Costa Maya Beach Breaks

jbklyn88

Hi all,

Going on Indy on Saturday and need suggestions for Costa Maya. DW and I had the Chacchoben Mayan Ruins tour booked, and because of the awful tragedy last month, today RCI cancelled all tours going there. So instead we decided to book Chichen Itza when we're docked in Cozumel.

I read a few reviews on the Port boards but I feel like I can't match up the broad descriptions of excursions with Royal's own.

Has anyone ever done any of the following in Costa Maya:

Costa Maya Beach Break - CM05

All Inclusive Beach Getaway at Uvero - CMD8

Jungle Beach Break and Party Bus - CME6

ATV Jungle and Beach Adventure - CM92

Off-Road Jeep Journey to Pleasure Beach - CM77

What's worth the money? Has anyone had a bad experience on any of them?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks for the help as always!

My suggestion is to take an easy day and take a short cab ride to Tropicante. It's located in a small town just south of the port called Mahahaul. Take a second and look up Tropicante on google. I don't think you could find better service anywhere. I've been twice and can't wait until I go again.

Roadsofa

My suggestion is to take an easy day and take a short cab ride to Tropicante. It's located in a small town just south of the port called Mahahaul. Take a second and look up Tropicante on google. I don't think you could find better service anywhere. I've been twice and can't wait until I go again.

Roadsofa

Second. We were just there last week. It was outstanding. $2 per person cab ride into town. They also have a Facebook page you can check out.

Second. We were just there last week. It was outstanding. $2 per person cab ride into town. They also have a Facebook page you can check out.
I third that. We were there this past August, had a great time!

Her is a link to my review. (Not sure why it was combined with another post)

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2561398

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Thanks for all of the suggestions so far!

Was this an excursion via the ship?

My advice - do not pay for beach excursions through the ship when in Costa Maya - beach access is free and Restaurants along the beach offer food and beverages, such as Tropicante and Krazy Lobster. Have fun.

I don’t like Tropicante at all

Maybe the place is for people who are looking to “ relax” at the beach with no music and not much to do there. Is not that you are going to find music in every spot but I mean the place is not even that good at all. Internet is super slow and unreliable, chairs are old, ugly, not harmony at all, 20% of chairs one style 50% different style etc. The employees are just ok nothing special at all. They hold your spot at the beach if you email them, you have like 1 hr or loose the spot. Honestly, you won’t loose your spot, the place was completely empty from 9am to 12pm, it gets a little bit busy from 12pm-2pm but that’s is. There are way better spots in that beach but most people don’t explore it and go directly to Tropicante like I did once.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don’t like Tropicante at all

Maybe the place is for people who are looking to “ relax” at the beach with no music and not much to do there. Is not that you are going to find music in every spot but I mean the place is not even that good at all. Internet is super slow and unreliable, chairs are old, ugly, not harmony at all, 20% of chairs one style 50% different style etc. The employees are just ok nothing special at all. They hold your spot at the beach if you email them, you have like 1 hr or loose the spot. Honestly, you won’t loose your spot, the place was completely empty from 9am to 12pm, it gets a little bit busy from 12pm-2pm but that’s is. There are way better spots in that beach but most people don’t explore it and go directly to Tropicante like I did once.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The chairs not matching won't bother us, as long as they're clean and slow wi-fi isn't an issue. We're not there to sit on our phones :)

We enjoyed the Maya Chan all-inclusive beach club a few months ago.

No, this is a private excursion, you book it right on the Maya Chan website.

I also recommend the Maya Chan Beach Club in Costa Maya. Been there last year and had a great time. Have reservations to visit again in early February and again in March. Make reservations early, as they limit the number of guests.

we are going to Jaimies Bluereef next month-

I have not been there yet but the reviews on trip advisor look promising.

We have booked Jaimies Bluereef as well, booked through Shorefox.

Friends have been there and said it was absolutely amazing!!! Can't wait :)

I don't understand why RCI would cancel the ruins tour because of the bus crash a few weeks ago. We are doing this tour but through Native Choice. Accidents happen unfortunately. We saw they get good reviews. I would go with them and cancel the Chitchen Itza tour in Cozumel. It's a very long trip to see the ruins for about an hour. Go have a beach day on Cozumel.

Don't pre-pay or overpay for anything.

You don't know what the weather will be like that day.

One visit it was overcast and rained most of the day, not really beach weather.

Just take the shuttle bus into town.

There are dozens of small beach Rest/Bar establishments all down the street.

Check them out and pick the one you like, they are all very good.

Costa Maya was probably the best value in the Caribbean...

Good advice above - the weather is suspect this time of year and who knows if you want a beach day until the day you get there (we had a beach day in Cozumel at Mr. Sanchos the next day, visited 12/17). Water not exactly warm in January either. We did Native Choice to see the ruins (great tour, drivers, guide at the site); hour away but they use vans with seatbelts and we never felt uncomfortable/unsafe on ride to site (plus almost two hours at site - not rushed). Any ruins tour from Cozumel is a very long day (ferry off of the Island) and limited time at the ruins. As far as the Port - I have never seen one designed as much as this one with the sole purpose of trapping you in; it is a maze to find your way out (we knew that before going).

Edited by CelticMCO
update information

We loved Maya Chan and I would go there again if we ever visit Costa Maya. It's the best value for the $ you will find on your vacation. The ride to/from is a little rough, but well worth the few minutes it takes.

It was a long few minutes, I'd say closer to 20 minutes.

We tried to book Maya Chan last year but they were full. They recommend Pez Quadro affiliated with 40 Canones Hotel. It was quiet with no extra activities, but the service, meal, and beach chairs were excellent.

+1, Just this last week. Except they do now offer extra activities. I booked the wife and I a massage (or 2 for her ;p ) and a snorkeling excursion. They also offer a couple fishing packages. Open bar and lunch are included so we plan to make a mostly lazy day of it.