Car rental near Port Everglades.

JACJAM

Family of 5 looking for car rental near the port. Shuttle service to rental car is fine too. 2 night rental to be returned at FLL.

We used Avis in 17th St, located at the Hyatt Pier 66. They have a free shuttle to/from the cruise terminals. I've read that Budget also has an office nearby.

The following info courtesy member MADflyer, with a few of my own notes included:

ONLY Alamo/National shuttle from FLL Airport. Must show return receipt to board shuttle. I use a big box store website and they often have incredible rates. All others do not shuttle and you must get a cab to the port, approximately $15.00 on the meter, plus tip (no flat rate).

Hertz from Crown Plaza Hotel

Avis from Hyatt Pier 66

Budget on 17th in shopping center next to Renaissance Hotel

Sixt further up 17th.

Thrifty/Dollar just out western port exit.

Are you flying into Ft. Lauderdale? If so, pick a car up at the airport for convenience. If the rental company doesn't have a shuttle from the airport to the port, it is $10-$15 for a cab from the airport to the cruise port. A few companies like Hertz have smaller port locations with shuttles to the ships.

I thought I would do some sort of transportation to the ship but we're staying a few days after the cruise and that's when I need a rental car. Thanks

]

We have stayed after cruises too and have taken a cab to the airport to get a rental car. We could get one in town too, I guess, but since we fly out we just pick up and return to the airport. Waiting for shuttles can be a drag.

• 3 weeks later...
We used Avis in 17th St, located at the Hyatt Pier 66. They have a free shuttle to/from the cruise terminals. I've read that Budget also has an office nearby.

What is your experience with the shuttle times to the terminal fron the 17th st location? We like to get to the port about 10:30. In the past, I have been on shuttles that don't get you there until later.

What is your experience with the shuttle times to the terminal fron the 17th st location? We like to get to the port about 10:30. In the past, I have been on shuttles that don't get you there until later.

The last time we used Avis, we had about a 20 minute wait for the shuttle. The time before that, we had no wait for the shuttle.

Edited by clarea

The following info courtesy member MADflyer, with a few of my own notes included:

ONLY Alamo/National shuttle from FLL Airport. Must show return receipt to board shuttle. I use a big box store website and they often have incredible rates. All others do not shuttle and you must get a cab to the port, approximately $15.00 on the meter, plus tip (no flat rate).

Hertz from Crown Plaza Hotel

Avis from Hyatt Pier 66

Budget on 17th in shopping center next to Renaissance Hotel

Sixt further up 17th.

Thrifty/Dollar just out western port exit.

Interesting that Enterprise doesn't offer a shuttle to the pier. Both Alamo and National are owned by Enterprise.

We are renting from Enterprise later this week when we arrive at FLL and will return the car on Sunday morning, then head to pier 2 to board the Regal Princess. It won't hurt to ask if we can use the shuttle, otherwise we'll hail a cab as planned.

Darcy

Last month I rented a car from Budget at Ft Lauderdale airport. Budget does not offer shuttle service from the airport, but offers shuttle service from a location near the Port. I told budget that I wanted to drop my car off at the port location. Budget told me that I would have to pay $60 addition to drop off the car at the port location, hence I took the car back to the Airport and took a cab. Also the agent when I rented the car said that when I made reservations that I should of choose the port location as the drop off site. Avoid Budget Car rentals in FLL for the Bait and Switch scheme that they have to get more money out of their Cruise renters. They do not have a shuttle service when you rent a car at the Airport and only when you pay $60 extra to drop the car at their port site and get a shuttle.

I have never had an issue with this Budget location. I always book through Costco and specify pick up at FLL and drop off at the port location. They shuttle you to the port from 17th st, it is easier to drop luggage off first and then return the car and shuttle back.

I have never had an issue with this Budget location. I always book through Costco and specify pick up at FLL and drop off at the port location. They shuttle you to the port from 17th st, it is easier to drop luggage off first and then return the car and shuttle back.

This is what I thought when I rented my car last month from Budget at FLL. They have changed their policy that it will cost you $60 to drop it at the Port location where you can get a shuttle to the cruise ship. I have used other Rental companies that when you rent at FLL and you can drop you car at the port location with no charge. You would think that Budget would go back to what was your experience instead of the current arrangement charging you $60 for dropping your car off at the port location. It doesn't make sense when probably over 50 % of their car rentals are from cruise customers.

• 2 weeks later...

Can you tell me which code you used for the location since it has 2 for 2301 Southeast 17th St ( codes:F8D or QF1)

We rented from Enterprise two weeks ago at FLL [pre-cruise] and thought we received excellent service - very easy process. When we returned the car to FLL on Sunday morning, I asked the lot attendant where to find the taxi stand for a quick trip to Pier 2 to board the Regal. She told us to go to level 3 and show the Enterprise rental receipt to the shuttle bus driver for complimentary transfer to the pier.

Alamo, National and Enterprise are all one company.

Darcy

We rented from Enterprise two weeks ago at FLL [pre-cruise] and thought we received excellent service - very easy process. When we returned the car to FLL on Sunday morning, I asked the lot attendant where to find the taxi stand for a quick trip to Pier 2 to board the Regal. She told us to go to level 3 and show the Enterprise rental receipt to the shuttle bus driver for complimentary transfer to the pier.

Alamo, National and Enterprise are all one company.

Darcy

We need this after cruise for extending our vacation 2 days in Ft. Lauderdale.

I think I find right one for Avis but checking to see if I can get anything better. I used F8D code

We've had great experiences with Thrifty both picking up at the airport and returning to the port as well as picking up at the port and returning to the airport. On a day with a lot of ships arriving back to Port Everglades, waiting for the Thrifty shuttle can take some time but that's the worst of it.