NEW Room Service Menu Just Posted...

Elaine515

I hate it when cruise lines "nickel and dime" passengers once onboard. That said, Carnival (while adding more options that happen to be up-charged) still has free room service. If people are willing to pay for the convenience and service, you can't fault them for that!

I once said I'd never pay for food on a cruise ship. One taste of Red Frog Pub's Conch Fritters and - Bam - I'm hooked. Can't wait to fork over another $4.95 for those delicacies - and I'm as tight as they come!

Basically, if there's demand, and people are willing to pay, it's a great move on Carnival's part.

I have one problem with Carnival doing Hot Food Service for Room Service. They cannot deliver hot water for tea so how are they going to deliver hot food on time. I quit ordering hot tea because it was always luke warm by the time I got it.

I agree. Half the time the food that is supposed to be hot in the Dining Room is lukewarm. What makes them think they can deliver hot food for room service. Wonder how many people will complain about their hot food being delivered warm at best.

These new items need to be free of charge. Water has a hard time coming to the room hot, how is this going to work?

No they don't, especially when they are something they already charge for on ships where it is available, such as the bonsai sushi options. I would not expect to receive for free something which they charge the same price for elsewhere on the ship, especially given the added convenience of delivery to my room, which I'll happily tip for.

And I've not seen it said, but perhaps they will prioritize the 'hot item orders' so they are hot. Who knows but that would make sense. Kinda like fttrs (faster to the room service)

I'm OK with this. It's not like they are holding a gun to anyone's head and forcing them to choose the pay items. If they were going to charge a fee for every item, or a delivery fee like NCL is experimenting with, then I could see most of the complaining.

So far the only ones with a legitimate complaint are the ones who mentioned seeing free items they liked that are not available anymore. In those cases I'd suggest sending an e-mail to Carnival or John Heald expressing your desire to see these items back on the menu.

And there is my Sushi. I wanted to say I would boycott any paid options, but I am ordering Sushi to eat on my Balcony.

I would do that too, but I have an ocean view. Oh well, I guess I can sit on the sill. [emoji14]

Just want to taunt the fish eh? :D

Come on people!! A cruise ship is more like a hotel at sea than anything. l!

No it's not, when the food plan is included. You want to charge me a service fee to bring it to me? Fine. But charge me for it too? I've already paid for it once.

And then to swap out sirloin and cheese sandwich (included), and out in Cheese steak and now charge me for it?

Among all the things that have obviously been removed?

They are only fooling the cheerleaders.

Curious that the menu is not online anymore. And silence.

No it's not, when the food plan is included. You want to charge me a service fee to bring it to me? Fine. But charge me for it too? I've already paid for it once.

And then to swap out sirloin and cheese sandwich (included), and out in Cheese steak and now charge me for it?

Menus change all the time. There is no service charge to bring you the food (you can tip if you want to). The fee is for the upgraded food, no different than the steak house, Jiji's, or Capitano's.

If you'd climb down off that pedestal you are on and quit belly aching about supposed cheerleaders, you might learn (since you haven't yet) that CC does (and has for quite a while) a poor job of handling URLs. The URL works just fine and the online menu is still online. If you want to see it, click on "Quote" for the OP, the copy the full URL, then paste it into your browser. A nice colorful menu will pop up.

Edited by Out to sea!

Menus change all the time. There is no service charge to bring you the food (you can tip if you want to). The fee is for the upgraded food, no different than the steak house, Jiji's, or Capitano's.

If you'd climb down off that pedestal you are on and quit belly aching about supposed cheerleaders, you might learn (since you haven't yet) that CC does (and has for quite a while) a poor job of handling URLs. The URL works just fine and the online menu is still online. If you want to see it, click on "Quote" for the OP, the copy the full URL, then paste it into your browser. A nice colorful menu will pop up.

I can see the cut and paste just fine, and I can see the many items once included suddenly gone.

Upgraded food, eh? Never seen any of these upgraded foods in the specialty restaurants. Even the sushi was on the sushi cart for free, and daily.

But mostly, insulting me with calling pizza, wings, and fried shrimp "Specialty Items".

Edited by Maleeni

LOL. Didn't take long for the villagers mood to turn, and start taking up their torches and pitchforks.

They had to be shown this wasn't quite the enhancement they were led to believe. Where I come from it's called bait and switch. "Maybe they won't notice that we removed a lot of favorites but their mouths will water over these things".

"Wait! Cheese and crackers ...... $6?????"

I can see the cut and paste just fine, and I can see the many items once included suddenly gone.

Upgraded food, eh? Never seen any of these upgraded foods in the specialty restaurants. Even the sushi was on the sushi cart for free, and daily.

What you consider upgraded may be different than what others consider upgraded. I don't many items gone, I see a few items gone and some items added for a few that anyone can partake of if they choose to. There has been no free Sushi for a while now either but if one wishes to live in the past then everyone should be required to dress in a tux for the MDR as well. I think it's nice they offered hot food on the RS menu for a change. It's been something some folks have been asking for. If you'd rather go to the buffet or elsewhere to get food without paying the extra bit, go ahead, that's what I will be doing. Or if this bothers you soooo much, there are other lines that don't charge anything for their RS menu (though that number is dwindling).

They had to be shown this wasn't quite the enhancement they were led to believe. Where I come from it's called bait and switch. "Maybe they won't notice that we removed a lot of favorites but their mouths will water over these things".

"Wait! Cheese and crackers ...... $6?????"

Then where you come from the term "bait and switch" is used improperly. :rolleyes:

I like the way they take away half of the free items (NOT). But, I have been told this is not a cut back. :rolleyes::rolleyes: Last I am saying about it.

Edited by ready2cruzagain

Its a shame the Fajita sandwich and Cheese and steak have gone and they have replaced them with fee alternatives (Chicken Quesadilla and Philly Cheese steak) . They have also cut the Hot Pastrami sandwich and the mushroom/cheese sandwich.

HOWEVER they have added 6 other options and sushi made to order which even though are for a free are another option so I am happy with this change. They would have to cut some items to help with the efficiency of the new items and they cut the ones ordered less/more expensive to make as a business decision.

It would have been great though to add Cheeseburgers like other lines.

A la carte isn't that bad a thing, you get to choose what you want to pay for and what you don't. Unlike a compeitor that charges a fee even for the free stuff;).

Don't laugh too hard. They've already got you in the pot of water. Now they'll just bring it to a slow boil, and you won't even notice when you're fully cooked. ;)

Just curious....

A cruise line cost is transportation from point A to B and back again. It's a bed and a private bathroom, its three meals a day without additional cost. The rest is just gravy.

If someone wants to drink alcohol or sodas or eat sushi or a big decadent dessert or steak or lobster every night, bottled water or get room service that is a CHOICE. Many people never spend extra on a cruise and have a great time.

I've never gone hungry on a cruise. If I choose the convenience of room service that is a choice...not a guarantee. I think the new menu looks good and if they decide to charge for everything on the menu I'll just put on some clothes and head to food services and carry it back to my room. It's that simple.

I dont understand why some people don't see cruise lines as a business.

The industry will change and have cutbacks as all businesses do. This is so they can add other things that are more desirable for new markets and survive while still having competitive prices. Inclusive resorts are doing the same thing.

Its not about them 'fooling anyone' its about taking the rough with the smooth and if small changes such as taking off 2 sandwiches and removing some chocolates from a room service menu helped pay for that amazing Green Thunder slide I was on last Summer, my countless Red frog fun and all the delights I will see on my Vista cruise then so be it.

I dont understand why some people don't see cruise lines as a business.

They want to see the cruise line as their friend, and they feel betrayed and jilted when the cruise line treats them like a paying customer.