Yuck

deborahjo

As I set here in my house blizzard bound makes me wish it were February. With the smell of sugar cookies filling my house makes it a little more bareable. Winter has really hit hard here in South Dakota and it sucks. I just keep telling myself 69 more days to my sunny cruise.

I feel your pain...... we've got a blizzard raging just outside the door here too in western Wisconsin. I've got 39 days to go till some warmth. Thinking about baking some cookies myself- either snickerdoodles and/or russian tea cakes. MMMM

I can truly relate to your feelings!

I live east of you, north of EauClaire, Wisconsin. We only have a foot of the white stuff so far, but the wind is blowing, and the temperature is dropping!

I have to wait until April to see palm trees!

We, too, are sitting home awaiting the blizzard that is coming our way. You guys in Wisconsin beat us to it....we live in northern Illinois not too far from the Wisconsin border.....looks like its headed this way. Only 58 days til the Miracle for us and out of this horrible cold and snow.

HI there from sunny San Diego!(don't hate me!!):eek:

Today we walked in Balboa Park and admired the roses that are blooming. Tomorrow is supposed to get up to near 80deg.

BTW this is NOT normal weather for us!!

This is our winter/rainy season but since this July we had NO summer( it was cloudy and rainy instead) the crazy world weather has turned winter into summer!:D

We live in Olathe, Kansas and it started out this morning a whooping 44 degrees. Now, it is very windy with snow and the current temp is 17 degrees but feels like -3 degrees. Tonight it is suppose to get down to 9 degrees, tomorrows high is 22 degrees with a low of 6 degrees.:eek:

Now, the bad part is we just got back from the western caribbean on Sunday the 5th. We both wish we were still back in the nice warm tropical caribbean.:(

We are hoping to book another cruise is the next month or so for August 2011. We will take some of those sugar cookies too please.:)

It is to get to mid 40's by Monday in Central Florida. I left Michigan 10 years ago for this???:D:D

No doubt! I live in central florida. What's up with this cold?! I can't complain .... I leave for Puerto Rico and on Victory tomorrow!!

It's about 10 below zero here in Fairbanks today. No worries, though, 'cause it could easily be 40 below right now. I am missing the sun, though... The shortest day is coming up on December 20th and we'll start gaining daylight again after that. Can't wait for our cruise from New Orleans in February!

Cheers!

Taters

I'm from the snow belt region of Ohio.

Today we hit the mid 4o's.

We had about 20 inches of snow this week and now it looks so dirty after the warm spell.

Tonight rain.

Tomorrow it is calling for the lake effect snow machine to kick in.

Now depending where you live and what news station you listen too, we could end up with upto 30 inches of snow by Wednesday.

Our schools only permit 3 snow days, and we used 2 this past week.

Looks like our kids will be going to school well into June.

We too are suppossed to get the windy blizzard conditions on Monday.

Looks like we will be home bound for a couple days.

I am glad I am on vacation this week.

Safe travels to all who cruise or venture out.

Sue

As I set here in my house blizzard bound makes me wish it were February. With the smell of sugar cookies filling my house makes it a little more bareable. Winter has really hit hard here in South Dakota and it sucks. I just keep telling myself 69 more days to my sunny cruise.

I'm in SE Iowa and we haven't had near the snow that you've had up north. Waiting for the blizzard to hit tonight. We sail in 70 days out of San Juan. What ship will you be on and where is it going?

HI there from sunny San Diego!(don't hate me!!):eek:

Today we walked in Balboa Park and admired the roses that are blooming. Tomorrow is supposed to get up to near 80deg.

BTW this is NOT normal weather for us!!

This is our winter/rainy season but since this July we had NO summer( it was cloudy and rainy instead) the crazy world weather has turned winter into summer!:D

Dear Weather Gods,

Please keep SD warm for those of us cruising out of you next week and for when we get back to SD to explore the city! We want warm!

Love,

Chicago

Me too! We had somewhere between 17-18 inches of snow today. It's so windy can't really tell how much since the drifts are much higher than that. Airport shut down, DOT says stay off the roads. Now lows are going to be about 15 below zero (and that is before the windchill). 77 days till my B2B on the Splendor and I can get away from this mess! :D

I am convinced that everyone who lives down south does not appreciate a cruise quite as much as a northerner sailing in Feb. :p

People, people , forty to sixty degrees is NOT cold!!! I would only wish for those temps - ha ha ha. Expecting snow/freezing rain tomorrow and colder temps this week. And hoping Florida and the Caribbean will be nice and warm for me in February so I can thaw out! :D:D

Archived