Brewed Coffee

carajoemom

I do not drink specialty coffee’s, but do drink brewed coffee. How much is it to just purchase a brewed cup of coffee? From reading the boards, just found out that the coffee in the buffet is not really brewed, just re-heated. Not that I knew the difference on my Alaskan cruise last year, but now that I know, I don’t want it. Would they fill a coffee mug about 20 ounces or just their mugs?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I do not drink specialty coffee’s, but do drink brewed coffee. How much is it to just purchase a brewed cup of coffee? From reading the boards, just found out that the coffee in the buffet is not really brewed, just re-heated. Not that I knew the difference on my Alaskan cruise last year, but now that I know, I don’t want it. Would they fill a coffee mug about 20 ounces or just their mugs?

Menu in the International cafe on the Caribbean Princess last year.

$1.25 for regular size & $1.75 for large size + 15% gratituity.

I would expect if you are buying the coffee, they would fill up their cup, depending on the size, and pour it in yours.

We get the coffee cards, and since that is unlimited brewed, then we do take our travel mugs & they fill them up.

That's my job every morning, is take the mugs to get coffee and an extra daily patter to keep.

32309361274_3569d85661_c.jpgP1060880 by Cool Runnings, on Flickr

Standard coffee on Princess, and many other lines, is made from concentrated syrup, not unlike the stuff in Keurig cups. It is not reheated unless you consider the Keurig stuff to be so.

Still, I prefer the brewed coffee in the IC.

Not that I knew the difference on my Alaskan cruise last year, but now that I know, I don’t want it.
If it was good enough then to you, it should still be good enough on your next cruise. Coffee complaints have been going on for a long time on these boards. I remember because on our 2003 cruise on the Grand Princess, one of our tablemates remarked how good the coffee in the dining room was. It surprised me after reading all the complaints about the coffee before our cruise.

I have heard that on the newest class of Princess Ships such as the Regal, that they serve brewed coffee, not syrup based in the MDR and the buffet.
The are coffee brewers available for passenger use in the Horizon Court on those ships. Don’t know the source of dining room or room service coffee.

I have heard that on the newest class of Princess Ships such as the Regal, that they serve brewed coffee, not syrup based in the MDR and the buffet.

The are coffee brewers available for passenger use in the Horizon Court on those ships. Don’t know the source of dining room or room service coffee.

Brian...I bookmarked your previously posted photo of the Royal-class buffet’s coffee machines that use ground coffee & not coffee concentrate. My tastebuds preferred that made from ground coffee over from concentrate resulting in fewer trips for me to get the IC’s brewed coffee.

If you only plan to use the coffee card for fresh brewed coffee, you might want to check out the coffee in the Horizon Court. The machines there brew coffee from ground coffee.

ilm4kxk1OYD6EfaS53SwPmZhgc9Z3dTKmwqK6xPbdzcQd-7IOnV3NMeMjPQpFhnqzrjzgEnUqMSU79tMuija0ZmI4xJl1voAs6KMfZN7FrUj-XKDl8tFr0Giw2Zchf-loCbgZW-4GwZslFh9MojCvGhMvFs_J1oJ49_-oksplvPs6XEXM3A5LXmsmlJbwbzpl37oFzRGPZm_TJ7HudrPvVpmVVRF95ZUSarm22KbfSfr0e4asco0tDekH6ymj7mdOivbuYB0vYsFq9Zql0KokBwSMleo2Ec6-uHoptRg33LQQ26nqsn1oDaHFQgyvYFeIzVncNDXjEBM4T5AbsQ-gLM97QcwVWCiGa6fYHTcevnIoSSDeo1oxKwK3APHWcwQ8QR-IqIND_27-a24o-PsGgT7S8UT8VMUicZkccjZqKZb_m39ld13Zpq6sprX2nJPW7Ih_kY9W-1l5j_CG-Jm4CIfnh7eekApPVghS3hFrUvzBwg72hd2ZofI64CM7JfRd8KqZhfCW_ARelt-qs-sVjaOzvGSKnpyZwu-XnkmvKQuzRvE9sYd75OhscrtYS63yfs-T9luzDhF58-pQwlmUUY7vrOsHfGznvqGRMCTFDjJpmk_=w672-h895-no

Thank you for asking this question.

We drink black coffee but like a nice strong coffee. We are used to having a kettle in the cabin to get out fix so hope they have a ground coffee machine on the Sapphire Princess. If not we'll just buy an espresso.

Thank you for asking this question.

We drink black coffee but like a nice strong coffee. We are used to having a kettle in the cabin to get out fix so hope they have a ground coffee machine on the Sapphire Princess. If not we'll just buy an espresso.

Only the Royal-class ships (Royal, Regal, Majestic, Sky) have the free filtered coffee made from ground coffee in the buffet & dining rooms so it’s not available on the Sapphire.

Some passengers bring Starbucks VIA to add to their coffee from concentrate if they want a stronger cup of coffee.

Standard coffee on Princess, and many other lines, is made from concentrated syrup, not unlike the stuff in Keurig cups. It is not reheated unless you consider the Keurig stuff to be so.

Still, I prefer the brewed coffee in the IC.

Not that this has to do with Princess, but the Keurig cups have ground coffee in them, not syrup. It's ground a little finer than what you regularly buy, but it is ground coffee.

With that said, however, we always buy coffee cards. Good coffee can make or break our morning!

DH has been known to bring along Starbucks Via packets, as well. Covering all his bases, I guess.

Standard coffee on Princess, and many other lines, is made from concentrated syrup, not unlike the stuff in Keurig cups.

Keurig K-Cups contain ground coffee.

So, I would say syrup is pretty unlike it.

This page contains a description:

http://blog.crosscountrycafe.com/blog/bid/374738/Just-How-Do-Those-K-cup-Thingys-Work

It is also possible to fill a reusable K-Cup with your own ground coffee.

Keurig K-Cups contain ground coffee.

It is also possible to fill a reusable K-Cup with your own ground coffee.

That's what I do. For one because I like my own type of coffee (Puroast, for anyone who has issues with acid in coffee), and for two, I'm way to frugal to spend the money on k-cups.:D

As stated and shown the Royal class ships do have free coffee from fine grounds available all day and evening in the buffet area. I was told that the grounds are a blend of arabica and robusta beans. I was also told that the brewed coffee at the espresso bar is prepared from arabica grounds only.