Here comes Nate!

married man

I just wish carnival could tell us anything. We are flying out tommorow for the 8th and watching closely. No insurance so can't cancel. So we are going ahead with original plans and hoping for the best

We fly out tomorrow as well. And like you said are hoping for the best. If not I guess we will have a story to tell later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The captain on the Dream just announced the Port of New Orleans will be closing at noon tomorrow. The ship won't be back on Sunday.

2 different people from our roll call just called the New Orleans Port Authority and were told that is not true. So I'm not sure what's going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

LOL, I am being entertained by this post.

First of all, NONE of the Carnival ships go under the bridge in New Orleans..............why that isnt the way to the gulf? They all turn around.

The River is still open. The storm is supposed to hit on Sat night and be very quick. You should be able to cruise on Sunday AM.

Chill

LOL, I am being entertained by this post.

First of all, NONE of the Carnival ships go under the bridge in New Orleans..............why that isnt the way to the gulf? They all turn around.

The River is still open. The storm is supposed to hit on Sat night and be very quick. You should be able to cruise on Sunday AM.

Chill

Is it true that the river is closing at noon today though? Have you heard that?

As jokingly as this is, the huricane is my name, Nate. I want to know about this because I fly out tomorrow Saturday, for the cruise out of New Orleans on Sunday. I’m wondering what to do.

I'll be an Atlantic storm in 2018. My name is replacing Sandy. Yay me.:rolleyes:

As jokingly as this is, the huricane is my name, Nate. I want to know about this because I fly out tomorrow Saturday, for the cruise out of New Orleans on Sunday. I’m wondering what to do.

We are supposed to sail on the Dream this Sunday as well. I think until we hear something definitive from Carnival plan to leave on Sunday. Although I believe a Monday departure is most likely. And we are traveling today with a plan b, c, and d.

I am feeling a sense of deja vu. Our cruise on the Norwegian Escape was 2 weeks after Irma and our cruise got re-routed to the Western Caribbean. We are booked on the Carnival Fantasy in 2 weeks out of Mobile to the Western Caribbean and now Nate is predicted to go right over the islands we are supposed to go....again. What are the odds???

Chill

As of now, the projected landfall is Sunday at 2am as a cat 1, passing NOLA around 6am. If that holds true, I would plan on a delayed transit up the river resulting in a delayed embarkation.

I am feeling a sense of deja vu. Our cruise on the Norwegian Escape was 2 weeks after Irma and our cruise got re-routed to the Western Caribbean. We are booked on the Carnival Fantasy in 2 weeks out of Mobile to the Western Caribbean and now Nate is predicted to go right over the islands we are supposed to go....again. What are the odds???

You should be fine. It's grazing Nicaragua and the Yucatan. There's dangerous flooding in Central America but the Yucatan will be fine as will the islands. It will be long gone and on the Gulf Coast early Sunday morning. Once it turns north Nate will be blasting forward like a freight train. At any rate, Nate is not Irma.

I don’t understand why Carnival hasn’t let people know they won’t be boarding Sunday.., when the current cruisers have been notified they will NOT be disembarking then.

Not right !!!!!

They haven't been informed that they definitely won't be. It's just very likely they won't be.

I don’t understand why Carnival hasn’t let people know they won’t be boarding Sunday.., when the current cruisers have been notified they will NOT be disembarking then.

Not right !!!!!

The forecast is still changing. I am sure there will be some sort of an announcement tomorrow.