Summit specialty dining

Mrswood83

Can anyone, who has been on the Summit recently, tell me if they offered discounted specialty dining the first night? Last time we were on they did offer for Aqua class but not sure about other rooms or suites. We will be in a sky suite and are hoping for a discount the first night!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just off the Summit last weekend. We had two Aqua cabins for the first time and specifically looked for an offer with the paperwork for the first night, but did not receive anything. We did want to eat in Blu the first night, so didn't bother to ask if a discount was available.

We were on the 1/3 sailing and there were people standing in the terminal selling the Specialty restaurants. We booked for the first night and paid $40 per person for the Normandie and they threw in a bottle of champagne also. Best meal I have eaten on a cruise ship! The Lobster was spectacular!

Edited by itzmered

Here's the link on the Celebrity website: http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/cruise-restaurants-qsine#top

If you click on an entree, it gives a description. The link doesn't list the drinks and desserts, though.

I'm not seeing any entrees and nothing happens when I cllck on the menu. :confused: I wanted to take a look to see if this is something we may be interested in.

I'm not seeing any entrees and nothing happens when I cllck on the menu. :confused: I wanted to take a look to see if this is something we may be interested in.

There isn't a menu to click on...just the individual choices. It starts with qsine greens and ends with fish and chips. if you click on each one, it will give you a description of each.

Can anyone, who has been on the Summit recently, tell me if they offered discounted specialty dining the first night? Last time we were on they did offer for Aqua class but not sure about other rooms or suites. We will be in a sky suite and are hoping for a discount the first night!!

it depends on when you cruise. If you are cruising while they are building the new suite restaurant, we're getting reports that celebrity is apparently are letting suite guests dine in the specialty restaurants for free. One the new restaurants are in place, I'm not sure that anyone knows...but it's a good bet that they'll continue to offer a discount on the first night

it depends on when you cruise. If you are cruising while they are building the new suite restaurant, we're getting reports that celebrity is apparently are letting suite guests dine in the specialty restaurants for free. One the new restaurants are in place, I'm not sure that anyone knows...but it's a good bet that they'll continue to offer a discount on the first night

That would be amazing!!! We are cruising 2 weeks before the new rollout:) I will try not to get my hopes up

We love Qsine :) Look for the team that's "promoting" the restaurant on the first day. For Summit: we found them in the check in area (that was NJ) when we were boarding.. (also saw them later in the day on board). We got a discount valid for any night (we went on the second night on board) and loved it so much we made a reservation for a second night the following morning. When we arrived for the second reservation, the manager let us know that he was going to give us a discount for coming back again. At the end of the meal, they told us if we came back again they would be happy to discount again. Net net...I think if they're not fully booked, you can score repeat discounts :)

There isn't a menu to click on...just the individual choices. It starts with qsine greens and ends with fish and chips. if you click on each one, it will give you a description of each.

Got it...thank you. Not sure when the private suite restaurant opens but we're sailing in October (see countdown) and we're booked in Aqua but 14 nights may be too long to eat in one restaurant. Some of the food, I've never heard of. I do love the regular escargot from the MDR. We're sailing from Cape Liberty.

We sailed the summit the last two Februaries. Last year there was a guy with a Ipad coming around in the MDR trying to sign up people for Qsine. My wife got into a haggling mode with him and almost made him meet her very low offer. His price was very good and was more than acceptable but Qsine is good for a large group and the table mates were uninterested in going in on the deal and we didn't want to do it as a couple so we passed in the end.