Canvas wedge espanrilles - where?

Milaandra

I do see canvas wedge heeled sandals in stores, but one or two, in the wrong colours or not in my size. I like them...they tend to be comfortable and summery. (I liked them back in the 70's too! :D)

Does anyone know where to find a selection? I'm close to the border, so both Canadian and upstate New York stores are good for me.

I love wedges....especially for outdoor venues....you can walk on uneven ground easily, while still getting the "look" of heels....

This year, tho, they seem to be hard to find, if they don't have that "gladiator" look, which I absolutely HATE!

I love wedges....especially for outdoor venues....you can walk on uneven ground easily, while still getting the "look" of heels....

This year, tho, they seem to be hard to find, if they don't have that "gladiator" look, which I absolutely HATE!

I hate the gladiator look also. I had hoped it would be gone this summer, but it appears to be back stronger than ever. Most of those shoes look good only on long, slender legs. They surely don't look good on my legs.

Easy Spirit has canvas wedgies. Check Zappos also.

I was just at DSW looking for shoes for a wedding (pair I love are too high - dang short groom is requiring all attendants wear low heels:mad:) Anyway - they have a few styles online; not sure if there are any stores within reasonable driving distance for you.

For leather shoes, I'm comfortable ordering online - but for canvas, not so much - I find they're harder to get a nice fit on my feet and I want to try them on....

This one is so cute! http://www.dsw.com/dsw_shoes/catalog/product.jsp?productRef=SEARCH&category=&prodId=202561

I am in total agreement on loving wedges. The nicest canvas pair I found-closed toe-grey with white embroidery on them, and the straw wedge...well I got them at Payless 2 years ago...on the island of St. Thomas for 12.99. I love them.

I do see canvas wedge heeled sandals in stores, but one or two, in the wrong colours or not in my size. I like them...they tend to be comfortable and summery. (I liked them back in the 70's too! :D)

Does anyone know where to find a selection? I'm close to the border, so both Canadian and upstate New York stores are good for me.

I ordered these and I love them. Newport-news.com

shoes.jpg.735cf5d055d6c6df30849608b6c6e4af.jpg

i hope you can see these if not here's the link

http://www.newport-news.com/shop/product_single.aspx?style_id=36133273&index=34&gp_coll_id=7516&gp_cat_id=7517&nav_cat_id=5039&category_id=8748

I found this site a while ago. espadrilles welcome to espadrillesetc.com I haven't purchased from them, but they have some cute and unusual styles!

wow...they do have some cute ones on here. Only issue I found is every pair I picked out has a no refund or exchange policy. Might be because the ones I looked at are all on sale, but still yikes. Zappos has me spoiled.

I found this site a while ago. espadrilles welcome to espadrillesetc.com I haven't purchased from them, but they have some cute and unusual styles!

:)I have never seen such cute shoes anywhere, thanks for sharing this website. Unfortunately we leave in a couple days for our Seabourn Cruise and not time to order (DH very glad about that). But I will keep this site in mind for future purchases of much needed cute shoes.

WOW...some of these are VERY CUTE!!!:D....thanks for the link.

I am going to have scroll through it again and see if I can find

a pair.:)

Hi, I ended up finding a good selection of cheap ones! Payless in the U.S. has all sorts of choices between $17 and $27...which is all I feel like paying for shoes that I know I won't be able to keep nice for long! :cool:

Hi, I ended up finding a good selection of cheap ones! Payless in the U.S. has all sorts of choices between $17 and $27...which is all I feel like paying for shoes that I know I won't be able to keep nice for long! :cool:

Success, until the next shoe search. Why is it that the US Payless stores seem to have more and better priced shoes than the Canadian Payless:D

• 2 weeks later...
I'm probably going to end up buying these, in black, of course! I like the leather upper and rope wedge. They're from Vera Wang Lavendar.

http://www1.bloomingdales.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=468707&PseudoCat=se-xx-xx-xx.esn_results

1045339_fpx.tif?wid=173&qlt=90,0&layer=comp&op_sharpen=0&resMode=bilin&op_usm=0.7,1.0,0.5,0&fmt=jpeg

Hi Jane,:) if she had some with a heel that was 1/2 that size I would

look at them. I don't feel good in a heel that high. And its all about

comfort and looking good;).

I agree Lois, comfort is key. And you know we NYers walk a lot! So I can't buy shoes I can't walk in all day.

These are high, however, the thick sole under the ball of the foot balances them out and they feel only half as high as they look.

I leave in 11 days for my 2 night cruise to no where on the Celebrity's new Eclipse! :)

Archived