A Symphony of thoughts

Boarded Symphony after a year in the planning! I even had a spreadsheet carefully calculating how to fit in each venue and show...

17b1f973cd5ee1b5a270c381e4226fa8.jpg

Boarding in Barcelona was very quick indeed.

I had Expedited boarding but DH didn’t. Not sure why. So we still had to go to the counter. Whole process less than 10 minutes.

Luggage delivered by 1:45.

The ship is wow. Just wow.

f874cb2849eb737936913d23faa9d89c.jpg

So following our plans we had a quick lunch ( gotta have that beef roll on the first day... it’s tradition) then set about exploring.

The Solarium is a glorious bright space. Fabulous furniture and pools.

266024a6a87eac0f533cf40864c0d83d.jpg

The bistro is gorgeous.

Hooked looked a little “cold” but no one was in there so perhaps better when full.?

Playmakers is another new venue. A huge hit with DH who declared he was going to stay there for the week. He was in his happy place with beer [emoji482] and 3 TV screens in front of him simultaneously showing Arsenal, cricket and the F1 racing.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We had a JS. Very large room, huge walk in wardrobe, and a smaller shorter handing space. L’occitene toiletries in the bathroom.

No low level lighting in the bathroom that is so useful at night.

Very small coffee table. One chair and a sofa.

Kettle and coffee maker.

Large balcony with 2 chairs and 2 footstools.

USB in the side of the phone as well as 2 on the desk.

Spanish guests definitely in the majority. In fact C&A numbers are 112 D, 44 D+, and only 3 P.!!!

Symphony interports so some guests board in Rome. Rome boarders have orange sea pass cards.

The Cruise compass does not say Day 1 , Day 2 .... but just the day of the week.

Muster was strange. Standing in Cafe Promenade with a James Bond type spy spoof about safety on a very little screen.

First night dinner was in 150CP. Not busy at all.

9e58ed49aa1e7162e32b8e7f4c29a9a6.jpg

Then the 1977 ice show... no idea what the story was, but some spectacular skating and costume changes. And drones.

After that the balloon drop.. 7000 balloons [emoji324]... a cocktail in Jazz which is a wonderful comfy cosy space. And that was the end of day 1!

Monday: Palma. It looks like we were docked further out than normal. They ran a shuttle into town for €10 pp return.

We stayed on board and enjoyed the Solarium.

Lunch at Loco Fresh which is another superb addition.

In the afternoon we did the Escape Room ... got out with a minute to spare. It is much harder than the others I have done in Anthem and Harmony!

The CC meeting had the Captain and several other senior officers ... shame only about 10 turned up! Bad timing to hold it at 4 when the C&A gathering was at 4:30 ...

they said that they rarely even hold a CC meeting as so few sign up.

We only had 30 on our RC but it was good to put faces to names!

Formal night... wow some very glamourous dresses... including some Chinese ladies in amazing national costumes and a group of Sweet 15s celebrating their Quinceañera

Time for drinks in the DL ( which has 2 virtual windows in place of the real thing!) ...

Did you notice if the wine/liquor store located just after checkin and before the escalators is still there. Thanks

We boarded terminal B and yes, the bottle shop is definitely still there ( and no further screening once you boarded the ship .. wink wink)

Thanks for the review and photos! I’m boarding Symphony in just under 3 weeks. Are there lots of kids on board?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, far more children than we expected but as they are Spanish children they are all well behaved!

Tuesday: Marseille, a new port for us. Walked out of the terminal past the long line of people waiting to pay €18pp for the transfer into town. Turn left for taxis or turn right and follow the green painted line for about 15 mins walk until you find the white tent where the FREE port shuttle leaves from! Runs every 20 mins apparently. It is a huge port and the shuttle actually drops you still inside the port. Walk across the small car park, through the gates and, voila you are in the city at Joliette!

02ab414fcbf9601cfeeabd86813b3f43.jpg

(Head towards the red building)

Possibly the dodgiest looking port entrance ever! Take good note of where the gate is do you can find it on your return!

Spanish guests definitely in the majority. In fact C&A numbers are 112 D, 44 D+, and only 3 P.!!!

Symphony interports so some guests board in Rome. Rome boarders have orange sea pass cards.

The Cruise compass does not say Day 1 , Day 2 .... but just the day of the week.

Muster was strange. Standing in Cafe Promenade with a James Bond type spy spoof about safety on a very little screen.

First night dinner was in 150CP. Not busy at all.

9e58ed49aa1e7162e32b8e7f4c29a9a6.jpg

Then the 1977 ice show... no idea what the story was, but some spectacular skating and costume changes. And drones.

After that the balloon drop.. 7000 balloons [emoji324]... a cocktail in Jazz which is a wonderful comfy cosy space. And that was the end of day 1!

Can’t wait to board the ship looks amazing. Have you found the piano steps yet??.

Which shows do you think should not be missed??

Only seen 1977 and Hiro so far.

1977 was proficient but no idea what the stairs was!!!

Hiro was spectacular

Hairspray tonight which we have seen before on Oasis several years ago.