Booking on-board activities online: Anthem of the Seas

jacksonx

I am going on the Anthem of the Seas November 3rd, and I'm finding the website a bit frustrating to use.

Since I booked the trip months ago, I've been checking regularly to try to schedule the skydiving, surfing, North Star, and bumper car activities to no avail.

There are options for me to purchase some sort of ultimate surfing adventure for several hundred dollars, it doesn't seem like there is a way to schedule any of the "free" activities on board (we did book the shows, though.)

Anyone have any suggestions on how you book the North Star, sky diving, surfing, etc... prior to getting on the ship?

Thanks

I am going on the Anthem of the Seas November 3rd, and I'm finding the website a bit frustrating to use.

Since I booked the trip months ago, I've been checking regularly to try to schedule the skydiving, surfing, North Star, and bumper car activities to no avail.

There are options for me to purchase some sort of ultimate surfing adventure for several hundred dollars, it doesn't seem like there is a way to schedule any of the "free" activities on board (we did book the shows, though.)

Anyone have any suggestions on how you book the North Star, sky diving, surfing, etc... prior to getting on the ship?

Thanks

You're not seeing these things because you normally can't book them until you are on the ship. When we sailed last year we booked them as soon as we got on board via the app. It was super easy.

Also, as a side note, I don't believe (unless things have changed since I was on last year) you book the flowriders ahead of time. Same goes for bumper cars or anything else in the SeaPlex.

You're not seeing these things because you normally can't book them until you are on the ship. When we sailed last year we booked them as soon as we got on board via the app. It was super easy.

Also, as a side note, I don't believe (unless things have changed since I was on last year) you book the flowriders ahead of time. Same goes for bumper cars or anything else in the SeaPlex.

Thank you!

You're not seeing these things because you normally can't book them until you are on the ship.

Also, as a side note, I don't believe (unless things have changed since I was on last year) you book the flowriders ahead of time.

The paid session of the Flowrider, along with some of the items the OP is looking to book (Ripcord, Northstar) are usually available in the planner.

There are no reservations, pre cruise or on board for the free sessions of Flowrider or bumper cars (you just get in line).

I’ve been on Anthem. Northstar and iFly were booked through the cruise planner. If these items are not showing up, it might be too early or pre cruise reservations are filled.

Try to book onboard or through Royal IQ when you get onboard or to the port.

Bumper cars and flying trapeze does not require a reservation.

As mentioned the regular Flowrider does not require a reservation.

I’ve been on Anthem. Northstar and iFly were booked through the cruise planner. If these items are not showing up, it might be too early or pre cruise reservations are filled.

Try to book onboard or through Royal IQ when you get onboard or to the port.

Bumper cars and flying trapeze does not require a reservation.

As mentioned the regular Flowrider does not require a reservation.

We we're on Anthem last November (booked in July) and I never saw iFly or North Star available to book in the cruise planner.

I guess it's just possible it varies by sailing.

I was was on the September 6th sailing of Anthem. I book the cruise within about 6 weeks of the sailing and was able to book two very inconvenient times for the iFly (for the middle of our Halifax stop) . There were only four spots available at the time. After further consideration, a couple of weeks later I decided to cancel my reservations. Prior to my cancelling, I went into the cruise planner and noted that there was no availability. After canceling, I went back into the cruise planner and my previously reserved spots were again available for reserving, so it would appear that there are a certain amount of slots available for booking prior to the cruise starting.

Northstar and the Puzzle Break activities were also not available for booking prior to the cruise by the time I booked it. ON embarkation day, upon entering the ship, I went to one of the iPads by Guest services and immediately was able to sign up for the Puzzle Break activity, though there were not a lot of spots left. North Star and iFly had many slots available for booking on multiple days. In the end, I was able to go on iFly on, I believe, day 4 and was told that I could return on day 6th in person and book a second reservation. (the planner will only allow one reservation per trip, but if there were open spots still available as of day 6 on our 9 night cruise, they would let you go again. I did my second flight on day 7. Upon embarkation we booked North Star for day 5 but were able to walk on during embarkation day while still at the pier. North star is very popular. You can get in a kind of "stand by" line in case there are no shows.

Bumper cars, circus/trapeze school and flowrider sessions (other than the private lesson or reserved options) are get-in-line affairs.

We are booked aboard her for another cruise during New Years! - North star and iFly are already "filled" for online reservations.

We're on the Nov 10th cruise on Anthem. We were able to book iFly on Aug 3rd. The spaces they make available for online booking were already more than half filled and we lost the time we'd chosen when we stopped to talk about it for 5 minutes, had to choose another time. People on our cruise can no longer book online, the spaces are full and it doesn't show up anymore.

At this point, you probably won't be able to book online. Go to iFly and book there as soon as you get on the ship.

Is there a way to book show times in advance?

Chandris Britains 1987

Admiral Stardancer 1988

Disney Magic 1998

Disney Wonder 1998

Three of the shows on Anthem can be booked pre-cruise using the Cruise Planner on Royal's website. If you don't see any shows to book, it's probably too far in advance. Keep checking as there is no pattern to when show reservations become available.

Three of the shows on Anthem can be booked pre-cruise using the Cruise Planner on Royal's website. If you don't see any shows to book, it's probably too far in advance. Keep checking as there is no pattern to when show reservations become available.
Thanks

Chandris Britains 1987

Admiral Stardancer 1988

Disney Magic 1998

Disney Wonder 1998

• 2 weeks later...

Not available for pre-booking on our August 29th sail. As others have said no reserves needed for Sea Plex activities.

I made reserves upon boarding as I was instructed to go the 2x70 and they have live crew that take reserves or you can use the 4 available kiosk to accomplish any activity that requires reservations, including SR and tours.

Also, I believe there are other kiosks available by GS and the Tours section.

We're on Anthem for the 11/17 sailing and were able to book Ifly, Northstar and all 3 shows through the cruise planner a couple of months ago. The Ifly and Northstar are no longer available for booking while I believe the shows are still in the cruise planner.

The activity I have been looking for that I've not seen was the escape room.

North Star and Ifly can be booked on the cruise planner or when you board. You can also check Ifly every day for cancellations or show up and see if there are any openings. I know the last sea day we were on Anthem my husband and son were in the Ifly 5 times because people had cancelled. Same for the North Star. There are so many people that book and then not show up or cancel you should not have any problems getting on either of them.

The paid session of the Flowrider, along with some of the items the OP is looking to book (Ripcord, Northstar) are usually available in the planner.

There are no reservations, pre cruise or on board for the free sessions of Flowrider or bumper cars (you just get in line).

Does this mean if you want to book a Free session of flowrider you have to join the line or that you just have to wait until you're onboard to book?

Is the free session any different to a paid pre booking?

Does this mean if you want to book a Free session of flowrider you have to join the line or that you just have to wait until you're onboard to book?

Is the free session any different to a paid pre booking?

You wait in line for the free use of the flowrider.