Ladies... Swim suit question and related subject:

Okay Ladies,

My wife is interested in how you have proached the bikini line issue. What do you do so that there are'n any nubs? :eek: What are the different ways you handle this, and the pros and cons?

Don't be bashful (or bad). This is a honest question from my wife, so you gentlement be nice. :cool:

Wax! Be sure of decent growth first. Since we fly down to port a day prior, I wax the night before we leave. Will stay smooth for weeks. Be sure to take a razor for little touch ups, the legs and arm pits :D

Bikini wax! Yes it can be painful but the pain doesn't last, tell her to take two tylenol 15 minutes before the procedure. She can get this done at a local nail spa (at least Arizona), the cost here is around $18.

Or I suggest she try using the Intuition Razor for Sensitive skin or Magic Hair Remover (can be found at Walgreens) http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp?CATID=100260&navAction=jump&navCount=2&id=prod352799 It is cheap and works good, it just doesn't last long.

Good luck to her :D

###

Bikini wax! Yes it can be painful but the pain doesn't last, tell her to take two tylenol 15 minutes before the procedure. She can get this done at a local nail spa (at least Arizona), the cost here is around $18.

Or I suggest she try using the Intuition Razor for Sensitive skin or Magic Hair Remover (can be found at Walgreens) http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp?CATID=100260&navAction=jump&navCount=2&id=prod352799 It is cheap and works good, it just doesn't last long.

Good luck to her :D

###

Actually, Magic Powder works MUCH better than MHR... and does last for a while. I've been using it for probably 5 years, do it once a week, all over, works like a charm :D Cost about $2 every 2 months... mix it, apply it, wait 7 minutes, and wash it off... way too easy, no pain :D

Actually, Magic Powder works MUCH better than MHR... and does last for a while. I've been using it for probably 5 years, do it once a week, all over, works like a charm :D Cost about $2 every 2 months... mix it, apply it, wait 7 minutes, and wash it off... way too easy, no pain :D

I never heard of that before - Is it in with the razors and wax?

I noticed a lot of drive through waxing spas in LA. Their signs usually consisted of Big RED letters: WAXING, Manicure, Pedicure, SPA... in that order.

I understand they just wax you to the seat, accelerate to a high speed in their parking lot, and sail over the speed bumps! :eek:

Quick, efficient, and fun!

Does the powder work better than the cream? I have used the cream and it does work better than anything else I've tried, but the powder mixing seemed like more trouble. If it works better though, I'd give it a try. I am very sensitive to shaving and I can tell you this product is much better...no irritation.

Venture Man - Thank you. You only asked what women such as myself wanted to know........... I appreciate it as I have been asking my friends about what to do!! Thanks for the great advise everyone!! I'm going to Walgreens!:)

I'm still laughing..........:p

It is a powder, not a pleasant smelling one, you can get it at most drugstores, I have seen it at the Dollar Store as well :D You mix it into a paste, and voila :D It is actually made for black men's beards... a friend of mine's husband used it many years ago and told me about it, and I have been hooked ever since. It will be more than likely in the haircare products section of the drugstore... just look around... could be with the shaving items, but not generally. It's the best :D

And yes, the powder is better than the cream... at least for me...

I am so glad someone wasn't shy and asked what to use to keep smooth. I am going to have to rush out to Walgreens now. Sure that Magic Powder stuff is gentle? I am a big baby when it comes to waxing. I can't handle the pain. :eek:

It's gentle even in the most sensitive of areas ;) I have never experienced any pain... seriously, you apply it, and you use a plastic spatula or loofah to rinse it off... it's very simple :D

Wax is my suggestion. My first bikini wax was before our honeymoon and it was the best thing basically because there was no shaving, no embarassing bumps or razor burn, and no missed hairs. My sisters are estheticians so I alway just go to one of them. I also will wax my underarms too. But, IMO the underarms hurt way worse than the bikini area because the underarm hair growth is not consistent in a certain growth pattern. I also think having my lip waxed hurts worse than my bikini area. Mostly because my lip has never been toughened up by a razor or tweezers.

I don't remove hair with anything other than a razor, waxing or tweezers because years ago I used to use lip bleach on my lip and even Nair and it continual use caused some serious damage to my skin blotchiness. So, if you use chemicals repeatedly please know that you could wind up with a blotchy uneven skin tone.

On that note, I would not suggest using magic powder on your lips... but, as for the bikini line question, I would definitely suggest it over and over again :D No blotchiness down there, over 5 years of weekly use and nothing uneven down there :eek: :D

On that note, I would not suggest using magic powder on your lips... but, as for the bikini line question, I would definitely suggest it over and over again :D No blotchiness down there, over 5 years of weekly use and nothing uneven down there :eek: :D

So it is safe to use for bikini line but what about the rest of the area? Any issuses with that?

The Brazilian Wax

from

http://www.femail.com.au/brazilianwax.htm

Erotic Brazilian Waxing Made "Easy"

from

http://www.mypleasure.com/features/bulletins/17.asp

OK fess up how many of you woman (and men) have no hair down there

Wow ... this close to your cruise, I'm *sure* you don't want to know about the up-way-too-close-and-personal grooming habits of the men on this board! After all, it will be running through your mind as it is, already! ;)

Have a wonderful cruise!

GC...You know I am cracking up! In all these 14 years of buying this powder for my sweetie, it took a white lady to tell me I could use this stuff myself. :D I would have never thought of it. Heck, if it wasn't 3:15 AM, I would be trying it right now. :) I thought if it is for a man, then it would be too strong to use in sensitive areas. You learn something new every day. Thanks for the tip, and see you in October. :)

Kelly, it is safe for the ENTIRE area ;) At least it has been for me :D

IC, LOL!!!! It's great stuff!!!! I would have never believed it had I not tried it myself!! It is truly magic, I always buy up several cans... Still can't believe how cheap it is, I would never go back to waxing!!!! Good luck ;) See you soon girl!!

Cheryl, glad you are enjoying it!! Hope to see you guys in September!!!!

Archived