Ocean medallion compensation

Lt108

I think it is wrong that pax affected are only getting the goodwill obc on complaint. Princess should give it to all affected automatically.:o:halo:

I read stories of pax paying 400 bucks for a cruise and getting the goodwill obc and others getting massive upgrades. All out of control IMO.

Sure I booked a ***** advertised cruise on Royal, but would not embarrass myself chasing extra obc, anyway they would not give it to Aussies !!!

I think it is wrong that pax affected are only getting the goodwill obc on complaint. Princess should give it to all affected automatically.:o:halo:

I read stories of pax paying 400 bucks for a cruise and getting the goodwill obc and others getting massive upgrades. All out of control IMO.

Sure I booked a ***** advertised cruise on Royal, but would not embarrass myself chasing extra obc, anyway they would not give it to Aussies !!!

I tend to disagree. Is it legit to give OBC to a passenger that doesn't want *****.? There have been multiple posts here by folks claiming that they have no interest in *****. I'm not saying they shouldn't get the OBC, but at least they should ask for it. IMO, it's no different than when a lower priced cruise fare comes out. Should all passengers get it? This is a business after all.

Wow, I had no idea that Princess was lagging so far behind in implementing *****. We are booked on the Caribbean princess in June. I received an email today stating that we will not be able to take advantage of ***** on our cruise. (Web site still shows it as being in place for our sailing)

I called Princess and talked to a rep about this. She told me that ***** will be in place but only a small percentage of passengers will be part of the "test run". She told me I could watch others and see how nice this feature was. I told her this was worse than it not being available shipwide.... I'm supposed to look over somebody's shoulder and oooh and ahhh over this new feature that is unavailable to me. :mad:(n)

Never once did she offer anything in the way of compensation.

Although ***** was not the only reason for selecting this cruise, it did play a part in the decision making process. May be time to start looking elsewhere for this summer.

Wow, I had no idea that Princess was lagging so far behind in implementing *****. We are booked on the Caribbean princess in June. I received an email today stating that we will not be able to take advantage of ***** on our cruise. (Web site still shows it as being in place for our sailing)

I called Princess and talked to a rep about this. She told me that ***** will be in place but only a small percentage of passengers will be part of the "test run". She told me I could watch others and see how nice this feature was. I told her this was worse than it not being available shipwide.... I'm supposed to look over somebody's shoulder and oooh and ahhh over this new feature that is unavailable to me. :mad:(n)

Although ***** was not the only reason for selecting this cruise, it did play a part in the decision making process. May be time to start looking elsewhere for this summer.

Good post thankyou. Perhaps now Princess has put the stopper on ***** compensation, after giving a fair amount of Goodwill obc in the past few weeks.

The Bean Counters have ruled !!:')

Mine was after final payment when the trouble occurred. I was happy to get something for not being able to experience what was sold to me. If this had occurred before final payment I would have cancelled and book another cruise later in the year. For those that are still before final payment I see a choice I did not have. For Princess is it worth a small OBC to keep an existing reservation or process the cancellation and hope the person books again with them, I'd guess it is. Also note the price of the same cruise 12 months earlier was less, so they raised the rate because they were offering expanded services, IMHO.

framer

Just to follow up..... After posting the above message a week ago, I wrote a polite email to customer relations at Princess expressing my disappointment and requesting a clarification. After waiting 3 days and not getting a response, I wrote a second (snarkier) message and asked if ignoring my original message was going to be the new customer service "normal".

I guess you catch more flies with "snarkiness" than with politeness as I received a call today from Princess. I received the standard "we're sorry but we bit off more than we could chew with *****. We have taken a step back and will make it right before launching." I was also told that the representative I initially spoke with should never have told me that I could watch others using ***** and share in their excitement. (duh).

Oh, and they've finally updated the web site so that it no longer shows ***** as being a feature on the cruise.

My original comment about not caring for the way Princess has handled this situation has been reinforced.

~Brian

They are still giving out the credit. I phoned yesterday morning and got it with no difficulty.

Not with Princess Australia. I was speaking to a Princess rep a couple of days ago re other cruise issues and they had not heard of goodwill obc being given re no ***** so were not entertaining any claims. :rolleyes: Irrespective of the ship.