Carnival.com NEW search engine sucks

cmptrwiz

I've been looking for a cruise recently and I hate the new carnival search engine under plan for a cruise. I actually now prefer to use any online travel agency search engine to get better results. Congratulations Carnival you messed up again!

I've been looking for a cruise recently and I hate the new carnival search engine under plan for a cruise. I actually now prefer to use any online travel agency search engine to get better results. Congratulations Carnival you messed up again!

Agree with ya 100%. Worse search engine ever and the older version was a damn good one.

Just today tried searching for 2017 cruise out of home port, older version popped it all right up, new version doesn't show the 1st 3 cruises in August for home port.

CCL must have the same people who the U.S. paid for the Obamacare website at 1st

I also agree it's very inconsistent when searching for cruises. I had read that they thought the full pictures would be more appealing when searching, however it just makes things too busy for me to look at. I would rather have more accurate details than the picture aesthetics. I am all for change, however not when the change is not an improvement over the past method. Think Carnival has a few kinks to work out with this new format.

Carnival does monitor Cruise Critic and many voices have more power than one. I didn't say I couldn't figure it out I just said I don't like it.

I agree change is good, but only when it is an improvement not two steps backward.

Thanks to everybody else who agrees with me.

If Carnival monitored this site then chair time limits would be strictly enforced, Cheers would not be forced on everyone on the cabin 21+ and whatever else people constantly gripe about on here. Point is, Carnival doesn't give this site the time of day.

I also agree with the OP and others. The new layout for searching looks "prettier" but is not user friendly - in the least. I hate it. It is slow and not conducive to looking at multiple cruises at once. The last search engine they had was a breeze to look at all the sailings for a port or ship for various timeframes. Very frustrating.

The new design is intended to control your options, and to make fast comparisons more difficult.

It's also heavy in "AJAX" code, which bogs down the process and increases the number of clicks you need to make in order to achieve a result. Carnival's website violates a dozen tenets in user-friendly website design (Google "web pages that suck" -- for which Carnival's cruise planning engine is a great candidate). The most important thing for a website design is to meet the needs of the user, and to stay the h*ll out of the way in the process.

Go to the Carnival contact page, and submit the question: "Why does your website's cruise planning engine suck so much?" Then describe why it sucks -- including a mention that you're onto their deliberate attempt to make cruise date, price, and category comparisons more difficult. Maybe receiving a bunch of comments will fix the problem. Probably not, but it only takes a minute to try.

It really is horrible. I don't know what was wrong with the one before, it worked just fine. I am sure I will get used to it eventually and find it easier to use than I do now but I can tell it is less user-friendly than the previous version and that makes no sense.

i hate it as well. I cannot load it in internet explorer, and can only load in firefox. I liked the old search results screen. I feel the results are limited now.

I'm glad I'm not the only only one who can't load it in IE. Don't like it at all.

It really is horrible. I don't know what was wrong with the one before, it worked just fine. I am sure I will get used to it eventually and find it easier to use than I do now but I can tell it is less user-friendly than the previous version and that makes no sense.

If it ain't broke, I wish they would quit trying to fix it. I had no problem with it before.

Thanks to everybody else who agrees with me.

I agree with you. I was using the system last week, and then it changed to its current terrible system. CARNIVAL, please bring back the old search method.

To jh2360: what gives you the authority to tell other cc members what to post. If they want to rehash a topic again that is the member's right. You have the right to ignore it or comment on it.