TA Formal Nights

Mikeyandjoanna1010

So 6 on a back to back TA, I might have to treat myself to some more dress shirts :)

This would be a sensible strategy as no flights with luggage restrictions will be on your itinerary. You could even participate in the themes.

Regards John

You can get them washed & ironed for you on board at around $6 or $7 each

Yes l do that, I have 3 shirts which l send out on the last day of the westbound and they come back washed and pressed in time for the eastbound. Usually l've eaten through my OBC by then so there is also a small reduction on cost via my world club status.

M-AR

We're doing two crossings with a break in between. If I send out DH's shirts on the next-to-last day, they won't be ready for disembarkation. Will the laundry hold them for a week, or treat them as lost items and we'll never see them again?

We haven't done a simple 7-day TA in several years. (Our last two were QM2's birthday and Cunard 175) For a 7-day TA, I can see balls for day 2 and day 6. What's usually the middle formal night?

And will Cunard arrange luggage storage between the two cruises, or do I have to make arrangements for myself? Oh, for the good old days when the Baggage Master on QE2 would just hold luggage for you...

On several occasions I have sailed eastbound on QM2, gotten off in Southampton while then ship went on to the Continent or Hamburg for a few days, and then caught her back westbound. Cunard has a service where you can check the bags in Southampton, and they will be returned to you stateroom for the return voyage. It was a nominal amount. You arrange it on board.

On several occasions I have sailed eastbound on QM2, gotten off in Southampton while then ship went on to the Continent or Hamburg for a few days, and then caught her back westbound. Cunard has a service where you can check the bags in Southampton, and they will be returned to you stateroom for the return voyage. It was a nominal amount. You arrange it on board.

That's what I want to do. Keep things as simple as possible for the land portion of the trip.

Grand Harbour Hotel at Southampton look after luggage through their Cruise Lounge. Not sure how long they can hold stuff for though. I have used their Cruise Lounge, the non-alcohol package and concierge transfer to quayside, staying overnight is not compulsory you can just use the lounge if you want. I think pre-booking is better.

Regards John