Bermuda and The gem !

Everest1987

hi everyone

My hubby and I are going on our first ncl cruise in November for 5 days from nyc to Bermuda ! Would love to hear some feedback if anyone has been on this cruise ? Recommendations for things to do in Bermuda in November? And also would love to hear your experience on the gem.

Thanks so much.

Never been on this particular cruise but have been to Bermuda and on the Gem numerous times. Bermuda is absolutely beautiful but the weather in November might be too chilly for water activities. The Gem is our favorite ship. Enjoy!

I would not miss out on going over to St George which is a longer ferry ride as it is quainter than

Hamilton. Good photo ops in their main square w/the old-fashioned stocks and pillory.

Also for the ladies there is a perfumery where you can see how they are made.

hi everyone

My hubby and I are going on our first ncl cruise in November for 5 days from nyc to Bermuda ! Would love to hear some feedback if anyone has been on this cruise ? Recommendations for things to do in Bermuda in November? And also would love to hear your experience on the gem.

Thanks so much.

Been to Bermuda three times, once there on the Gem. Not sure what their is to do in November. Start looking here..... https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=196

get a Fodor's Bermuda.

tehn buy a 2 day bus and ferry pass right at hte pier. you can see the entire island safely and easily on your own.

i recommend: horseshoe bay/warwick long bay beaches, crystal caves, gibbs hill lighthouse, walking a section of the bermuda rail trail, an afternoon or morning in st. george, touring a fort or two.

Have never been on the Gem but have cruised to Bermuda several times (going again on 7/22!). We are usually there during summer so we go to Horseshoe Beach and Elbow Beach. If the weather is cooler, I would still check out Horseshoe Beach even if you can't swim. You could take the ferry to St. George and check out the caves - we did Crystal Caves and it was amazing. There is Gibbs Lighthouse which you can climb and there are always island tours you can book. Bermuda is beautiful - enjoy!

I believe I'm on this same cruise for November. Bringing my DH along. It's our 29th wedding anniversary. I've been reading up on the beaches in Bermuda. Air temp is mid 70's and the water temp might be in the 60's. Bit chilly but still nice to see and take photos. I'm looking forward to touring Hamilton and St. George.

take bus to swizzle in for nachos! so delicious . then walk down the hill to tom moores jungle. some neat surprises in there and i didnt even get to go all the way in . there are watering holes with very clear water and its just a fun place to explore. i believe cash for bus pass at the terminal got you a discount. only thing that soured me is a tour operator was giving BS info off the ship saying you need a paid guide to go through the jungle. some tourists may believe this. despicable!

ive noticed more nov/dec bermuda offerings recently. whats with that? i find it a positive. just curious why took them this long.

We've been to Bermuda a # of times, both in the early Spring & in early/mid Fall, on different classes of ships - 5 days is really, IMHO, too short for a "proper" first time visit, more of an "orientation" cruise to lure you to go back again to see the chains of beautiful islands. Officially, the summer season is over & many businesses will be transitioning to the fall/winter mode - where cruise ships do come & stay/dock there for a day ... sometimes, while doing a T/A.

Gem is one of our favorite ship, and it's going to be a fast run - as it's typically 2 days at sea going out and 1 full sea day coming back - your total time at Dockyard will be rather limited ... have a plan & don't miss the "all abroad" time coming back or you will find your belongings, passports on the pier with the port agent (and, one of the NCL ship captain jokingly said, a life jacket with your name(s) on it for farewell) (LOL, just kidding, he was)

Crowds will be smaller - checkout the Bermuda forum for this year's latest.

The 5 days itinerary is an exception to the usual 7 days runs out of NY and Boston, both on the Gem/Dawn and the Breakaway/Escape mega-class ships, so that isn't really a whole lot to say about it.

We are on the Halloween Escape for 7 days doing Bermuda this Fall, as repeat cruisers - and our itinerary is also different ... shorter stay on the island due to (un)availability of berth at Dockyard ... sailing was originally slated for Bahamas/Florida before they switched it.