Miami Area UberX

hhalliv

Hello Cruise Critics,

I don’t use Uber often, but am considering doing it on my upcoming cruise out of Miami. I know Uber vehicles can very by area, and was wondering if anyone else has used Uber in the Miami area?

If so, in your experience and opinion, would a regular UberX be enough to carry two people and about three regular sized suit cases?

Thanks in advance for your time!

Hello Cruise Critics,

I don’t use Uber often, but am considering doing it on my upcoming cruise out of Miami. I know Uber vehicles can very by area, and was wondering if anyone else has used Uber in the Miami area?

If so, in your experience and opinion, would a regular UberX be enough to carry two people and about three regular sized suit cases?

Thanks in advance for your time!

We had a horrible experience in Ft Lauderdale with uber- they never came and we had to call twice. I would suggest for a couple of dollars more, and no hassle- take a taxi. They are lined up at the airport and if you like arrange a private car at your hotel to take you to the pier. Uber out of California and NY not the same.

Typical UberX or standard Lyft vehicle is a Toyota Prius or Camry or similar sized vehicle (I've had everything from a Honda Fit to a king cab pick-up), and should easily fit 2-3 passengers plus normal bags.

Unlike the above poster I've never had a bad experience with either Uber or Lyft - not saying it does not happen. I cannot say the same thing about cabs - especially the crooks in Philly :mad: Taxis I've just about given up on -- I get better service and cheaper rides with car sharing services.

Good luck! :)

I use Uber all the time here in Miami. I have had a few issues, but on the whole it's been great.

We've been happy using Uber in Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Orlando, NYC, Hawaii and a few other places. I don't find Uber to be any different here in Miami than any other place that I have used it.

We use Uber everywhere we go and have never had any issues. The only time there's been a slight issue was the Uber driver couldn't figure out how to get into our hotel in DC. We were in a weird intersection and all of the roads were 1 way except 1 little part of the triangle that came into our hotel. I can see how it would of been confusing for them. Personally I won't get in a taxi now as long as Uber is around.

I used Uber 3 times last year on a solo cruise out of Miami and all my experiences were wonderful!! Picking up at the Port of Miami was confusing to me but my Uber driver persevered and eventually found me. That he didn't just blow me off and give up (or pick someone else up!!) is further testimony to their service and reliability. We will be using them in FLL next month for a family cruise but will call for an XL van cause Momma likes to bring SHOES 😹😹😹

UberX is fantastic in South Florida. Definitely use it. And yes, you can easily fit 2 people and 3 suitcases. Put what you can in the trunk, then have someone sit in front and stack the other suitcase(s) on the unused rear seat. We have fit a LOT of stuff in an UberX with 2 people :)

We had a horrible experience in Ft Lauderdale with uber- they never came and we had to call twice. I would suggest for a couple of dollars more, and no hassle- take a taxi. They are lined up at the airport and if you like arrange a private car at your hotel to take you to the pier. Uber out of California and NY not the same.

FLL has had Uber issues. But if going from FLL to Miami you're not saving a few bucks. You're saving half the cost. An uberx will be around $35-$40 while a taxi can be over $80-$100

To the OP. Yes, Uberx should be fine. Though three regular size suitcases for two people is a lot. Are these three that all would be checked in on an airplane or could any of the fit as carry on?

I live in Miami and use Uber all the time. Have used it all over the U.S. and even Europe. Never have had a major problem. My only complaint would be the quality of cars has gone down a bit, and a lot of drivers here don't speak great English. But that is not a big problem as they don't need to say a word to you during the trip given the way it works.

In Miami always Uber/Lyft over using a taxi, always.

I live in Miami and use Uber all the time. Have used it all over the U.S. and even Europe. Never have had a major problem. My only complaint would be the quality of cars has gone down a bit, and a lot of drivers here don't speak great English. But that is not a big problem as they don't need to say a word to you during the trip given the way it works.

In Miami always Uber/Lyft over using a taxi, always.

We have noticed lately that sometimes the quality of cars isn't that great either! We've been in some really great cars lately and one that should probably not have been on the road.

We have noticed lately that sometimes the quality of cars isn't that great either! We've been in some really great cars lately and one that should probably not have been on the road.

They used to have higher standards. Now they let almost anything on the road. But its still beats 90% of the taxis.

I used UBER in Miami the last two times ( Feb 2018, April 2018). I had good experiences. Both drivers didn't speak much English, but they had no issues picking me up and taking me to my destination. The cars were all fairly new and clean. I would use UBER again in Miami without any hesitations.

In February I used just UBER ( three people, four bags). . In April, we used UBER XL( four people, seven bags).