First cruise of the Alaska season

TheSecondSister

My sister and I are boarding HAL's Westerdam in just a few hours for the first Alaskan cruise of this year. We are going to have so much fun and if you'd like to follow along, our blog is http://twocruisingsisters.wordpress.com.

There will be photos. There will be dinner menus. There will be lots running commentary ;)

Have a great time! We loved Alaska in May, the scenery was 'more white' than it is later in the season when a lot of the snow goes away. I guess that depends what kind of winter they had though. Either way it should be fantastic!

My sister and I are boarding HAL's Westerdam in just a few hours for the first Alaskan cruise of this year. We are going to have so much fun and if you'd like to follow along, our blog is http://twocruisingsisters.wordpress.com.

There will be photos. There will be dinner menus. There will be lots running commentary ;)

Enjoy! We cruise Alaska in a month!

Oh I'm so ready to go, but I don't cruise til Sept. Oh yes, please post pictures. Sure can't wait.

Virginia

The weather is fantastic so far. We are so fortunate. We've see porpoises and whales already (check my blog for pix if you want). My sister and I are heading out for a whale watch and I hope to have some show off worthy photos. But I'll leave you with sunny, warm (52) Juneau.

1430773961422.jpg.5a95ca5a5f57e6bb7620c4cbc009b4b0.jpg

Definitely not the first cruise of the Alaskan season. Maybe for you, but not for the overall big picture.

The Westerdam was the first cruise ship to leave Seattle this year. It's the first ship into Juneau this year. The Solstice is second into Juneau by half an hour:) The Westerdam will also be the first ship into Glacier Bay this season when they arrive there. Can't speak for Sitka or Ketchikan:)

Edited by middle-aged mom

Enjoying your blog thanks so much. I sail on Celebrity Infinity from Vancouver on 7th June. Have also booked with Hank & Marv so hope the sea remains calm that day :) Enjoy the rest of your cruise.

Pat

Enjoying your blog.

We'll be on the Oosterdam's first cruise north this Sunday.

We too are booked with Harv & Marv for whale watching in Juneau. Sorry yours was cancelled, but it's good to know that safety comes first.:)

Definitely not the first cruise of the Alaskan season. Maybe for you, but not for the overall big picture.

Regardless, let them enjoy their cruise and don't be so critical!

ImageUploadedByForums1430851404.607901.jpg.87c5ea30ba7bb8987df98fb27a106364.jpg

Edited by justaims29

Love, love, love you blog. Can't wait for our cruise in September. I wanted to go in September, but I am so excited to see other pictures of the first trips to Alaska. What a wonderful time it looks like you are having :):):)

Cherry

I'm really enjoying your blog! I can't wait to read it tomorrow! Glacier Bay...should be a great day. :)

Glacier Bay was amazing, incredible, spectacular, and any other superlative you can come up with. I took 255 pictures today alone!

5-5JohnsHopkins2.jpg.2d6b697cd8dff896f03a0efe46e7f9c1.jpg