FYI new military program finally

cacy6893076

My son is active military.............princess disbanded it s military rates in 2009 much to the dismay of many...i have not been on the site alot lately so if not discussed before the new military beniefit program is in place apparently they were re -working/thinking it.....it offers on board credit for retired/active military etc.....don't forget to ask about it//////// Best to all

My son is active military.............princess disbanded it s military rates in 2009 much to the dismay of many...i have not been on the site alot lately so if not discussed before the new military beniefit program is in place apparently they were re -working/thinking it.....it offers on board credit for retired/active military etc.....don't forget to ask about it//////// Best to all

Cacy,

As far as I know its still in place.

With Princess to get the lilitary discount you always had to book through an Interline Agency.

Is there something new coming out? :)

Hey Colo, some agencies like usaa(son at peterson afb in colo springs) may still have have military rates interline.....but as far as princess is concerned re bookings it works much like shareholder bennies.............new as of about a month ago just wanted folks to know the obcredit program exists whether you book interline or not..... of course they expect "proof" of service/retired service

you can get get it no matter how /who you book through.....process similar to submitting "proof" / proxy of shareholder statements for ccl ....

BTW Daughter had a blast at invesco yesterday for the cu/csu game,,,,,reports pretty hot at mile high

Hey Colo, some agencies like usaa(son at peterson afb in colo springs) may still have have military rates interline.....but as far as princess is concerned re bookings it works much like shareholder bennies.............new as of about a month ago just wanted folks to know the obcredit program exists whether you book interline or not..... of course they expect "proof" of service/retired service

you can get get it no matter how /who you book through.....process similar to submitting "proof" / proxy of shareholder statements for ccl ....

Great to hear!! Thanks. :D

cacy6893076,

Do you have any additional information on the program? Do we contact Princess directly for the OB credit or does our TA have to advise Princess of DH's military service? Will his/our military ID card(s) suffice as proof of his service? Please extend our thanks to your son for his service. Many thanks!

I called Princess yesterday and verified this. The Princess agent said to write to Princess Yield Management and give them your Booking Number, Ship, Sailing date and include Proof of Service. The address for Yield Management is 24844 Ave. Rockefeller, Santa Clarita, Ca. 91355. For my 14 day cruise in December I will receive $250 OBC.

I called Princess yesterday and verified this. The Princess agent said to write to Princess Yield Management and give them your Booking Number, Ship, Sailing date and include Proof of Service. The address for Yield Management is 24844 Ave. Rockefeller, Santa Clarita, Ca. 91355. For my 14 day cruise in December I will receive $250 OBC.

Wonder if they have a fax number.....we sail in 12 days.

Wonder if they have a fax number.....we sail in 12 days.

I found the shareholders report which has Yield Managements contact info. You may want to call the phone number though and confirm the OBC for Military Discount before faxing your information though.

Tel: 800-872-6779

Fax: 661-753-0151

Let us know what you find out. I'm sure there are many people that will be interested in this!

~K

I found the shareholders report which has Yield Managements contact info. You may want to call the phone number though and confirm the OBC for Military Discount before faxing your information though.

Tel: 800-872-6779

Fax: 661-753-0151

Let us know what you find out. I'm sure there are many people that will be interested in this!

~K

You beat me to it. I did find out that you were supposed to contact your TA. I talked to Princess first and there is a program that gives additional OBC. I will get $100 for our 10 day cruise. The TA had me fax directly to the fax number you listed. I had to fax our names, sailing and ship, booking # and proof of service. Put attn Princess Cruises Yield Management. Cruise OBC varied by cruise length.....under (dont remember if there is a minium) 6 days got $50, up to 14 got $100, and over 14 got $250. :)

I just phone Princess Customer Service. They were clueless about this program, and would not release a phone number for Yield Management. I am simply taking a shot in the dark and faxing the information (not sure exactly what is required for proof of service) to Yield Management. I'll let you know if anything comes of this.

It's great that Princess is doing this. It's exasperating that no one there seems to know about it.

I just phone Princess Customer Service. They were clueless about this program, and would not release a phone number for Yield Management. I am simply taking a shot in the dark and faxing the information (not sure exactly what is required for proof of service) to Yield Management. I'll let you know if anything comes of this.

It's great that Princess is doing this. It's exasperating that no one there seems to know about it.

Will be waiting to hear how this turns out. Sure hope it does work for retirees.

The person I spoke to at Princess knew about it. But they told me to talk to my TA. Who in turn after talking to Princess had me fax the info. I requested email confirmation of receipt of the fax.....but have received nothing so far. There is nothing listed for OBC on my personalizer either.

Archived