Sailing with 9 people under 21

Would it be possible for you to tell the OP how you book this so she can look into it?

I book through Royal Caribbean in South America. Its done often in several Countries for Quinceañeras. I cannot book with them in the US. Different rules.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I book through Royal Caribbean in South America. Its done often in several Countries for Quinceañeras. I cannot book with them in the US. Different rules.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, Royal allows that much to the dismay of others for those residents in South America. It is not allowed for those booking in North America.

I don't believe that there is any cruise line that will allow you to have cruisers under 21 in a cabin by themselves. You appear to be a veteran cruiser, so you should have known this before booking.

Granted RCI should also not have accepted the booking, but a TA would have been a terrific asset with this kind of booking.

That's a pretty sad statement about RCI's booking agents when you say a TA would have been better than going right to the cruise line.

Bill

There has to be a way around this.

Every spring and summer there are high school trips either band trips, choir trips, or some such trip.

I know for a fact there is not an adult assigned to every cabin.

How to get around this, I don’t know. Maybe Groups Dept. maybe a TA that does tons of businesses? I don’t know.

What we do know is that every cruise line out there has a waiver for almost every firm policy.

Don’t give up.

no, there isn't. high school trips are not generally on cruise ships which have much more restrictive policies than any mid range hotel on land when it comes to chaperones. and you are also incorrect that there is a waiver for every policy.

at 18, the only line these girls can go on and be in compliance with policy is Disney or Cunard., they do permit 18 year olds to sail without an adult in every cabin.

no, there isn't. high school trips are not generally on cruise ships which have much more restrictive policies than any mid range hotel on land when it comes to chaperones. and you are also incorrect that there is a waiver for every policy.

at 18, the only line these girls can go on and be in compliance with policy is Disney or Cunard., they do permit 18 year olds to sail without an adult in every cabin.

“From North American Ports”

Age restrictions are different in other countries.

Every spring and summer there are high school trips either band trips, choir trips, or some such trip.

How to get around this, I don’t know. Maybe Groups Dept. maybe a TA that does tons of businesses? I don’t know.

What we do know is that every cruise line out there has a waiver for almost every firm policy.

Don’t give up.

Those trips in the cruise ships are part of a charter group that run "Festival at Sea" music competitions.

There are tight guidelines for the number of chaperones per group size and cabins are assigned in close proximity to each other (i.e.; on the same corridor).

My daughter attended several with her concert choir. Before the trip, the students that were to compete were closely vetted by the school as to any behavior issues. Rule of conduct were written and parents and students needed to attend a presentation where the promise of the wrath of god if any violations occurred was invoked and all had to sign the agreement for conduct standards.

The competition performances are open attendance for anyone on the ship and are always well attended by passengers and crew not associated with any of the performing groups as the level of performance is high.

Don’t give up.

Can't they just marry - just a couple of them. Then they are considered adults.

(Laughing a bit here - you are an adult in all respects at the age of 18 where I live. Driving, voting, drinking, buying stuff)

You can't drink at 18 in the U.S. You can marry, but you can't drink. As for booking these 18 year olds, I think the cruise line (and the passengers) have encountered problems with unchaperoned 18 year olds in the past and they might be more strict with enforcement now.

Cruise travel planning for school groups:

http://studenttravelplanningguide.com/students-at-sea-group-cruise-possibilities/

You can't drink at 18 in the U.S. You can marry, but you can't drink. As for booking these 18 year olds, I think the cruise line (and the passengers) have encountered problems with unchaperoned 18 year olds in the past and they might be more strict with enforcement now.

Nine 18 year old recent high school graduates in a port or ports where they are all of age to visit bars??? Wow.. That to me is a responsibility I would never attempt to undertake without special planning for group excursions while in ports. While on a ship it is also very hard to see who is buying drinks for whom.

Just my opinion..

bosco

You can book cabins if you are married