Help! Legend or Indy for teens

We are currently booked on the Legend Feb, 27th 2015 cruise. I know it is a small ship but we liked the fact that it is a 10-day cruise that fit perfectly with my teen boys Springbreak. Now we are hesitating. We are looking at the Indy cruise leaving the next day for an 8-day cruise. It is bigger and tend to have more for the kids.

Should we switch cruises? Maybe the Legend is for an older crowd or since it will be Springbreak (for canadians), my boys should not be bored , make friends and keep busy.

Convince us we made the right choice. Thank you in advance.

In February, smaller ship, 10 day cruise - there will be much fewer kids. People have been posting that Grandeur has had less than 10 or 20 kids on her for 10 day cruise during the same timeframe.

I love the Vision class ships, and would always recommend more days, but I would have to say, if it were me, I would go with Indy. But, if the itinerary for Legend is much better, I might go with that.

With ine teens I would switch to The Independance. So much for them to do and most likely more people their age. If money isn't a problem maybe you could add a couple days on land before or after the cruise to extend to the 10 day vacation!

Edited by readytolose

If this cruise is for the children, I would do a 7 day. Then there will be more teens for them to hang out with. If money is no problem, the Oasis class. If things are a little tight, either the Freedom class or Voyager Class. Whatever you want to do - enjoy.

We are currently booked on the Legend Feb, 27th 2015 cruise. I know it is a small ship but we liked the fact that it is a 10-day cruise that fit perfectly with my teen boys Springbreak. Now we are hesitating. We are looking at the Indy cruise leaving the next day for an 8-day cruise. It is bigger and tend to have more for the kids.

Should we switch cruises? Maybe the Legend is for an older crowd or since it will be Springbreak (for canadians), my boys should not be bored , make friends and keep busy.

Well, we were booked on the Legend for the same cruise and date. We sailed on the Indy this past February on the 6 day and we've previously done the 8 day on the Indy as well. We were really looking forward to the Legend next year until we came off the Indy. At that point we knew we should change to the 8 day on the Indy and that's what we did. There's just so much more to do on the Indy especially for a teenager. The flowrider, rock climbing wall, skating rink, more pools and so on. On top of that you have the Royal Promenade and the 3 level dining room. I think an 8 day on the Indy would be better. I know our son loved it last year and said it was the best cruise he's ever been on and he's been on a bunch.

So if you want my opinion, switch. We did.

Going to jump on the Indy bandwagon since going with teens. We cruised on the Legend in January and had really forgotten how small a Vision class ship feels since our most recent cruises have been on Voyager class and up. Rather miss the Promenade feature, but since they've added Park Café on board, that somewhat makes up for it. My vote is definitely for the Indy since going with teens.

Have cruised on the Legend and while it is a very nice ship, in our opinion, it definitely is an older crowd, as many longer cruises are, and truthfully I think teenagers would be bored out of their skulls. The rock climbing wall and miniature golf is it. No comparison to the larger ships. Great ship and we loved it and the itinerary is not the normal Caribbean one.

The Legend is an awesome ship, but for teenagers, the Indy is much better....taking my grandchildren on the Freedom next week, and I specifically chose that ship to keep them entertained. We recently did 10 days on the Legend, and here is a link to my review.

http://karanandmichael.blogspot.com/2014/01/caribbean-adenture-on-legend-of-seas.html

on that page you will find a link to a review of the freedom. It might help you choose.

You've made the right choice! We have teens and when given a choice of ship with a flowrider or not, there's only one winner!

Indy is a great ship, our kids love her, you and your family will have a great time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for your replies. You convinced us and we made the switch. Can't wait!!!

Great choice!!

Enjoy your cruise, and as so many have mentioned, your children would thank you.......if they knew the difference!!;)

Rick