Sky Suite Questions

We are booked on a Crown Loft Suite on the Harmony of the Seas. We have a few questions surrounding the Sky Suite in terms of benefits and gratuities.

We have seen the list of benefits on RCCL that list out 7 benefits and then says ... and more. Expedia lists out much more than RCCL. What are the full list of benefits of the Sky Suites.

Also, gratuities. Obviously there is the $17.50 pp per day which we have now pre paid. I’ve read those tips don’t go to certain people that help in the suite and those are tipped separately. How much should we tip them?

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The benefits are as listed on RC's website.

The gratuities charged by RC covers stateroom attendants and dinning. There is no obligation to pay anyone else although some on CC are eager to suggest otherwise.

We have paid additional tips but that is at our discretion and in recognition of outstanding service.

One benefit that isn't publicised is the availability of bottled water from suite lounge free of charge. For this reason, I would advise against buying the water package.

I have not been on Harmony but have sailed on sister ships Oasis and Allure. I would expect the thermal suite to be the same and on that basis, would comment that it isn't that great compared to ships belonging to other cruise lines. You can ask for a tour so check it out before buying a pass.

You have full Room Service menu with no charge so you'll need to tip the room service attendant (at your discretion) as they don't get any tips.

You might want to tip the Suite Lounge bar tenders. They also don't share in the tips. Again, your discretion.

We are booked on a Crown Loft Suite on the Harmony of the Seas. We have a few questions surrounding the Sky Suite in terms of benefits and gratuities.

We have seen the list of benefits on RCCL that list out 7 benefits and then says ... and more. Expedia lists out much more than RCCL. What are the full list of benefits of the Sky Suites.

Also, gratuities. Obviously there is the $17.50 pp per day which we have now pre paid. I’ve read those tips don’t go to certain people that help in the suite and those are tipped separately. How much should we tip them?

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It’s a lovely suite and is very quiet and private. We always tip our cabin steward extra because it’s a large two story room. I think we’ve left an extra $50-75 for her. Can’t remember exactly. Service has always been exceptional.

Having access to the suite lounge seconds from your door is a treat and the servers there really take great care of you. We tip ($1-2)with each drink ordered whether alcoholic or not, even if we are just grabbing bottled waters for the day. We also give the concierge a tip at the end of the week regardless of how much they did for us. ($50-100) It’s not huge but decent. They will make all your reservations or change them - really quite helpful. Just ask them for anything you may need. They are very accommodating.

The suite lounge provides very nice appetizers during happy hour and the quality is great. Coastal Kitchen has nice food, good breakfast in a quiet atmosphere with great views. We usually leave a little cash on the table.

In the mornings, we bring Yeti coffee cups from home ( so coffee stays really hot) and fill them with coffee from the lounge to enjoy on our balcony.

Take advantage of the suite sun deck and bar. Quiet, comfortable and relaxing. We tip that bartender a little extra with each drink. ($1-2) Every tip whether small or not are always so appreciated.

We have found a great source of “intel” comes from talking to nice people in the suite lounge at happy hour. Due to table arrangements, you may be have to sit with others. It’s great fun and others are always happy to share their knowledge, just like here on this forum. A great source of knowledge!

We always bring an envelope with small bills in it so we can easily take care of porters etc. we try to anticipate those things and plan ahead.

We both worked in service industries through college and grad schools. We look at tipping differently than some as we lived off tips during those years. We worked hard and so we can relate and appreciate those who work in service industries. We’ve rarely had bad service on Royal. You will find the RCCL servers are warm and hard working and most appreciative of any kind of extra tip.

Enjoy yourself and your nice cabin.

And PS, the bed is firm so if you prefer a softer mattress, plan accordingly.

Cheers!

We had trouble getting bottled water last week from the Suite Lounge. I asked the Concierge and she directed me to the bar. The bartender looked like I had asked for something really esoteric and went into the storage room for a few minutes. He finally handed me 4 bottles of water (there were 4 of us) and said that they don't normally have bottled water so he had to find it.

My understanding was that our automatic gratuities went towards the main dining staff and the room steward. All drink purchases had an 18% gratuity added to the bill and we usually gave a few dollars more on top of that. Room service is free, so we tipped in cash. The cards for ordering room service are the same used throughout the ship, so it says a charge will be made for delivery, but in grand suites and higher it is actually included in the room charge.

I made reservations for all shows that I could online, but there are reserved seats in the larger venues that you can sit in as long as you arrive early enough. They open those seats to all a few minutes before the shows start.

But the RCI site gives you a good outline of what you get.

We had trouble getting bottled water last week from the Suite Lounge. I asked the Concierge and she directed me to the bar. The bartender looked like I had asked for something really esoteric and went into the storage room for a few minutes. He finally handed me 4 bottles of water (there were 4 of us) and said that they don't normally have bottled water so he had to find it.

My understanding was that our automatic gratuities went towards the main dining staff and the room steward. All drink purchases had an 18% gratuity added to the bill and we usually gave a few dollars more on top of that. Room service is free, so we tipped in cash. The cards for ordering room service are the same used throughout the ship, so it says a charge will be made for delivery, but in grand suites and higher it is actually included in the room charge.

I made reservations for all shows that I could online, but there are reserved seats in the larger venues that you can sit in as long as you arrive early enough. They open those seats to all a few minutes before the shows start.

Was this a one time experience or did you have trouble getting bottled water all week? My understanding is that bottled water, cans of soda, wine and beer are available 11 to 11.

Was this a one time experience or did you have trouble getting bottled water all week? My understanding is that bottled water, cans of soda, wine and beer are available 11 to 11.

We just brought our reusable water bottles to the Suite Lounge and used a cup to refill them. This happened when we first boarded, before our suitcases were delivered (which had our reusable water bottles!)

We don't drink soda so didn't try that. And when we ate at Coastal Kitchen for dinner we had water - so I didn't even try that out :(

Since the bartender seemed really confused by the question it just seemed easier to grab our reusable water bottles! For all I know it was a new bartender and by the next day things may have been working smoothly.

We just brought our reusable water bottles to the Suite Lounge and used a cup to refill them. This happened when we first boarded, before our suitcases were delivered (which had our reusable water bottles!)

We don't drink soda so didn't try that. And when we ate at Coastal Kitchen for dinner we had water - so I didn't even try that out :(

Since the bartender seemed really confused by the question it just seemed easier to grab our reusable water bottles! For all I know it was a new bartender and by the next day things may have been working smoothly.

Ok, thanks, I hope it was just a new bartender who was confused.

Thank you for this, we will be in a crown loft for the first time. We are D+ but rarely reserve a suite, just balconies. So, this experience will most definitely spoil us and will probably change our minds about future cruises, lol....

Happy sailing...

Thank you for this, we will be in a crown loft for the first time. We are D+ but rarely reserve a suite, just balconies. So, this experience will most definitely spoil us and will probably change our minds about future cruises, lol....

Happy sailing...

Happy sailing to you too.:)

Which ship were you on? We are big water drinkers and were counting on being able to get water from the lounge

Thanks

We were on Oasis of the Seas.

Bartenders now change every two weeks in the Suite Lounge and other bars on the Oasis. Sailed five times this year on the Oasis and Allure. Never had a problem getting complimentary bottled water from a bartender.

Bartenders now change every two weeks in the Suite Lounge and other bars on the Oasis. Sailed five times this year on the Oasis and Allure. Never had a problem getting complimentary bottled water from a bartender.

Same for us John the last two times we sailed Oasis in a suite. I'll put our theory to test a week from Sunday. :-D

Happy sailing...

Danger! Danger!! A few cruises ago we got a free upgrade at the pier to a CLS and they must have known what they were doing, as it's been the standard going forward! :D

Have a great trip!

Danger! Danger!! A few cruises ago we got a free upgrade at the pier to a CLS and they must have known what they were doing, as it's been the standard going forward! :D

Have a great trip!

Thanks for the warning!!;p I would not doubt that we will love our CLS! The perks alone are pretty awesome!

Happy cruising!!

Same for us John the last two times we sailed Oasis in a suite. I'll put our theory to test a week from Sunday. :-D

Hi Bill,

We will be boarding the same day you get off the Oasis. Need to cruise again together in the near future.