Orient Beach- We want to bare it all but not sure HOW to go about it?

jokesbyjen

So unlike the zillions of other posts, we are NOT offended by nudity on the beaches and are super curious, to the point of wanting to JOIN IN!

Here's my question--- I know there's a sign warning people coming from Pedro's that they're getting near the Nude Beach (Club Orient). But how do we go about getting over there? Is there an actual physical barrier we have to climb over?

Are we even allowed on "their" beach if we're not Club Orient guests?

On the ACTUAL beach belonging to Club Orient, are there still people fully clothed (which I think is awkward and kinda rude...) or do people bare some but not all?

Has anyone ever visited for the day and gone over "there" and bared it all?

Here's my questions:

~Do we have to get fully naked and walk around totally exposed?

~Can we wear our suits or towels and just drop them before getting in the water? Can we cover up with a towel without feeling like we're "cheating" the rules?

~Is there a "better" spot on the beach to go where we won't be a tourist attraction and gawked at? (I have no problem baring it all for total strangers, but if I have to go back on the boat with people who aren't nekkid as well, that can be weird. So much for the "we're never going to see these people ever again, why not!?" mentality!)

~Is everyone walking around young, thin, and tanned? Because although we are the first, we are not the others. LOL.

I just think it's a once-in-a-lifetime chance and I think we'd have a ball swimming/skinny dipping! I'm just not sure I want to strut around for a long time without being somewhat covered. lol.

I know, I know, I'm neurotic. But not a lot of people on here are willing to discuss how they WANT to do it, rather than how to AVOID seeing it. ;)

I want to make sure I don't look like a gawky tourist when I really just want to join in on the fun!

Number one rule - Sunscreen!

Don't stare. (Sunglasses could be helpful here. Dark ones.)

It's casual. No barrier to climb over. (That could be ouch!)

European atmosphere, so all body types will be there. Go with any level of clothing you wish.

Have fun.

So unlike the zillions of other posts, we are NOT offended by nudity on the beaches and are super curious, to the point of wanting to JOIN IN!

Here's my question--- I know there's a sign warning people coming from Pedro's that they're getting near the Nude Beach (Club Orient). But how do we go about getting over there? Is there an actual physical barrier we have to climb over?

No barrier - you just walk past the sign

Are we even allowed on "their" beach if we're not Club Orient guests?

Yes the entire beach is public but you can't use Club Orient's loungers. HOWEVER when I was there last you could rent loungers from a concessionnaire next to Pedro's and he would set them up for you just on the other side of the sign.

On the ACTUAL beach belonging to Club Orient, are there still people fully clothed (which I think is awkward and kinda rude...) or do people bare some but not all?

When I was there there were some people fully clothed, many people topless and of course mostly nude people. I was visiting friends who are naturists and was too shy to become completely nude - no problem.

Has anyone ever visited for the day and gone over "there" and bared it all?

Here's my questions:

~Do we have to get fully naked and walk around totally exposed?

No

~Can we wear our suits or towels and just drop them before getting in the water? Can we cover up with a towel without feeling like we're "cheating" the rules?

No problem - whatever you like.

~Is there a "better" spot on the beach to go where we won't be a tourist attraction and gawked at? (I have no problem baring it all for total strangers, but if I have to go back on the boat with people who aren't nekkid as well, that can be weird. So much for the "we're never going to see these people ever again, why not!?" mentality!)

On Orient Beach this really is about the best spot to get 'nekkid'

~Is everyone walking around young, thin, and tanned? Because although we are the first, we are not the others. LOL.

Definitely not. Fat people, older people, young people,skinny people, even little kids (one of our naturist friends had their little boy with them and he just loved being able to skinny dip). It's definitely not only body beautiful or creepy (well I think the occasional gawker is kind of creepy)

I just think it's a once-in-a-lifetime chance and I think we'd have a ball swimming/skinny dipping! I'm just not sure I want to strut around for a long time without being somewhat covered. lol.

I know, I know, I'm neurotic. But not a lot of people on here are willing to discuss how they WANT to do it, rather than how to AVOID seeing it. ;)

I want to make sure I don't look like a gawky tourist when I really just want to join in on the fun!

You will undoubtedly feel a little awkward - I did a bit - as the only mostly clothed person in our little group but it's a good place to give it a try. You can always enter the water, strip and give it you first try "covered by water". That's what one of my friends did.

I have been in contact with Club Orient regarding visiting while on the Island with a cruise.

You CAN rent lounge chairs from Club O. $20.00 for two lounge chairs and an umbrella.

You CAN go to their restaraunts even if you are not a guest at the resort. Just be sure to bring a seperate towel to sit on if you decide to go and eat there.

Club Orient is "Clothing Optional" not "nude". Whatever state of dress you are comfortable with is OK.

There will be far more "ordinary" people than super models, and among naturists...really no one cares.

As far as a better spot for Au Naturale lounging, Club O is it. It is illegal to be fully nude elsewhere on the beach. In the past it has rarely been enforced, but Club O is now warning their guests that the local Gendarmes are issuing tickets with hefty fines for being nude past Pedro's.

The only "gawkers" we have notice there are old guys, typical tourist types, shorts, polo shirts, black knee socks, sandals, standing right at the edge of the Club O area trying to get a peek with one eye while watching out for their wives with the other!

You seem like you have the right attitude and I'm willing to bet that once you try it you will be hooked.

Thanks for the answers, guys! We're getting super excited about it!!! LOL

I figure we can just go toward the other end of Club Orient's beach to avoid being gawked at by the "clothed" people trying to sneak a peek... hopefully they feel too awkward to come strolling through crowds of naked people. :D

I'm sure once I'm there and see how many other "imperfect" people are there strutting their stuff, I won't feel so awkward.

My husband said "Do any other ports have nude beaches, too?" so clearly HE'S up to the challenge! lol

Thanks for the answers, guys! We're getting super excited about it!!! LOL

I figure we can just go toward the other end of Club Orient's beach to avoid being gawked at by the "clothed" people trying to sneak a peek... hopefully they feel too awkward to come strolling through crowds of naked people. :D

I'm sure once I'm there and see how many other "imperfect" people are there strutting their stuff, I won't feel so awkward.

My husband said "Do any other ports have nude beaches, too?" so clearly HE'S up to the challenge! lol

If you are going to Antigua, one of the beaches at Hawksbill Resort is a nude beach. They offer daypasses and some people claim to have had no problem just walking to the beach without paying at all.

First a quote from the Club Orient website. Lots of information there, but no link here, you'll have to find it yourself, as they show some partial nudity on the pages.

Club orient is a clothing optional resort which means you can dress as you please, from nude to completely clothed and anywhere in-between. Some guests become naturists gradually. Others recognize immediately how much more enjoyable being clothes free is almost immediately. There is no correct approach to becoming a naturist.

Complete nudity is appropriate anywhere on the resort, just be sure to follow naturist etiquette by always sitting on a towel! No one will be critical of your dressed or undressed state on the resort. What’s most important is that you are comfortable with yourself and your surroundings.

You've received some good advice, but here are some of my random observations, based upon literally hundreds of hours on Orient Beach.

MANY first nude experiences are prompted by alcohol consumption and happen in the water.

I'll see a couple or perhaps a small group (often cruisers) in the water after many drinks and someone, often a female, takes off her top.

Other women join in. Later a guy pulls off his suit and waves it over his head. Perhaps more drinks, but soon most are without suits, but holding them in-hand. Send someone to the cooler or to the bar for re-fills and pretty soon it doesn't matter, IN THE WATER. How everyone gets out can be quite entertaining. :)

I'm not sure that going to the far end of Orient will help, as the beach-walker-gawkers often make a point of making it all the way to the other end. But you might consider making sure you are out of camera range from the taxi drop-off area.

You can usually rent chairs at Club Orient, but February is still in-season, and they might be reserved or occupied by the time you get there. There would be a tag at the top of the lounger if they're 'occupied'.

I would strongly suggest that you apply sunscreen (liberally) before you leave the ship. Makes sure that you don't forget and you don't have to touch yourself in public.

If you're on Orient at 2:30 you'll hear the bell announcing Happy Hour at The Perch. Two-for-one drinks. You'll probably see regulars lining up a bit in advance of the bell. Take a towel with you if you intend to sit and drink at the bar.

gary

Thanks for asking all these questions. They're the same ones we have. And thanks to all those that provided the answers! Now we won't have the anxiety of not knowing where and what - just the anxiety of baring it all for the first time.:eek:

If you are a little shy and don't want people staring and gawking when you get back on the ship you may want to wear a different bathing suit/coverup to the beach than you wear on the ship. When we were at Orient Beach only one girl was topless with bright yellow bathing suit bottoms and no one was nude. Next day on the ship she wore the same bathing suit (this time with the top) and I saw several people pointing her out to others as the topless girl from Orient Beach. Not saying it was proper behavior or that the girl should have done anything differently, but people will be people and if that bothers you it is something to think about.

Does Club O have servers that will bring you drinks on the beach? May be a dumb question. I assume they do. And how does the chair rental work? Do you just find vacant chairs and someone will come around to collect the money?

Does Club O have servers that will bring you drinks on the beach? May be a dumb question. I assume they do. And how does the chair rental work? Do you just find vacant chairs and someone will come around to collect the money?

No, Club Orient doesn't have staff to serve drinks/food on the beach.

Pedro's, immediately adjacent, and in fact, between the taxi drop and Club Orient itself, does offer that service.

In either case, just find a chair that you like and settle in. The Beach Boy will find you and collect the fee at some point. At Orient, check that the chair doesn't have a tag on the top bar, indicating that it has bee reserved.

Club Orient is up to about $20 for two chairs and an umbrella. I believe that Pedro's is still $15 and it includes two drinks.

gary

No, Club Orient doesn't have staff to serve drinks/food on the beach.

Pedro's, immediately adjacent, and in fact, between the taxi drop and Club Orient itself, does offer that service.

In either case, just find a chair that you like and settle in. The Beach Boy will find you and collect the fee at some point. At Orient, check that the chair doesn't have a tag on the top bar, indicating that it has bee reserved.

Club Orient is up to about $20 for two chairs and an umbrella. I believe that Pedro's is still $15 and it includes two drinks.

gary

Could we bring a cooler with our own drinks to Club Orient? Would that be tacky? I appreciate the info. We're like the OP, never done the nudism thing before but want to try. But not sure if I'd be comfortable walking back and forth for drinks. Kinda just want to park it in a lounge chair and relax.

Pedro's on the clothing optional side and Club Orient are both cooler friendly.

Remember to take your towel when you go up to the Perch for 2-4-1 happy hour.

You should be feeling very comfortable in your own skin by then. :)

gary

Pedro's on the clothing optional side and Club Orient are both cooler friendly.

Remember to take your towel when you go up to the Perch for 2-4-1 happy hour.

You should be feeling very comfortable in your own skin by then. :)

gary

Awesome! Thanks for the info!

Could we bring a cooler with our own drinks to Club Orient?

We were at Orange Fever and you could get a bucket of 6 beers for $10.:eek:

So, think about it. Where would you get your cooler, where would you get your beers, and what would the beers cost you?

We will be there in November,,,we both plan on walking past the regular chair area and find the less populated spot further up the beach and then remove the bathing suits and swim,,them if not too hot we will lay on our towels to get some sun,,the application of sun screen is my problem,,spray on might be best option!;)

We have used our friends pool (nude) when no one is there. We are OK with others being nude,,we just dont want to hang out(ha ha) with a bunch of folks.

Full nudity is pretty much limited to the Club Orient section of the beach, .3 miles of the 1.3 mile beach.

Along the rest of Orient, as on most beaches on the French side, you will probably see female toplessness, but even for that I don't think that it is anywhere near even 1 in 10.

gary

We were at Orange Fever and you could get a bucket of 6 beers for $10.:eek:

So, think about it. Where would you get your cooler, where would you get your beers, and what would the beers cost you?

Here's what he said:

Could we bring a cooler with our own drinks to Club Orient? Would that be tacky? I appreciate the info. We're like the OP, never done the nudism thing before but want to try. But not sure if I'd be comfortable walking back and forth for drinks. Kinda just want to park it in a lounge chair and relax.

I've posted here recently with a comment of "why bother", but maybe here's a case of 'bother'.

They're talking about Club Orient, which doesn't offer chair bar service, and I believe beers are $3.

I cruise with a collapsible cooler for the cabin, but I could take it ashore, even have the room steward fill it with ice for me. Sang's Supermarket is a short walk from the Cruise Facility, but I'd probably pay a couple bucks extra for my taxi to stop (it's on the way) while I ran in to purchase a case of beer for about $16. (Actually beer isn't mentioned, just 'drinks').

$16 divided by 24 = $.67 each, about a dollar less per beer than your bucket.

I'm not saying that I would do it, or that you would do it, but kujobie should be aware of the options.

gary

Here's what he said:

I've posted here recently with a comment of "why bother", but maybe here's a case of 'bother'.

They're talking about Club Orient, which doesn't offer chair bar service, and I believe beers are $3.

I cruise with a collapsible cooler for the cabin, but I could take it ashore, even have the room steward fill it with ice for me. Sang's Supermarket is a short walk from the Cruise Facility, but I'd probably pay a couple bucks extra for my taxi to stop (it's on the way) while I ran in to purchase a case of beer for about $16. (Actually beer isn't mentioned, just 'drinks').

$16 divided by 24 = $.67 each, about a dollar less per beer than your bucket.

I'm not saying that I would do it, or that you would do it, but kujobie should be aware of the options.

gary

And Kujobie has done it. Last time we were there, a few years ago, I got a 12 pack of Heineken for about $5 from the same store you're talking about.. When we did it, we were on the way back to the ship, but now that I know we can bring it with us to the beach, I may do just that. We also bring a collapsible cooler when we cruise. Thanks again for the info. You're the best!

and your son probably has seen more nudes and better bodies on the internet. Most of the nudists at Club Orient are not Playboy or Playgirl centerfolds. More like ones for the AARP magazine.

Edited by m steve

and your son probably has seen more nudes and better bodies on the internet. Most of the nudists at Club Orient are not Playboy or Playgirl centerfolds. More like ones for the AARP magazine.

Thank god. I'll fit right in! :eek:

:cool: We have been to Orient Beach twice and going back in November. The first time we went down to the regular beach where there were a few topless sunbathers. We got chairs and laid in the sun. I got a bit brave and went into the water and took my top off -- that was my first experience!! Last time we went, we decided we would try the Club Orient side. Not many people were on the beach and my husband and I (who are in our 50's) went and got chairs and an umbrella. I laid down and took my top off and as he was pondering whether he should join me or not, there were 2 young couples who came up and sat RIGHT NEXT to us!! Go figure :cool:. Anyway, before the day was over we were both enjoying the nude sunbathing. We look forward to going back again this year. We will have our sunscreen with us and plan on spending the whole day there.

Enjoy!

Hi All,

Interesting topic.

I am over 50... and brought up to be pretty modest... so I wasn't the girl at 18 or 20 who was burning my bra... going topless... or flashing my boobies at music idols at any Rock Concerts (Yes folks it was the 1960s and I remember them).

:confused::(;)

So here I am 50+ and have decided in the last year or so... that I've missed out on some stuff.

Example...

I've only been skinny dipping once in my life... and it was in the dark with my Husband at a Family Cottage.

Counts because I did it... Doesn't count, because I've only done it once in 50+ Years (what does that work out to 1 Day in like close to 20,000 Days... an Hour in 480,000 Hours... ). When you get to my age, you start to think about these things... Waining Years, Days and Hours.

Anyways... I'm happy to read all about this topic and that others can talk openly about this subject without eyes-rolling, finger pointing etc.

:)

I've been thinking that now that I'm officially over the hill and don't care so much what others think... that on this BIG Vacation away for just Mr Sloop & I alone, just might be "one chance" in my lifetime that I get to do something truly out-there

Notice I didn't say "my one chance"... or "my only chance" ... because I'm hoping that life gives me lots of opportunities in the years to come to do many many out-there things that push my usual "safe" boundaries.

Others have a "Kick the Bucket List"... where they list all the things they want to do before they die... I have a "Kick A** List"... Forget about making a long list and checking it off over time... Do some spur-of-the-moment stuff... that you do just because you can.

After reading thru various posts here on the Ports of Call Forums about all these topless beaches...

I've already decided I'll be going topless on some beach... just haven't decided where.

Truthfully... going topless was an easy decision... because although I do have an AARP body... (loved that nickname)... I prefer to think of it more as a classic car... sure it's got mileage... and not nearly as new or stylish as it was in its younger day... but its been a lot of interesting places... and its owner, friends & family loves it dearly.

So although the body might not be in the greatest of shape... it does have a great set of headlights !!

(OK couldn't resist throwing in some booby humour) :rolleyes:

And not because they are "spectacular" in any way shape or form... BUT because they are HEALTHY !!

And for that I am thankful.

At this age, I've had a TOO MANY friends and loved ones get breast cancer... along with many others who have fallen to the BIG C in one form of another (many of them gone in the last year or two... all too soon... and far too young)

Figure I may as well flaunt these puppies now and celebrate !!

As for the folks who don't partake and stroll down beaches just to gawk... or comment (gosh how small minded can ya get). Maybe all the naturists should take to pointing at the Gawkers... I bet that these Prudes who care so much about judging others... probably wouldn't like the tables turned on them.

As for me...

Next time you all see someone over 50 (or 60, or 70, or 80) who has got the kahunas to strip off... despite their aging bodies... remember that they probably have an amazing youthful spirit... and it is all that any of us could wish for as we age.

I'll be living life to the fullest sans top in St Martin !!

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB