Dinner reservation time

jabbawocky

Cruising for the first time on Silver Muse in June and have made a few dinner reservations for 8 for the early sitting. 7-8 is showing with a note the reservation is held for 15 minutes and 2 1/2 hours is shaded for the reservation. Does that mean we can arrive any time between 7 and 8.15 or do we need to arrive by 7.15 at the latest? Thankyou for any advice.

It means to arrive between 7 and 7.15pm.

PS I'm. on the Muse Jun 5 - 24, not much activity on roll calls or M&M - have you signed up for the M&M? You can do it by going to the Silversea Roll Call page, and under Silver Muse, click on 'Register to sign up for a Meet and Mingle'.

Edited by jollyjones

Does that mean we can arrive any time between 7 and 8.15 or do we need to arrive by 7.15 at the latest?
A caveat for you, when you arrive in your suite, there will be a letter confirming your reservations. If you signed up for 7:00p - 8:00p, you may find your time assigned is 7:30p or even 8:00p, which at that point means you have 15-mins past your assigned time to arrive.

Also, keep in mind the online dining system isn’t a true confirmed reservation, like OpenTable.com, but rather a request system. In certain instances, you may be assigned a completely different time, or even night. We had this happen before in the super small dining venues like La Dame.

Lastly, which voyage are you on?

Wow! THAT is a huge group by SS standards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the Spirit Autumn crossing we already have 14, and Spins & DH haven't even signed up yet - extraordinary! That's a lotta seasoned SS cruisers inspecting the Spirit stretch ...

A caveat for you, when you arrive in your suite, there will be a letter confirming your reservations. If you signed up for 7:00p - 8:00p, you may find your time assigned is 7:30p or even 8:00p, which at that point means you have 15-mins past your assigned time to arrive.

Also, keep in mind the online dining system isn’t a true confirmed reservation, like OpenTable.com, but rather a request system. In certain instances, you may be assigned a completely different time, or even night. We had this happen before in the super small dining venues like La Dame.

We'll be on the Spirit in November and December. Is there any way of indicating we wish a 7 p.m. seating and not anything later?

We'll be on the Spirit in November and December. Is there any way of indicating we wish a 7 p.m. seating and not anything later?
No. But, as long as you always select the 7p-8p searing, when you board, there will be a restaurant manager that can you meet with and adjust your reservations as needed that don’t meet your needs. Most likely won’t be any problem.

No. But, as long as you always select the 7p-8p searing, when you board, there will be a restaurant manager that can you meet with and adjust your reservations as needed that don’t meet your needs. Most likely won’t be any problem.

Is 7 pm the earliest time slot? Our dining reservations for our 7/24 cruise on the Spirit open in a few weeks, and 7 pm is a very late dining time for us. At home we usually eat at 6, sometimes earlier.

Is 7 pm the earliest time slot? Our dining reservations for our 7/24 cruise on the Spirit open in a few weeks, and 7 pm is a very late dining time for us. At home we usually eat at 6, sometimes earlier.

No sorry, nothing earlier.

7pm is considered to be rather early by many SS pax so there's little demand for the dining rooms to open earlier.

But you can always have afternoon tea to help carry you through to a later dining time - SS does that quite well, I believe, although I don't do tea myself.

We who live in the USA are accustomed to a light breakfast and a light lunch (many times due to working constraints), and are therefore ready for an early dinner. When I began cruising, my system changed for the duration of the cruise, as I began to enjoy mid afternoon canapés with tea or champagne (or both). Actually, this was good socializing time for many of us. Needless to say, we had to say goodbye to this lifestyle when we returned home...

We who live in the USA are accustomed to a light breakfast and a light lunch (many times due to working constraints), and are therefore ready for an early dinner. When I began cruising, my system changed for the duration of the cruise, as I began to enjoy mid afternoon canapés with tea or champagne (or both). Actually, this was good socializing time for many of us. Needless to say, we had to say goodbye to this lifestyle when we returned home...

PS. I finished typing this post at 6:20 pm, after eating dinner and doing the dishes.

Good for you, that you could adjust to the late dining time. The one time we were assigned late sitting on a mainline cruise line (despite requesting early), we had a lot of difficulty coping. The Afternoon tea and bar snacks weren't as good as dinner, but they ruined our appetite for dinner. After 3 days or so, the Maitre D' took pity on us and moved us from the 8 pm sitting to 5:30.

Eating as late as 7, often in a tie and jacket, will be difficult for me; but we won't let the late dining hour and the dress code spoil our first Silversea cruise.

Edited by Joanandjoe

Thankyou so much Stumblefoot for all that info-very helpful. We cruise out of Rome on 24th June on Silver Muse.
Glad to help! We’ll be disembarking in Rome on the day of your embarkation. We’ll do our best to leave a little vino for you. [emoji1]

Have not been on Silversea since 2011 when we moved over to Seabourn but will be returning for one trip this summer.

Sure seems like a big step backwards from the Silversea of old, if you have to decide your dining time 4 months in advance !

Sure seems like a big step backwards from the Silversea of old, if you have to decide your dining time 4 months in advance !
You don’t “have” too. But, for folks that like to plan in advance, they are given the option. Seems a bit more advanced in my book.

You don’t “have” too. But, for folks that like to plan in advance, they are given the option. Seems a bit more advanced in my book.

In your experience, for people who generally prefer to decide on a restaurant choice a day or two ahead of time - will they still be able to book a table if the cruise is full ?

Thanks

In your experience, for people who generally prefer to decide on a restaurant choice a day or two ahead of time - will they still be able to book a table if the cruise is full?
Hard to say as it is passenger mix and venue dependent. We were on a sold out voyage with a very international mix and never had a problem getting a table in any of the open seating restaurants. On the other hand, the only reservable restaurant that seemed impossible to get in to at the last minute was La Dame. Kaiseki and The Grill were never a problem.

Hard to say as it is passenger mix and venue dependent. We were on a sold out voyage with a very international mix and never had a problem getting a table in any of the open seating restaurants. On the other hand, the only reservable restaurant that seemed impossible to get in to at the last minute was La Dame. Kaiseki and The Grill were never a problem.

Many thanks. We probably wouldn't do La Dame anyway. Did Le Champagne on Shadow and Whisper a couple of times a few years ago and it was just too much food in a single sitting. I remember on the Shadow, the main course was half a roast chicken with five prawns on a skewer. Not sure who thought that pairing up, but with two previous courses already, we could barely touch it. The desert however was excellent and glad we saved some room for that.