Princess e-mail schedule is ...strange, to say the least

moki'smommy

We have a cruise in April. I have never received anything from Princess about this cruise. nothing.

We also have a cruise booked in the fall. Tonight I got e-mails about this cruise.

Guess I'll learn about the entertainment, etc. for April when we board the ship.

Princess is consistently inconsistent with e-mails. We rarely get the "informative" e-mails any longer but simply the ones pushing their tours. I had been looking at a specific tour recently for one of our upcoming cruises and, sure enough, next day after not having booked the tour (excursion), I received a very targeted e-mail for that tour.:) On the other hand, no e-mails regarding shows, etc.

Maybe it is because I do a lot of homework in planning our cruises and spend a lot of time on cruise critic, but I have never received a useful email about my upcoming cruises(have a couple in the works) or ones I have completed from Princess. So I really could care less if I get an email or not, unless it is a specific itinerary change or information specific to me and my sailing.

Pooh

Are the people on the roll call for this cruise getting the emails? I know some on our cruise last month said they weren't getting them. I'm thinking some may have gone into junk mail or been blocked.

We have a cruise in April. I have never received anything from Princess about this cruise. nothing.

We also have a cruise booked in the fall. Tonight I got e-mails about this cruise.

Guess I'll learn about the entertainment' date=' etc. for April when we board the ship.[/quote']

This seems to be pretty common - we got only a few generic emails for our cruise last week on the Ruby - nothing about the CD or entertainment, yet we’ve received a few for our November cruise with more specific entertainment. I for one do like to know what I can expect, so I wish Princess would get this figured out. [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yesterday, I received my first email about my mid-May cruise, titled "New information on Princess Shore Excursions for Booking#[our booking number]". It had no new information — just promo copy to book shore excursions. Then, this morning, I received another, titled "Booking#[our booking number]: Your can't-miss Alaska excursions, [my first name]" that again, was just promo for booking shore excursions.

Too funny, because I've already booked all my excursions (some through Princess, some through Viator). I guess more people wait until after the 60-day mark than I would imagine...

This seems to be pretty common - we got only a few generic emails for our cruise last week on the Ruby - nothing about the CD or entertainment, yet we’ve received a few for our November cruise with more specific entertainment. I for one do like to know what I can expect, so I wish Princess would get this figured out. [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you have a specific question or two that you don't get a Princess email about, just ask here!! People just off the cruise before you usually will be glad to answer your questions! Sometimes knowledgeable CC people know better than the average Princess rep.! Grin

Pooh

We sail on April 10' date=' I received first email yesterday. DW received one last week.[/quote']

Looks like we are on the same sailing. We used AAA as TA this time, as opposed to doing it ourselves. Perhaps this is the reason? We have not rec'd an email either.

Guess I'll learn about the entertainment' date=' etc. for April when we board the ship.[/quote']

They used to have an entertainment/CD e-mail two weeks before the cruise. It was informative and listed who the CD was, some of the production shows and other entertainers and some of the MUTS movies.

Now that e-mail is basically a waste of electrons. It says you will have a (unnamed) CD, there will be (unnamed) production shows and entertainers and there will be (unnamed) movies.

Here is a sample text:

With your departure quickly approaching, we hope you're getting excited for your upcoming cruise aboard the CARIBBEAN PRINCESS !

Throughout your vacation, you'll enjoy an exciting array of entertainment options including thrilling, original production shows and spectacular guest entertainers. Plus, find out more about yourself and the world around you through onboard enrichment classes, fun onboard activities and enriching port lectures. There's something for every style and mood!

We look forward to welcoming you onboard soon!

000000.jpg

Sincerely,

Your Cruise Director

Visit Princess.com for entertainment options on your cruise:

ORIGINAL PRODUCTION SHOWS

ONBOARD MEDIA

GUEST ENTERTAINERS

• Move to the rhythm of the beat, or for some belly laughs catch a stand-up comedy act!

ACTIVITIES

They used to have an entertainment/CD e-mail two weeks before the cruise. It was informative and listed who the CD was, some of the production shows and other entertainers and some of the MUTS movies.

Now that e-mail is basically a waste of electrons. It says you will have a (unnamed) CD, there will be (unnamed) production shows and entertainers and there will be (unnamed) movies.

I got one that is a little more specific

ORIGINAL PRODUCTION SHOWS

ONBOARD MEDIA

• The Post (2017). Starring Meryl Streep, Tom Hanks. Directed by Steven Spielberg. Rated PG-13, 1h 56min.
  • The Greatest Showman (2017). Starring Hugh Jackman, Michelle Williams, Zac Efron. Directed by Michael Gracey. Rated PG, 1h 45min.

GUEST ENTERTAINERS

• Robbie Printz. PRINCESS CRUISES ENTERTAINER OF THE YEAR! Laughter is the best medicine, so go see Robbie Printz and laugh about life. Or laugh at him about his life. Either way, you'll feel better!
  • Nathan Foley. Princess Cruises Entertainer of the Year 2015, Logie, Aria & Mo Award Winning Singer, Dancer & Musician - Nathan Foley

ACTIVITIES

• Elua. Hawaiian Ambassadors
  • Gloria Auchey. Enrichment Presenter - Wellbeing

KING KAMEHAMEHA FESTIVAL

• Throw on your Hawaiian shirt and get into the "Aloha Spirit" with the King Kamehameha Festival. Immerse yourself in the culture, strum a ukulele, tie a sarong and gain valuable insights into the islands' culture from onboard cultural ambassadors.