Muster inside or outside on the Glory

JonathanFlorida

I apologize if this has been covered before, but I did search older threads for the info and could not find it: My family is cruising on the Glory March 17 and I wanted to know if the muster is conducted indoors (like it was for us last cruise on the Magic) or if it is outdoors?

I apologize if this has been covered before, but I did search older threads for the info and could not find it: My family is cruising on the Glory March 17 and I wanted to know if the muster is conducted indoors (like it was for us last cruise on the Magic) or if it is outdoors?

The safety drill on Glory is outside by the lifeboats. (We sailed her in November 2017.)

I'm probably the odd duck that enjoys having muster drill outside because to me it means the cruise is starting!! Sailing the Glory this Saturday (!!!), so good to know it's held outside and where. Good question, OP.

I like your attitude! I don't mind muster itself, just the long wait for people to show up (and shut up so the instructor will start). If everyone would follow the rules it would go much quicker and we would be able to get on with the cruise.

I like your attitude! I don't mind muster itself, just the long wait for people to show up (and shut up so the instructor will start). If everyone would follow the rules it would go much quicker and we would be able to get on with the cruise.

Thanks! And yes, I completely agree! If people would just arrive on time, shush, and listen, the muster drill will be done much faster and then the cruise can really start! :cool:

It’s getting a little quicker now that they scan your S&S cards.

It is a wonderful improvement over the old system of estimating who's at muster! Been making that suggestion here and on Carnival's post cruise surveys for years now.

Princess, a Carnival Corp. member, had been doing it for years, as well as other lines, Carnival is one of the last to adopt the technology.

The crew now knows exactly who didn't show and can corral them for a private safety briefing.