Amex offer is up for 2018

moosecrouse

The Amex offer for NCL is back!!! Popped up in my offers today. As a reminder it's spend $500 on NCL and get a $100 statement credit. If you don't see it in your offers there have been reports of calling Amex and requesting it to be added. Not a guarantee but many have been successful.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forums mobile app

paid in full for my oct cruise already.

time to call up ncl, ask for refund, and re-pay via amex!

thx!

Saw this post and since I am an AMEX cardholder decided to join the crowd. Loaded the offer and purchased $500 OBC since I am paid in full for our upcoming cruise. Received Thank You email from AMEX for using the offer immediately after the purchasing the OBC. My only concern is this language in the Thank You: Look out for a $100.00 statement credit, which will automatically be applied to your statement if your purchase meets the offer terms.

Do I need to make sure I use the OBC on at least $500 of non-excluded items? Guess I'll have to just wait and see if OBC really does qualify on this year's offer which clearly tries to exclude many non-essential cruise expenses.

Saw this post and since I am an AMEX cardholder decided to join the crowd. Loaded the offer and purchased $500 OBC since I am paid in full for our upcoming cruise. Received Thank You email from AMEX for using the offer immediately after the purchasing the OBC. My only concern is this language in the Thank You: Look out for a $100.00 statement credit, which will automatically be applied to your statement if your purchase meets the offer terms.

Do I need to make sure I use the OBC on at least $500 of non-excluded items? Guess I'll have to just wait and see if OBC really does qualify on this year's offer which clearly tries to exclude many non-essential cruise expenses.

You should be fine. We use AMEX offers a lot and the "Thank You" email is always worked like that. Give it a couple of days and you'll probably see the actual credit on your statement. We've done the OBC twice and it's worked both times - we got the credit long before the cruise.

You should be fine. We use AMEX offers a lot and the "Thank You" email is always worked like that. Give it a couple of days and you'll probably see the actual credit on your statement. We've done the OBC twice and it's worked both times - we got the credit long before the cruise.

Hope you're right, Jenf22. Appreciate the info. I have had this card for many years but never used any of the offers you need to sign up for. I could have used this on last year's cruise.

People often complain about NCL nickel and diming. Looks like many of us also play the game. Guess it's a two-way street.

10000 points is worth more than $100.

Sent from my XT1585 using Forums mobile app

My gold card also had the 10,000 points. Unfortunately in most cases that is worth less than the statement credit. Some gift cards =$100 but most, including AmEx gift cards, are only $50. Using on Amazon is $70.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My gold card also had the 10,000 points. Unfortunately in most cases that is worth less than the statement credit. Some gift cards =$100 but most, including AmEx gift cards, are only $50. Using on Amazon is $70.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Most secondary markets (yes they exist) value 10000 points more than $100. Usually the best value is airline miles. They also run specials quite often for transferring/using points. Worst case you can spend points on AMEX booking airfare at at least 1 cent per point which is worth $100 (whatever airfare balance is left is just charged to your card). I just bought a ticket using points and they had a special which brought it up to about 1.2 cents per point and it is booked as a revenue ticket so you earn miles/upgrades/fare bucket benefits as if you paid all cash for the ticket.

I think the only problem you would run into is if you didn't use all the OBC and had some refunded back to CC if thats how they issue OBC refunds. A refund would technically mean you didn't meet the $500 spend.

Unfortunately, it's not on my either of my cards :(. I did an on-line chat and they said they can't add it but call NCL and ask them. I don't see that working. Anyone ever tried that? It's weird because I had the offer last year and used it.

Most secondary markets (yes they exist) value 10000 points more than $100. Usually the best value is airline miles. They also run specials quite often for transferring/using points. Worst case you can spend points on AMEX booking airfare at at least 1 cent per point which is worth $100 (whatever airfare balance is left is just charged to your card). I just bought a ticket using points and they had a special which brought it up to about 1.2 cents per point and it is booked as a revenue ticket so you earn miles/upgrades/fare bucket benefits as if you paid all cash for the ticket.

Yup, this is good advice.

Most of the blogs that give values for Amex and Chase points assume that transferring for miles is an option. That’s the best way to use MR points in terms of getting more than one cent per mile. But that doesn’t really help the person who doesn’t really accumulate MR points through credit card spend. Someone that earns 10,000 or 20,000 points by charging $1,000 on Amex for NCL, but doesn’t otherwise collect MR points, will have a hard time getting the kind of outsized value that blogs talk about. If you have a big store of MR points and so can jump on business class tickets to Australia when they pop up on Aeroplan, or whatever, then, yes the flexibility can have tremendous value.

But 10k just sitting in an account doesn’t really get you much in terms of miles, other than perhaps for British Airways (which is complicated), unless you need that exact amount to top up for an award. Anyway, for non collectors of Amex points who take advantage of the NCL offer, I agree with the advice to not overthink it and just redeem for a penny a point for airfare,. Hotels and gift cards are bad value.

I see the offer on my Amex blue card but it looks like NCL isn’t included.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There's a different offer for "World's Greatest Cruise Lines" or something like that which is Carnival and a couple other lines. I had that one plus the NCL offer.

Following. Haven't seen this offer yet. On the Carnival/HA/Princess one with world lrwdjnf cruise lines there was a link that worked to get offer added to your amx account if it was not automatically there. Anyone discover this yet?

Following. Haven't seen this offer yet. On the Carnival/HA/Princess one with world lrwdjnf cruise lines there was a link that worked to get offer added to your amx account if it was not automatically there. Anyone discover this yet?

Think what your looking at is the ADD TO CARD button. You have to click that to activate the offer. The offer is already on the card but if you don't click on that you won't get the credit after you spend the money.

I am really curious as to what types of AMEX cards everyone has to get this offer. We have Hilton, SPG personal and business, Bluebird and a few others but did not receive this offer. Do you all have Centurion or something?

Worked for us. I put a $500 payment on a future cruise and received a $100 credit. My girlfriend will make another $500 payment with her AMEX card next week hopefully saving another $100.

We already used 2 cruise rewards ($500)to book the cruise. Final payment is in Sept. so maybe we can save more.

Think what your looking at is the ADD TO CARD button. You have to click that to activate the offer. The offer is already on the card but if you don't click on that you won't get the credit after you spend the money.

No, I know that. With the world leading cruise line offer with Carnival brands, if you go to americanexpress.com/wlcl it takes you to the AMX regular sign on screen. You log in, and then that offer appears and then you can add it to your card. It was a work around for those who didn't have it automatically added to their card. It's on the Carnival threads. Wondering if this one had the same as I don't have the offer showing as available.