Cuban Cruise Review - May 1st, 2017 - The very FIRST Norwegian sailing!!!

CTCruiser001

Did you enjoy the show itself? Would you choose it again or something else next time? We can't decide on that or going to some of the bars/restaurants.

I have read that this show is NOT in English. So you won't understand ANY of the songs .... for 2 hours ??? I am booked through NCL for this show but will most likely cancel. It is SO overpriced. I can't stay to enjoy dancing?? I can't understand the lyrics?

Thank you for sharing your experience CTCruiser. Was there smoking allowed at cabaret parisien show? I would love to go but smoking would be an issue for me.

No smoking allowed. This was one reason we choose this show over the Tropicana where they encourage cigar smoking.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I have read that this show is NOT in English. So you won't understand ANY of the songs .... for 2 hours ??? I am booked through NCL for this show but will most likely cancel. It is SO overpriced. I can't stay to enjoy dancing?? I can't understand the lyrics?

Yes the show is in Spanish, which if you don't know, you might not enjoy. Think of it as you are there for the show. They had many acts which included a few acrobatic shows and duet singing. The two hours passed quickly.

I notice on the vintage car tours that they only allow 2 people per car is that correct. . Yikes:( there are 3 of use going on the cruise.

If you can't tell from the photos, my wife and I are larger than normal sized people! We saw many cars with three people in the back. The tour we took didn't have a limit...it was 130 CUC$ for the car and guide, regardless how many fit in the back of the car.

What a great experience! And so much better it appears by doing your homework and venturing out on your own.

I have to say the adult beverage prices are fantastic! I keep looking at your photos with prices and I'm amazed.

Thanks so much for your review!

Thanks for the great info. DH and I are on the May 22 sailing. Also curious as to what you did on day 2. Where in CT? I lived in Madison and still have family nearby.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Day two coming soon! It is crazy how fast real life hits when you get home...

We live in Wallingford.

If you are going to expect this kind of cultural accommodation, going to Cuba right now is probably not an appropriate choice for you. I, for one, am looking forward to visiting *before* the island is Americanized. I think it's a rather narrow world view to visit other countries and be upset that they aren't speaking OUR language.

We are on the cruise leaving tomorrow, Monday, May 8. Though we are sitting on the runway at LAX. Do you have any info on other night life. We are interested in bars/clubs?

What time was all aboard on day 2?

If you are going to expect this kind of cultural accommodation, going to Cuba right now is probably not an appropriate choice for you. I, for one, am looking forward to visiting *before* the island is Americanized. I think it's a rather narrow world view to visit other countries and be upset that they aren't speaking OUR language.

I was thinking this same thing. I wouldn't book it through the cruise line, but I would definitely go to the show!

Sent from my SM-G930U using Forums mobile app

Day two coming soon! It is crazy how fast real life hits when you get home...

We live in Wallingford.

Great review guys! We live in Northford. We got off the BA on the 30th and still having cruise withdrawal symptoms!! Great review neighbor. I think we may try this if we can get good airfare.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great review guys! We live in Northford. We got off the BA on the 30th and still having cruise withdrawal symptoms!! Great review neighbor. I think we may try this if we can get good airfare.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Look for airfare from JFK to FLL. Much cheaper than flying out of Hartford or flying into Miami...

We are on the cruise leaving tomorrow, Monday, May 8. Though we are sitting on the runway at LAX. Do you have any info on other night life. We are interested in bars/clubs?

What time was all aboard on day 2?

JSR

I found a restaurant / bar with a band on trip adviser t hat is a few blocks away from the pier in Plaza Vieja called Azucar . If you go let me know on the June 19th rollcall.

First of all, I am enjoying following this CTCruiser001 (and DW) thread. I do have a question about the evening show. The NCL Sky shore excursion evening show offered for my June 5th cruise to Havana is: Buena Vista Social Club at the Habana Cafe in the Meliá Cohiba Hotel. Hmmmmm.....

Kelsey Place - my grandmother lived there for about 20 years! Met a gal on a river cruise in Europe who not only lived in Madison but on the same street!! Small world...

Too funny. I grew up in Guilford. Childhood friend's grandparents had a summer cottage on Lee Way. Guilford has the Green! Madison has the beaches!

If you can't tell from the photos, my wife and I are larger than normal sized people! We saw many cars with three people in the back. The tour we took didn't have a limit...it was 130 CUC$ for the car and guide, regardless how many fit in the back of the car.

So sorry I sure you mention the tour company you took for Vintage Cars Tour but would mind to tell me again. Sorry I have went through the post again but probably missed it. Also did you tip them Cuba money or did you take item from the US to give them. Thanks so much

So sorry I sure you mention the tour company you took for Vintage Cars Tour but would mind to tell me again. Sorry I have went through the post again but probably missed it. Also did you tip them Cuba money or did you take item from the US to give them. Thanks so much

Google 'Havana Tours by Blexie'.

Blexie was already booked and put us with a friend of his named Roly. My communication via email with Blexie was fantastic and the guide we had for the day, Roly, was wonderful! He spoke very good English and worked hard to give you what you wanted. Do a little research and let them know what you want to see. We paid in CUC$, 130 CUC$. We tipped an additional 50 CUC$ because Roly and the driver, Hector were both wonderful!

First of all, I am enjoying following this CTCruiser001 (and DW) thread. I do have a question about the evening show. The NCL Sky shore excursion evening show offered for my June 5th cruise to Havana is: Buena Vista Social Club at the Habana Cafe in the Meliá Cohiba Hotel. Hmmmmm.....

This is a different excursion than what we did, at a different hotel. Norwegian has several evening show options if you want to stick with the cruiselines excursions. If you do a little homework, you might discover it worth doing any of these excursions on your own. Have fun!

Google 'Havana Tours by Blexie'.

Blexie was already booked and put us with a friend of his named Roly. My communication via email with Blexie was fantastic and the guide we had for the day, Roly, was wonderful! He spoke very good English and worked hard to give you what you wanted. Do a little research and let them know what you want to see. We paid in CUC$, 130 CUC$. We tipped an additional 50 CUC$ because Roly and the driver, Hector were both wonderful!

Thank you so much :D

Well dang your to kill me but On the vintage car tour did he meet you at the cruise port. If not where and how did you get there. Thanks again so much for you time and trouble.

No trouble at all.

We met him in the plaza across the street from the terminal. He was holding a sign with our surname. There were several other guides doing the same.

Did you get to meet the Captain of The Sky? If so, what was your opinion. In case you did not know it, Captain Jurac is in his very First contract as Captain.

We didn't see or hear much from him. I will still stay steadfast that Captain Holt was the best captain Norwegian had. A shame he did not remain when FDR took over.