Drink Package Questsion - How Many Times In An Hour

torchd

I am the type of person who can drink those fruit cocktails, fast and in mass quantities. Here is my question....

I will be purchasing the drink package, how many times in an hour can you go up and get a new drink every time you finish one?

The reason I am asking, in the past when I had the drink package I was questioned by the bar tender as they thought I was sharing my drinks because I was going up so frequently. Which I was not doing and told them to pull up any video feed you had. But they threatened to take my drink package away, saying that I would have to per per drink. That is why I am asking what is the rate of frequency that you can go up there?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Then why in the past was something mentioned?

I am not sure. I am a quick drinker too and get multiple drinks in quick succession sometimes and have never had an issue, even when going to the same bar. As long as you are the only one drinking it you can go up as often as you want. They do have the right to cut you off if you appear to be too intoxicated though.

Then why in the past was something mentioned?

There is no automatic time limit on ordering drinks with the package. Bartenders are trained to look for abuse...like sharing. Something in your behavior, perhaps just your frequency of ordering, must have triggered the comment.

It takes a metric ton of these fruit cocktails for me to feel anything... So I am not sure about the comment to this day.... Ohh well

I imagine it's possible that the volume you were ordering and the fact that you might not have been affected by them caused him to think you weren't actually drinking all of them...

It takes a metric ton of these fruit cocktails for me to feel anything... So I am not sure about the comment to this day.... Ohh well

Was it a Royal Caribbean ship that the comment was made on or a Carnival ship? Carnival has a daily limit, Royal does not, could have been what was driving the comment.

I also can drink a metric ton of fruity drinks before I feel anything and don't show any sign of intoxication. The last cruise I was on with the unlimited package I never was questioned. I kept track on my phone of every drink I ordered (I was seeing what the benefit of the package was for me...let's just say it was worth it...) I am also a wonderer - that is I tend to move around the ship a lot and not stay in one place, grabbing a drink from whatever bar is near. I wondered if their computer would show my ordering history, but far as I could tell it doesn't.

Out of curiosity were you providing any additional tips for each drink? Perhaps this bartender was getting annoyed with getting a line through the extra tip slot all night. As a rule I throw in an extra dollar on each one and it seems to keep everyone happy.

I also can drink a metric ton of fruity drinks before I feel anything and don't show any sign of intoxication. The last cruise I was on with the unlimited package I never was questioned. I kept track on my phone of every drink I ordered (I was seeing what the benefit of the package was for me...let's just say it was worth it...) I am also a wonderer - that is I tend to move around the ship a lot and not stay in one place, grabbing a drink from whatever bar is near. I wondered if their computer would show my ordering history, but far as I could tell it doesn't.

Out of curiosity were you providing any additional tips for each drink? Perhaps this bartender was getting annoyed with getting a line through the extra tip slot all night. As a rule I throw in an extra dollar on each one and it seems to keep everyone happy.

They do keep tabs on their computer when you order. They can view your whole order of all the drink you order when they swipe your card.

I do tip extra, not every drink but I do tip the extra amount. I would also go to a different bar/area when ordering my drinks

And this was on a RC ship, not a Carnival ship.

If you like grape juice, apple juice, or oj have as much as you want. If your

drinking alcohol just sit at the bar and drink away. When you fall off the stool

you can go to sleep, but you'll miss a lot of the cruise. The bartender will cut you off when he feels your a danger to yourself or others. Cheers!

Seems I was told you had to wait five minutes before the computer would let them swipe your card again.

However, once I forgot to take my DW card with me somehow the bartender was able to override that and gave me two drinks with only one card. I had been going to the same pool bar for about two days so he knew we both had drink packages.

They do keep tabs on their computer when you order. They can view your whole order of all the drink you order when they swipe your card.

I do tip extra, not every drink but I do tip the extra amount. I would also go to a different bar/area when ordering my drinks

And this was on a RC ship, not a Carnival ship.

If you were going from bar to bar and ordering drinks very close together, it is a classic sign of someone who is sharing a drink package. Maybe the idea of having your empty glass or almost finished drink with you will keep you from being questioned.

Seems I was told you had to wait five minutes before the computer would let them swipe your card again.

However, once I forgot to take my DW card with me somehow the bartender was able to override that and gave me two drinks with only one card. I had been going to the same pool bar for about two days so he knew we both had drink packages.

They don't need to swipe your card. They can look up you/your wife by last name or cabin number. It is easier/faster for them to swipe, but they can work around it.