Clean safe hotel within an hour from Miami?

Mybearsbaby

Hi everyone! We have a cruise coming up, and have never cruised from Miami. Usually, we do a park and cruise or we book with an offsite parking.

We found a Quality Inn that we made a reservation for which offers parking and shuttle for around $200 total after tax and all, but after reading reviews, we may cancel that and go another route.

I keep reading caution about parking in Miami. I'm thinking we may need to just pay the extra to park at the port. If we do that, we need to find a cheaper hotel within an hour of Miami. We thought about Ft Lauderdale or something like that as we are coming down 95 from the north to port. We aren't too picky, we just want a clean room and one with free breakfast...like a La Quinta. Bonus points if it is under $100. Anybody have suggestions? Thank you!

Would be helpful to have the date you need the hotel. If you are willing to stay about two hours north of Miami I would suggest you check Ft. Pierce. I have stayed in a Hampton Inn and a Fairfield Inn right off I-95 on a number of occasions and never paid more than $129 and more often than not it was less than $100. Also if your overnight is a weekend night you might try the Ft. Lauderdale Marriott North or the Westin Fort Lauderdale. These two are primarily business travelers hotels and sometimes offer good rates on weekends.

Good luck and have a great cruise.

Hi everyone! We have a cruise coming up, and have never cruised from Miami. Usually, we do a park and cruise or we book with an offsite parking.

We found a Quality Inn that we made a reservation for which offers parking and shuttle for around $200 total after tax and all, but after reading reviews, we may cancel that and go another route.

I keep reading caution about parking in Miami. I'm thinking we may need to just pay the extra to park at the port. If we do that, we need to find a cheaper hotel within an hour of Miami. We thought about Ft Lauderdale or something like that as we are coming down 95 from the north to port. We aren't too picky, we just want a clean room and one with free breakfast...like a La Quinta. Bonus points if it is under $100. Anybody have suggestions? Thank you!

https://www.lq.com/en/hotels/florida/hollywood/fort-lauderdale-airport

You could book the park and cruise package and then arrange transportation from there to POM and then back post cruise.

• 1 month later...

We are looking at staying in Cutler Bay at a Motel 6. Never been there so hoping for the best. Our back up option which we've stayed at before is the Fairway Inn in Florida City. Thinking of doing parking at the port now the more I read so gotta do a cheaper hotel. 

On 12/6/2018 at 1:21 AM, Yanicka24 said:

We are looking at staying in Cutler Bay at a Motel 6. Never been there so hoping for the best. Our back up option which we've stayed at before is the Fairway Inn in Florida City. Thinking of doing parking at the port now the more I read so gotta do a cheaper hotel. 

I'm not sure I understand why you would drive an hour PAST Miami to save a few bucks at a hotel.  Aren't you coming from the north?  

I'll rephrase.  Why wouldn't you just stop on the way at a similarly priced hotel as opposed to driving right past Miami.

There are spots in Ft Lauderdale with similar pricing to Motel 6 in Cutler Bay.  We have Motel 6, Days Inn, etc.

Edited by BNBR

Scratch the Fairway Inn off your list.  We've stayed there before getting a late start to the keys but it is so far out of your way it is ridiculous.  You could easily get caught up in such bad traffic the next morning you could miss your cruise.  Those Doral and Kendall exits are insane.

Ditto Cutler Bay.  It is just inconveniently out of your way.

Look at hotels at the airport.  Hotwire or priceline a three star or better.  

Miami is a very dangerous city if you end up in a cheap hotel in the wrong area.