NYC Port Parking

Anyone have any information on the parking situation for the port? Is it close? easy to get a spot? price? any information is appreciated!! Would we be better off taking a car service (4 people from LI)?

Its right next to the ship, can't get any more easy than that

Getting to is very easy, at least from PA

Price $40.00 a night

Super easy. Have done it a few times. One note - did have my car moves while we were at sea. Turned out we were there during fleet week and they had to move several cars for parking purposes. A panicky moment after getting off the ship but found it after a few minutes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Forums mobile app

Anyone have any information on the parking situation for the port? Is it close? easy to get a spot? price? any information is appreciated!! Would we be better off taking a car service (4 people from LI)?

We have an excellent car service company that we always take from Nassau County,South Shore. The drivers are always on time ,very friendly ,very considerate .

We were 6 people on one ride and the fee was not any higher than when we were 4 even though there was more luggage.

If you want the name and location ,respond to this post and I will also give you the name of our favorite driver ,although all are equally good.

Super easy. Have done it a few times. One note - did have my car moves while we were at sea. Turned out we were there during fleet week and they had to move several cars for parking purposes. A panicky moment after getting off the ship but found it after a few minutes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Forums mobile app

How? You don't leave your key. We parked during fleet week, when we got back we had to walk to the next pier, where we parked the previous Saturday.

We've used it before, plenty of spots and you walk right down to the terminal. That being said if you can get a car service for around the $280 it would cost to park there for a week why drive!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

We've used it before, plenty of spots and you walk right down to the terminal. That being said if you can get a car service for around the $280 it would cost to park there for a week why drive!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Our Car Service will charge less than $280

We take the LIRR to Penn Station & grab a cab from there. We're not very far east in LI tho so depending on where you are, may not be an option. Also depends on how many bags you have, we don't overpack lol

The LIRR is referring to itself as The Summer Of Hell. I was in Manhattan last week and it was a mess .

I personally like to relax and take the Car service that I use ,Granted it is a lot more to spend that LIRR and taxi costs but I do not have to worry about delays .

Another factor is that the LIRR at times is like being on a NYC subway ,very crowded and at times the AC does not work.

The LIRR is referring to itself as The Summer Of Hell. I was in Manhattan last week and it was a mess .

I personally like to relax and take the Car service that I use ,Granted it is a lot more to spend that LIRR and taxi costs but I do not have to worry about delays .

Another factor is that the LIRR at times is like being on a NYC subway ,very crowded and at times the AC does not work.

Like I said, depends on where on the island you are, how far you have to go. I took it past Sunday & it was fine (though very happy I don't take on a daily basis anymore) it was on time & not as crowded as I expected. The line we take, especially early on a Sunday in November, is not very crowded so no problem getting a seat & having space for baggage, and no AC needed.