New Points System Made Simple

The way C&A arrived at the points is they took everyone's current number of cruise credits starting with 8..........multiplied by 7 and then added 13.

So, some got more points and some got less points based on their current cruise history.

Going forward it will be actual number of nights sailed and doubled if in a JS cabin or above.

Edit:

For those with 1-4 credits, it's (# of credits x 7) + 1

For those with 5-7 credits, it's (# of credits x 7) + 3

Edited by cruisenfever

The way C&A arrived at the points is they took everyone's current number of cruise credits..........multiplied by 7 and then added 13.

So, some got more points and some got less points based on their current cruise history.

Going forward it will be actual number of nights sailed and doubled if in a JS cabin or above.

Just commented on the other thread but I don't think this is the case on all level. A gold member with 4 credits has 29 points now according to a conversation I had this am with someone. 4 X 7= 28 and they got 29 not 41.

The formula doesn't work until you get to 8 cruise credits

1-4 = credits x 7 plus 1

5-7 = credits x 7 plus 3

8+ = credits x 7 plus 13:)

Thank you for the explanation. Seems the rep left out that part!:o I went back and edited my original post to reflect 8 cruise credits.

Edited by cruisenfever

Well, that's what I was told by C&A this morning. They used the same formula for everyone.

Apparently, the formula shown in the initial post is only true for those with 8 or more cruise credits under the original system.

Actually, I don't think that RCCL multiplied the number of cruises times 7 and then added 13. I think that they added up the number of cruise nights on cruises taken during the past 10 years (they don't appear to be able to recall my cruise history before that!), and then added 13. I suspect that the 13 point "bonus" was added to make RCCL appear to be generous, and/or to cover up for their data limitations.

Tom

Well, that's what I was told by C&A this morning. They used the same formula for everyone.

Then lets consider it in it's simplest form.

One cruise credit now equals 8 cruise points.

Not 1 x 7 +13

Like I said in the other post, it was easier to figure out than explain with the conversion "formula" and the reason those lower levels didn't make sense.

They made sure those 1 point away from a new level were still 1 cruise away from a new level.

And since Diamond is a little farther away, they added Emerald to the mix.

Edited by EVALUATOR

The formula doesn't work until you get to 8 cruise credits

1-4 = credits x 7 plus 1

5-7 = credits x 7 plus 3

8+ = credits x 7 plus 13:)

Thanks for the explanation. Now I see what you meant by those of us having 7 credits are mostly effected. :( But hey, I'll be emerald after my next cruise. :rolleyes:

Apparently, the formula shown in the initial post is only true for those with 8 or more cruise credits under the original system.

Thank you for the info........I went back and edited my original post to incorporate what you have posted here.

Can someone help me understand this a little better?

I've been on one cruise with RCI. I see the 8 points. My next cruise is in August and I'm book in a GS for 7 nights. What should my total points be after that cruise and how does the formula look like? I want to make sure I'm credited properly after my trip. Thanks so much!!

Our posts crossed.:D

You should know better than quoting C&A.

Didn't they say you didn't see the sign?:D

Yeah, you would think that after all this time I would know better. But, your math was way over my head!:p I definitely needed the "simple" math version

Edited by cruisenfever

Can someone help me understand this a little better?

I've been on one cruise with RCI. I see the 8 points. My next cruise is in August and I'm book in a GS for 7 nights. What should my total points be after that cruise and how does the formula look like? I want to make sure I'm credited properly after my trip. Thanks so much!!

22 points

The way C&A arrived at the points is they took everyone's current number of cruise credits starting with 8..........multiplied by 7 and then added 13.

Just checked my numbers and presto, changeo, bingo. Thanks for the easy solution.

Edited by Puffinater

That formula worked for me... was Diamond Plus w/29 cruise credits, now am still Diamond Plus w/216 cruise points!

I don't really think I will ever make it to the Pinnacle Level as I do cruise other lines, but not too worried about it because prior to the change Diamond Plus was the top tier & nothing has really change for me...:cool: