New benefit. 3 free drinks nightly.

Looks like a change for the better finally. It came about a week ago but I'm just getting to email.

YOUR ONBOARD LOUNGE BENEFITS JUST GOT BETTER

We are excited to introduce an expanded Crown & Anchor Society benefit for you during your upcoming cruise! In addition to the nightly receptions at the Diamond Lounge and the Concierge Lounge (for our Diamond Plus and Pinnacle guests), you now have the flexibility to enjoy happy hour at a wide variety of bars onboard.

Your SeaPass Card will be pre-loaded with three complimentary drink vouchers for each night of the sailing, which can be used during nightly lounge hours. Toast your way around the ship, on us!

This expanded benefit will be slowly rolled out across the entire fleet by Fall. Kindly note, drinks vouchers are not valid in the main dining room, the Windjammer Café or in any of our specialty restaurants, and expire daily.*

Edited by shand32783

Anyone get this message? Looks like a change for the better finally.

We are excited to introduce an expanded Crown & Anchor Society benefit for you during your upcoming cruise! In addition to the nightly receptions at the Diamond Lounge and the Concierge Lounge (for our Diamond Plus and Pinnacle guests), you now have the flexibility to enjoy happy hour at a wide variety of bars onboard.

Your SeaPass Card will be pre-loaded with three complimentary drink vouchers for each night of the sailing, which can be used during nightly lounge hours. Toast your way around the ship, on us!

This expanded benefit will be slowly rolled out across the entire fleet by Fall. Kindly note, drinks vouchers are not valid in the main dining room, the Windjammer Café or in any of our specialty restaurants, and expire daily.*

This has been on trial for several months on some ships. There are other posts on it, but is currently select ships. It was designed to prevent overcrowding in lounges, and allow Diamond and above to have drinks with other cruisers that don't have those privileges.

Still being rolled out, but all should have by later this year.

Agree it's a great benefit !!!!!!!!

Edited by Spurschick

We were on the Navigator in mid May and didn't do it on our cruise. Although, we heard it happened on the Navigator in March. Part of the trial run suppose.

Edited by denamo

Looks like a change for the better finally. It came about a week ago but I'm just getting to email.

What Ship/Cruise?

We will be on the Freedom in Dec. and I understand they already have it. I like the voucher system but we won't get the snacks that were so good in the Diamond Lounge.

You still have the option of going to the DL if you want the snacks.

We will be on the Freedom in Dec. and I understand they already have it. I like the voucher system but we won't get the snacks that were so good in the Diamond Lounge.

Yea, don't want to miss out on MORE food just before dinner..... :rolleyes: Seriously, we did not touch the snacks very often because most of the time we were still somewhat full from lunch. Eating more snacks would spoil dinner for us...

WOW! You have been away from Cruise Critic for a year! Welcome back!

This has been discussed extensively:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2060125

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2055248

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2059707

:)

Ya know I had gone back about 7 pages on the board and didn't see anything. =) I even searched 3 free drinks and didn't get a hit.

I was so excited to actually see positive news for a change.

Thank you all.

I really like this new benefit because it allows us to enjoy drinks with friends who aren't Diamond/Diamond Plus.

Anyone have an idea what "Happy Hours" are for the new vouchers?

I really like this new benefit because it allows us to enjoy drinks with friends who aren't Diamond/Diamond Plus.

Also is there a list of what ships are using this system now?

From what others have posted about the voucher program, there is a set menu of drink choices that mirror those in the DL and CL. Read you will have a list outlining the program in your stateroom.

From what others have posted, believe the hours are the same as in the DL and CL.

Same as the DL, usually 5pm to 8:30pm if traditional dinner is 6pm and 8:30pm.

Also is there a list of what ships are using this system now?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2059707

Edited by clarea
Fixed traditional dinner typo

I believe that they are the same hours that the DL and CL serve free drinks.:)

I know they don't very often give people changing status to say Diamond mid cruise the benefits of going to the DL - I wonder however if they will be generous and load the 3 drink vouchers on the sea pass. :rolleyes:

I know they don't very often give people changing status to say Diamond mid cruise the benefits of going to the DL - I wonder however if they will be generous and load the 3 drink vouchers on the sea pass. :rolleyes:

I see no reason that they would change the criteria that they have been using for mid-cruise level changes.

We don't sail RCCL often and are just Diamond.

Is this being done on Jewel?

We have access to Concierge Lounge since we are in an OS but this is different?

We can go to any bar and get the comp drinks?.

Jewel does not have a Diamond lounge so no one knows what will happen on her.

To my knowledge, the drink vouchers were only for Diamond level C&A and above.

I sure wouldn't count on it.