TV star Indy the Magic Dog on Holland America!

Indy's Mom

Hello, I'm Indy's mom, Margaux.

I have decided to join Cruise Critic to answer questions regarding Indy and Jeff's whereabouts and show information. Thank you all for your wonderful comments on CC as well as your Facebook posts.

Jeff and Indy are going to be on Holland America's Veendam sailing from New York to Bermuda until October 16th. They will then go back to the Zuiderdam where the Animal Planet show for "Dogs 101" was filmed. Come join them in November until April to sail the Caribbean and Panama Canal. They will NOT be on the Zuiderdam January 6-16, 2012.

The "Dogs 101" show about the Coton de Tulear with Indy, Jeff and me airs monthly on Discovery Channel's "Animal Planet." There are two up-coming episodes on August 6th and August 13th. The listings can be found at: http://animal.discovery.com/tv-schedules

If you want to see Indy's adorable photos and videos and keep updated on her animated children's show which is in the works with some VERY well-regarded professionals within the children's animation industry, please become a fan at: Facebook.com/IndyShow

Thank you again for your interest in Indy and Jeff and all of your kind comments and compliments. They are genuinely appreciated. We hope to see you again or meet you soon on one of our next cruises with Holland America.

All the best!

Margaux, Indy's Mom

We met you all on the Zuiderdam in November 2010. In fact, my husband was one of the audience participants on two of Jeff's shows. I said if it continued, you'd have to make him part of your act! LOL! We are the folks with 2 Maltese boys. Thanks for joining CC so that we may keep in touch. I also have "friended" you on FB.

Thank you all for your sweet comments. Do you think I placed this note in the best place on the board? I am a total newbie to this.

Krazy Kruizers,

Indy is a GIRL and she has more formals on the ship than her mom! ~

Be sure to come see us and introduce yourselves.

We like to go to the Ocean Bar and sit in a corner booth were Indy can hold court and try to get people to pet her. She LOVES when people stop to give her cuddles. ~

Here is my daughter Becky with Indy in June on the Veendam.

That is a great pic :) Both look great icon14.gif

Now I have to say I have never heard of Indy before till this thread. I am a huge Dog lover. In 35 years of marriage we have had more Toy Poodles than I can remember.... well actually if I thought about it I could remember them all but we have had a lot of 4 legged children that have pass on thru the years. I would definitely love to meet Indy but does not sound like she will be on the HAL ships I will be on. Up next is Oosterdam, then Westerdam March 18th.

DH and I met Indy two weeks ago on the Veendam. Have to agree with all that's been said. She is sweet, fluffy white and precious. The show is a very entertaining combination of magic and comedy. We thoroughly enjoyed it ! :D

What is her breed again ? I don't think it was a poodle. I thought Jeff told us it was something else.

Thank you all for your sweet comments. Do you think I placed this note in the best place on the board? I am a total newbie to this.

Krazy Kruizers' date='

Indy is a GIRL and she has more formals on the ship than her mom! ~[/quote']

I'm not KK, but this is definitely the best place to post this info IMO:) Thanks so much:D

Hello All.

We are again in Hamilton, Bermuda on board the Veendam skirting hurricane conditions. It is all in a day's "work" if you call what we do work.

We loved to see the greetings from you all and the wonderful picture. I'll see if Jeff can't help me to find a nice picture to include of Indy with Jeff for this thread.

Indy is a COTON DE TULEAR. Her breed is from Madagascar. If you are interested in adding a furry friend to your family, we can't recommend a better new family member than a coton.

We just saw that Animal Planet is going to air the coton in an episode of "Dogs 101" with a heading of traveling companions or good traveling pets. We are wondering if this is a repeat or a reworked show with different footage. If any of you kind folks are of a mind to tune in on August 13, we'd love to know if they are showing the same old show or a new one. Being at sea, you know we don't have access to all the networks. AND, online, at least for the last show, we were cut out of the footage because we were the human interest part of the show, not really breed specific information. Thank you in advance to you if anyone can see what they are now showing. If you go on Discovery's website, you can find the channel guide for Animal Planet's "Dogs 101."

Indy and Jeff do their show tonight. It is always a treat even for me to watch.

All the best to you all.

~ Margaux

Indy's Mom

DW and I saw Indy and Jeff on the Veendam on June 19-26 cruise.

Wjhat a great show. Indy is adorable especially bringing out props and appearing in unexpected places and Jeff is a spectacular magician, especially with his amazing card trick of calling cards from two individuals on opposite sides of the stage and the grand finale of the stupifying table levitation and off-the-stage levitation.

It souns simplistic but you just have to see it to believe it.

Continued safe journeys.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest LoveMyBoxer

Just of the Veendam today. We LOVED Jeff and Indy's show. Saw Jeff and Indy throughout the ship and Indy gives the sweetest kisses! She looked very elegant with her red dress on formal night! DS was upset that I forgot to buy him the Indy stuffed animal and DVD. Will now have to search to buy it online! Thank Indy and Jeff for a great show!

My DW and I are booked on the 11 Panama Canal leaving October 24th. I knew that they had alot to do on board, but I had no idea this was going to be on the cruise. What time of day is the show and where on the ship. If you aren't sure, I will check for it as soon as we are aboard, since I definitley want to see it.

That is a great pic :) Both look great icon14.gif

Now I have to say I have never heard of Indy before till this thread. I am a huge Dog lover. In 35 years of marriage we have had more Toy Poodles than I can remember.... well actually if I thought about it I could remember them all but we have had a lot of 4 legged children that have pass on thru the years. I would definitely love to meet Indy but does not sound like she will be on the HAL ships I will be on. Up next is Oosterdam, then Westerdam March 18th.

LISA

I am glad to hear that with 35 years of Marriage and all those dogs that your marriage did not "go to the dogs."

HIMSELF

I am so intrigued! I had not heard of Indy either, but have just found you on Faceook and will become a fan! I tried to access the link to the schedule because I would love to be onboard with Indy someday.

We have a Bichon (Molly) who, depending on the cut, often reminds me of the Coton. The major difference is size and, of course, the Bichon's curly hair as opposed to the straighter, cottony feel of the Coton.

I have to watch for Indy! Sounds like a wonderful show. Thanks for posting:).

Hello All.

Aren't you all so kind with your comments. And thank you Aliaschef (or was it Aliaschief?) for posting the video. I'm blonde and didn't think to do that.

I was visiting my folks last week and saw Indy dancing in the disco in a totally different show about dogs for active lifestyles. The coton was not featured, just her dancing. I am still hoping to see how she is featured in the episode about dogs that travel well.

For you bichon owners , the coton de tulear is a close relative to the bichon.

For all you folks who have an interest in the Veendam, the captain is having us leave Bermuda a day early to return to New York by Saturday. People will be allowed to stay on or disembark early. Holland America is being very good about taking care of people to the best of their ability.

All the best to you all. If you want friends to see the Zuiderdam and Jeff and Indy and me, they will air the special on Animal Planet's "Dogs 101" on September 4th. They sure are getting their money's worth out of recycling our footage. They SHOULD! They spent 3 days on board with us filming our every move!

~ Margaux

Archived