www.drivetexas.org . Please be safe.

Apparently this is an option.

Where the Valor is currently docked (the middle ship in the pic) is labeled as "RCI" on Google Maps. West of there (sort where Magic is shown) doesn't seem to be enough space for a ship the size of Liberty before the start of the commercial pier. We'll find out in less than an hour as Liberty is approaching the port now.

At least one of the Carnival ships (Freedom) is about to leave the dock, can't see the other one close enough on the camera to tell what it's doing.

After the fog delays earlier this year, they had 3 ships tied up at dock but only 2 of them were loading/unloading at a time.

I wish people would post what they knew was true, I.e. The above post

1. One private lot have cars with water damage.

2. Galveston has gas, so does Houston and most towns out of the metropolitan area.( people aren't topping off their tanks)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Glad to hear it!

Any reports about EZCruise? I phoned them, and they said some cars did get water damage. But so far, they were driving them off.

EZ Cruise advertises the highest lots. Last time, I requested the higher lot, but that lot was filled when we arrived for Liberty last November.

I arrived at EZ park a few years back, the high lot was full. They showed me the other lot I told them no thank you then went to the Port of Galveston lot.

I arrived at EZ park a few years back, the high lot was full. They showed me the other lot I told them no thank you then went to the Port of Galveston lot.

Hi Curtis. Hope y'all have a great week on Liberty next week, with no hurricanes messing you up! RCI has already announced they're changing itinerary from eastern to western for Allure. I'm watching Irma and possibly Jose, since I board Allure 9/10!

Hi Curtis. Hope y'all have a great week on Liberty next week, with no hurricanes messing you up! RCI has already announced they're changing itinerary from eastern to western for Allure. I'm watching Irma and possibly Jose, since I board Allure 9/10!

Thank you enjoy your cruise

I-45 Report from today after getting off Liberty of the Seas:

Its actually hard to tell a hurricane/flooding occurred in Houston or Galveston County except for long lines around storage facilities. All the gasoline stations in Galveston on Harborside had gas w/o lines. Seemed like a majority of gas stations all the way up to the Dallas southern suburbs had gasoline at least near I-45. If you are still considering heading out for a cruise this weekend I think its a GO!

Its actually hard to tell a hurricane/flooding occurred in Houston or Galveston County except for long lines around storage facilities. All the gasoline stations in Galveston on Harborside had gas w/o lines. Seemed like a majority of gas stations all the way up to the Dallas southern suburbs had gasoline at least near I-45. If you are still considering heading out for a cruise this weekend I think its a GO!

Thanks for comng back to update future cruisers, and glad you had a good drive home from the Port!

Good to hear, thanks for the update! Sounds like they're keeping the stations on the main roads stocked for the holiday weekend. Most of the stations near me in DFW northern suburbs are still empty, but we're gonna head on out tomorrow!

Good to hear, thanks for the update! Sounds like they're keeping the stations on the main roads stocked for the holiday weekend. Most of the stations near me in DFW northern suburbs are still empty, but we're gonna head on out tomorrow!

Be safe on the ride down

FYI, this applies to cruisers departing Galveston this weekend too. I booked with Hilton for one night since driving from Louisiana will be a challenge with road closures. Great price with them considering parking at the port is $70 to $90 for a 7 day cruise. From the Port of Galveston emergency alert page:

HOTELS:

The Galveston Island Convention & Visitors Bureau is pleased to offer the discounted rates to any displaced cruise passengers. These rates are only starting rates and may vary based upon availability, require a minimum length of stay and boarding pass documentation. I will be updating this as more hotels participate.

Best Western starting at $125.00 + 15% tax

8710 Seawall Blvd

409-740-9100

(transportation provided)

Hilton Galveston Island Resort starting at $119.00 + 15% tax

5400 Seawall Blvd

409-744-5000

Holiday Inn Resort Galveston starting at $109.00 + 15% tax

5002 Seawall Blvd

409-740-5300

Hotel Galvez starting at $99.00+ 15% tax

2024 Seawall Blvd

409-765-7721

Moody Gardens Hotel $129.00+ 15% tax

Seven Hope Blvd

409-741-8484

From arriving-9/1-17- departing 9/7/17 guests can call 888-388-8484- or come in person to make a reservation under the block Cruise-Harvey. Sold out September 8th

San Luis starting at $129.00 + 15% tax

5222 Seawall Blvd

409-744-1500

The Tremont House starting at $99.00+ 15% tax

2300 Ship’s Mechanic Row

409-763-0300

Edited by nolaluv
missing info

Article in the Galveston paper about returning cruise passengers:

http://www.galvnews.com/news/free/article_74cdc2a2-e178-55f9-928f-86ff8836e572.html#utm_source=galvnews.com&utm_campaign=%2Fnewsletters%2Fheadlines%2Fsaturday%2F%3Frefreshed%26-dc%3D1504348376&utm_medium=email&utm_content=headline

Also, a local TV station interviewed a passenger from the Houston area that had been on a Carnival cruise with a group of 10 family members. The family all left their cars at this person's home. All the cars were destroyed and the house had about three feet of water in it during the floods.