Carnival shares and OBC

bobpell

Discovered you have to provide proof of share ownership that is within 6 months of when you contact Seattle prior to your cruise.

We are Maasdam bound on April 1 and forwarded all the paper work to HAL in Seattle on March fifth. In the paperwork was my original confirmation of purchase of 100 shares dated July, 2012.

Email came back asking for proof of ownership with a date no older than 6 months from the time that I applied.

Keep that in mind to prevent scrambling like I did!!

My shares are listed on my banking web-site so I can print off the info on-line and forward to HAL with the account # etc whited out.

You can also make copies of any statement you get so you have these on hand prior to a trip. Just less hassle all round.

I don't believe a TA will handle that for you..........usually you have to send that proof direct to HAL, "World Cruise Reservations" for their approval, see below:

To apply for this shipboard credit, guests should submit proof of ownership (statement of shares, letter from Carnival or financial advisor) stating how many shares are owned, and who the shareholder(s) is/are. A minimum of 100 shares of CCL stock must be held in order to be eligible for the shipboard credit incentive. Acceptable proof: A brokers statement from the last 6 months, A proxy card from the last year or a letter from your broker from the last month.

Good luck

If I understand OP correctly, sending in the transaction confirmation is not acceptable? I must also send in the monthly broker's statement? I sent in the transaction confirmation last weekend and have not yet heard from HAL. Should I wait to hear from them or just send in the broker's statement?

I don't believe a TA will handle that for you..........

Sure they will---at least some will. Mine does it for every cruise. I do have to send her my monthly statement every once in a while, but that's good for more than one cruise. She just holds on to it and submits for each cruise as the time approaches.

Then she sends me a new confirmation showing my total on-board credits.

You can use the transaction confirmation IF it's less than 6months old. The first time i ever requested the stockholder OBC, i did so 2 days after purchasing my stock so all i had was the purchase transaction confirmation. OP's confirmation statement was MORE than 6 months old. That's why he needed to send in additional proof that was newer.

I have always gotten confirmation back from Holland America by the next business day after sending in my proof of ownership and request for the stockholder OBC. I also always ASK that they email me confirmation.

I just faxed them Monday morning a screen print of my E*Trade account along with a cover sheet with the additional info they request (ship, sailing date, reservation number). In my cover sheet, I asked that they email me confirmation. Tuesday morning, I received that email confirmation.

I don't believe a TA will handle that for you..........usually you have to send that proof direct to HAL, "World Cruise Reservations" for their approval, see below:

To apply for this shipboard credit, guests should submit proof of ownership (statement of shares, letter from Carnival or financial advisor) stating how many shares are owned, and who the shareholder(s) is/are. A minimum of 100 shares of CCL stock must be held in order to be eligible for the shipboard credit incentive. Acceptable proof: A brokers statement from the last 6 months, A proxy card from the last year or a letter from your broker from the last month.

Good luck

We have been doing this since we bought the stock many years ago.

When we made fnal payment in January, we sent our TA a copy of the statement from our stock broker -- just like we have done before -- and our TA sends them a fax of it.

And as soon as she gets the confirmation -- she sends us a copy showing all the various shipboard credits that we are entitles to.

Has never been a problem.

I faxed mine on Friday morning and the credit appeared in my account

that afternoon. However, I never received an email confirming that it was

posted. In case of a problem, I printed out my account showing it on there and will bring with me on cruise as well as the paperwork and confirmation the fax went through.Wonder why I didn't get the confirmation email.(I booked direct with HAL).

Now Princess on the other hand is so slow .I sent in information three weeks ago and nothing. I called, they said never received even though I had the confirmation it went through. Sent it again a few days ago and still nothing.It is so frustrating dealing with them.

I faxed mine on Friday morning and the credit appeared in my account

that afternoon. However, I never received an email confirming that it was

posted. In case of a problem, I printed out my account showing it on there and will bring with me on cruise as well as the paperwork and confirmation the fax went through.Wonder why I didn't get the confirmation email.(I booked direct with HAL).

Now Princess on the other hand is so slow .I sent in information three weeks ago and nothing. I called, they said never received even though I had the confirmation it went through. Sent it again a few days ago and still nothing.It is so frustrating dealing with them.

Where in our account would that show up? I checked mine, but I can't find where OBC's would be shown.

Thank you cabinluvn - followed your example and, bingo, the confirmation appeared in my e-mail box. For any others who may be searching for the OBC in the online account, I was told that it would show up as you perform the online check in.

If you booked thru a TA, you will not be able to see your OBC on your booking online. However, your TA can. If you have a TA, ask them to send you the Guest Copy of the Booking Confirmation from Holland America. This will show any and all OBC's on your reservation.

If you booked thru a TA, you will not be able to see your OBC on your booking online. However, your TA can. If you have a TA, ask them to send you the Guest Copy of the Booking Confirmation from Holland America. This will show any and all OBC's on your reservation.

Although I booked through a TA (HAL doesn't show those OBC's), I sent the Carnival Corp documents directly to HAL, and they do confirm those OBC's online. Thanks for your help.

I have always gotten confirmation back from Holland America by the next business day after sending in my proof of ownership and request for the stockholder OBC. I also always ASK that they email me confirmation.

I have never had e-mail confirmation, but I have never asked, so thanks for the tip.

Good news

I found a Dec. 2012 copy of my investment portfolio which I sent last week for the Maasdam April 1

Got an email last night that the $100 obc will be in my stateroom acct!!

LearneD a valuable lesson to submit a notice of ownership not over 6 months old

Thanks everyone for your input

Bobpell

Good news

I found a Dec. 2012 copy of my investment portfolio which I sent last week for the Maasdam April 1

Got an email last night that the $100 obc will be in my stateroom acct!!

LearneD a valuable lesson to submit a notice of ownership not over 6 months old

Thanks everyone for your input

Bobpell

Glad you got your credit. It makes sense that HAL would want a current statement. I always send in a current one since I buy and sell stocks all the time and it was just easier to do that, but its good to know about the 6 month rule.

If I understand OP correctly, sending in the transaction confirmation is not acceptable? I must also send in the monthly broker's statement? I sent in the transaction confirmation last weekend and have not yet heard from HAL. Should I wait to hear from them or just send in the broker's statement?

just got back from a 56 day back to back to back on the Statendam.. 3 days before sailing I bought the CCL shares.. faxed the confirmation in 3 separate Booking # requests all at the same time to HAL.. the day we sailed--Jan 18th-- I called HAL while onboard the ship in Ft Laud.. I gave the booking numbers and was advised they approved all three.. they did me good.. got $250 per cruise-booking # --- total $750 for the three... then for the 'fun part'...had to scramble while on the Statendam for them to post to my account.. gave the name and dept I spoke to at HAL-Seattle.. told them to email Seattle.. they did.. all was well... BTW I don't like to scramble but while onboard and dealing with the front office it's the nature of the beast.. every HAL ship is the same.. the right hand doesn't know what the left is doing.. gotta followup until they get it right..

Great customer service from HAL - you're lucky they gave you the OBC since one of the Shareholder Benefit reuirments is that

"...applications to receive these benefits should be made at least two weeks prior to cruise departure date."

• 5 months later...
You can use the transaction confirmation IF it's less than 6months old. The first time i ever requested the stockholder OBC, i did so 2 days after purchasing my stock so all i had was the purchase transaction confirmation. OP's confirmation statement was MORE than 6 months old. That's why he needed to send in additional proof that was newer.

I just faxed them Monday morning a screen print of my E*Trade account along with a cover sheet with the additional info they request (ship, sailing date, reservation number). In my cover sheet, I asked that they email me confirmation. Tuesday morning, I received that email confirmation.

What fax number, and ATTN: to whom do you send the confirmation of shares? Thanks.

Here is the HAL info from above website:

HOLLAND AMERICA LINE

World Cruise Reservations

300 Elliott Avenue West

Seattle, WA 98119

Tel 800 522 3399

Fax 206 281 0627

Please provide by fax or by mail your name, reservation number, ship and sailing date, along with proof of ownership of Carnival Corporation or Carnival plc shares (for example, photocopy of shareholder proxy card, shares certificate or a current brokerage or nominee statement with your brokerage account number blacked out) to your travel agent or to the cruise line.

What fax number, and ATTN: to whom do you send the confirmation of shares? Thanks.

Current as of March 27, 2013:

"Please note that in order to protect our guest’s privacy, we no longer encourage sending financial information via email. Your next CCL shareholder benefit request can be sent by fax or mail to the following:

Mailing Address: Holland America Line, Attention WCR, 300 Elliott Ave W, Seattle, WA 98119

Fax: 206-281-0627"

email from

World Cruise Reservations Agent

Holland America Line

PHONE: 800 522 3399

World_Cruise_Reservations@HollandAmerica.com

Archived