Can I buy a Wow Band ahead of time? Pick a color?

Hi, We are on the Harmony of the Seas in January. Can I buy a Wow band ahead of time, or do I have to pick one up when we board? (we are not in a suite, balcony room)

If we have to buy once on board, are there a range of colors to pick from?

Thanks.

Asking a clarifying question. When on a B2B, do you have to purchase a WOW band for each leg of the cruise, or can you use 1 band for both legs?

IME, they are happy to either reprogram your WOWband or exchange for a new one (no charge).

😊

When we were on Harmony in August we were told we couldn't pick a color as they were assigned by Muster station. So my kids had yellow ones. As we were in the adjoining suite, they were provided to us in the suite. They were white. So I am not sure if we were given misinformation because I didn't question it as I didn't intend on using mine and the color wasn't a huge issue to us.

On Harmony this past March we had a choice of blue, blue or blue. Apparently they were out of all the other colours for our muster station.

Someone mentioned in another thread that they simply asked GS to get one from another muster station (in the color they wanted) and then reprogram it.

Someone mentioned in another thread that they simply asked GS to get one from another muster station (in the color they wanted) and then reprogram it.

Will give that a try next year on SY if we run into the same problem. Didn't really care what colour we had but with 4 of us having the same colour we did get them mixed up a couple of times. It would have been nice to have at least one other colour.

If they are out of the color you want in your muster station, just remind them that because they are re-usable on future cruises the muster stations may not match going forward anyway. I had to get them to call over a supervisor, but was able to purchase the WOW band color from a different muster station (but promised to go to the correct muster station for drill, and in event of emergency). (they only had black for my muster station, and I wanted blue and my friend wanted white).

Hi, We are on the Harmony of the Seas in January. Can I buy a Wow band ahead of time, or do I have to pick one up when we board? (we are not in a suite, balcony room)

If we have to buy once on board, are there a range of colors to pick from?

Thanks.

what is a WOW band?

A few of the higher tech ships give patrons the option of using a WOW band (a plastic wrist band with a smart chip in it) to get into your cabin, buy drinks, and really do everything you can do with the sea pass card. You'll still need the sea pass card to get back on board at port because of the way they look at your card for ship name and date to let you past security - but otherwise you can use it for pretty much anything you'd use your regular sea pass card for. Many people don't use them or want them because they look a little cheesy, and you have to take them off so bar tenders or other sales people can scan them.

Kind of like a less convenient and less attractive version of the wrist bands you can use at Disney resorts.

WOW bands do have a RFID chip inside which can be reprogrammed. They do come in four colors: black, white, blue and yellow. They are 4.99 USD and available at guest services (unless you are in a suite, then they are included). They can be only purchased onboard.

I did reuse my WOW bands from Anthem/Quantum on Harmony. First they´ve told me it´s not possible to reprogram them. But as I did know better thanks to CC I insisted that they are. Asking another guy they had to admit they can be reprogrammed.

steamboats

Why would anyone in the same family mark a band especially if one person is paying the entire bill?

Maybe because they don´t want to walk into awkward situations when using the wowband, like buying something in the shops and when having to sign you realize you´ve just used your wifes WOWband, or trying to buy a drink from the bar and using your kids WOWband. :o While these may just be mildly embarrassing, how about one of your teens trying to buy a drink with your WOWband and you getting accused for handing it over to him and breaking the rules of conduct with this?:eek:

• 2 months later...