Azura Refit 2015

Gazroberts80

Does anyone have any idea what if any changes will be made to Azura in her Dry Docking in April. Obviously a key aspect will be general maintenance and hull inspections and I'm guessing she will also receive the flag. Can we expect any changes to the bars and restaurants onboard? Many details of Aurora's extensive refit were shared well before she entered dry dock, so I'm guessing changes will be at a minimum. I'm sailing on her in June so I'm excited to hear of any potential modifications.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Does anyone have any idea what if any changes will be made to Azura in her Dry Docking in April. Obviously a key aspect will be general maintenance and hull inspections and I'm guessing she will also receive the flag. Can we expect any changes to the bars and restaurants onboard? Many details of Aurora's extensive refit were shared well before she entered dry dock, so I'm guessing changes will be at a minimum. I'm sailing on her in June so I'm excited to hear of any potential modifications.

Would like to know of any changes as well. We LOVE Azura. We are sailing on her in May to Norway and it looks like we will be sailing from Mayflower terminal - never been to this particular terminal but I think it is getting a makeover??

I read somewhere that it is routine maintenance rather than anything that might make a change to the passenger experience.

Decoke and oil change, just routine maintenance.

Seems strange to have a ship out of action for 2 weeks and not use it to replace carpets, soft furnishings etc. Would have thought they may install flat screen TV's as they have on Aurora

I imagine any carpets/soft furnishings flagged up will be changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems strange to have a ship out of action for 2 weeks and not use it to replace carpets, soft furnishings etc. Would have thought they may install flat screen TV's as they have on Aurora

We had flat screen TVs in our cabin on Azura last year. As she is the newest ship I believe they were fitted when she was built.

Carpets and soft furnishings can be changed during a cruise or in Southampton.

We have been on a few cruises where carpets have been changed during the cruise.

The main work done during a dry docking is to scrape and repaint the bottom plus any work on the propellers. Major internal structural work, such as extra cabins, can be done at the same time.

Brian

Carpets and soft furnishings can be changed during a cruise or in Southampton.

We have been on a few cruises where carpets have been changed during the cruise.

The main work done during a dry docking is to scrape and repaint the bottom plus any work on the propellers. Major internal structural work, such as extra cabins, can be done at the same time.

Brian

As most of the crew will stay onboard during this time they quite often deep clean the cabins, fix issues with plumbing etc and give the ship a general spruce up, they don't get the 2 weeks off!

Some jobs are just easier minus the passengers though yes much maintenance is carried out year round at sea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it's the 4th April - 19th April. Your cruise is the first after the dry dock. So I guess with the time taken to get there and back from Hamburg it will be in Dry dock from 6th-16th April. They will strip carpets and soft furnishings as soon on the way to Hamburg!

I noticed that on the planner, not sure if it will make a huge difference from reading the menu. Looking at Britannia most public rooms seem to be the same as on Azura, so it doesn't look like any major changes other than Epicurian. Sindhu and Glass House seem to be the key P&O flagship products and have obviously been on Azura for some time.

I've not sampled Seventeen but the menu looks to be very similar in style, so I think it's just to create continuity with Britannia as that's the name they are using there. I can only imagine seventeen is so called due to it's deck so with the restaurant being a different deck on Britannia they've had to standardise the name to reflect the restaurant on Azura and Britannia are the same product. This is the view on my cruise personaliser for cruise in June and sample menu for Epicurian ImageUploadedByForums1423431674.235301.jpg.9cd64a44da3615974972eea7139d0c5d.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1423431663.585206.jpg.3cb6969ba9c91701f74b0d90a707075f.jpg

Just come off Azura and staff say all new carpets and soft furnishings at dry dock but no mention of anything else .

Also just returned and thought the carpets in some public areas (also our stateroom) were in need of replacement. Stairs, corridors etc would be best tackled when no passengers are on board so hopefully these will be part of the refurb. I look forward to seeing what's done.

Really appreciate the information from you guys who have just come off the ship. Good to hear they are planning to refresh carpets etc :) Really excited to try the Glass house have heard good things. Would you recommend Sindhu, I do love my Indian food