Southern Carribean Cruises 10 day or 11 day?

CaJazzman

DH and I have never been on an NCL cruise before, so this will be our first. We booked the 11 day Sun due to what I have read on these board, but more specifically, there are three ports that we have wanted to go such as Aruba, Curacao,and Cartegana (sp?).

We found the price for this 11 day cruise amazing! I guess it just depends on where you want to go! To say the least, we are really looking forward to cruising NCL. We have done Carnival and RCL also.

We've cruised NCL before on the Sprite of America, over in Hawaii. That was amazing to say the least. So, going on another NCL wasn't hard to pick. We just want to do a 10 or 11 day cruise again. Just not sure which Carribbean cruise. Like,groo, stated the only difference in the southern is one port. But, maybe I should've asked, which Carribbean route is the best. 10 or 11 days, I think really isn't the question, but which route. Sorry, for not asking properly. Thanks in advance!

Edited by CaJazzman

I would always go for the extra day. Last year I sailed the 9-day and was hooked (I had always done 7 days previously).

I'm already booked for 2013 on a 12 day repo cruise on the Dawn.

It's all good no matter what you decide.

we couldnt decide so we are doing the B2B 10-11 day in Nov_Dec of this year...cant wait to see the SUN again!

the 10 and 11 day both offer St. Thomas and St. Maarten but all the other port stops are not the same.

oooooooha , you just had to didn't you !!;)

I remember being in your shoes trying to decide between 10 or 11 days. I was ok with a sailing of 10 days. Until I realized it was only $20 more a person I figured we couldn't feed or entertain ourselves for that price. Take a look at that before deciding.

I'm leaving this month on my first NCL cruise for 11 days.:)

I remember being in your shoes trying to decide between 10 or 11 days. I was ok with a sailing of 10 days. Until I realized it was only $20 more a person I figured we couldn't feed or entertain ourselves for that price. Take a look at that before deciding.

I'm leaving this month on my first NCL cruise for 11 days.:)

When you get to the port on the 25th, I'll be the one they're dragging off kicking and screaming...:)

• 2 years later...
DH and I have never been on an NCL cruise before, so this will be our first. We booked the 11 day Sun due to what I have read on these board, but more specifically, there are three ports that we have wanted to go such as Aruba, Curacao,and Cartegana (sp?).

We found the price for this 11 day cruise amazing! I guess it just depends on where you want to go! To say the least, we are really looking forward to cruising NCL. We have done Carnival and RCL also.

Exactly!

We did Sun 11 nighter in March. The cost for the extra night was $49 each for us. No brainer. Extra night more important that which ports. To us at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We've cruised NCL before on the Sprite of America, over in Hawaii. That was amazing to say the least. So, going on another NCL wasn't hard to pick. We just want to do a 10 or 11 day cruise again. Just not sure which Carribbean cruise. Like,groo, stated the only difference in the southern is one port. But, maybe I should've asked, which Carribbean route is the best. 10 or 11 days, I think really isn't the question, but which route. Sorry, for not asking properly. Thanks in advance!

The Sprite of America??

Next year the ports on the 10 and 11 day cruises are different, so if you like certain ports that may help. We chose the 11 day cruise because I really liked the itinerary of the 11 day and how it does two ports then a sea day then three more ports. I like having a sea day break up all the port days just to have a break, because the port days are go-go-go. It's hard to find itineraries like that.

Whichever one you choose I'm sure you'll have a great time! ;)