FYI, No more mini bar/fridge

We were just on Liberty 1/22-1/29. We were planning on having the mini bar fridge emptied by our cabin steward, it was already empty and the fridge was off. We called the customer service desk thinking it was broken, and were told they no longer stock the fridge and that it now is used like a cooler if you put something already cold in it it will stay cold. Not true. They did ask us if we had medication that needed to be refrigerated, we didn't. We just asked our cabin steward to fill our ice bucket every day and kept it in the fridge, it worked pretty good. So if you need refrigeration for meds, or anything else plan accordingly.

Just a note....if you keep the cabinet door ajar (yes..the fridge is in a cabinet)...it will cool much better. Fridges need air-flow...so if you can stick a sock or washcloth over the top of the cabinet door, it will provide enough air to the fridge to actually work! (and, make sure it's turned on!)

We were just on Liberty 1/22-1/29. We were planning on having the mini bar fridge emptied by our cabin steward, it was already empty and the fridge was off. We called the customer service desk thinking it was broken, and were told they no longer stock the fridge and that it now is used like a cooler if you put something already cold in it it will stay cold.

Nice to know. No more possible charges.

We were just on Liberty 1/22-1/29. We were planning on having the mini bar fridge emptied by our cabin steward, it was already empty and the fridge was off. We called the customer service desk thinking it was broken, and were told they no longer stock the fridge and that it now is used like a cooler if you put something already cold in it it will stay cold. Not true. They did ask us if we had medication that needed to be refrigerated, we didn't. We just asked our cabin steward to fill our ice bucket every day and kept it in the fridge, it worked pretty good. So if you need refrigeration for meds, or anything else plan accordingly.

I was on this same sailing. I checked the fridge before I left and there were two large bottles of water in it. I was happy to see no alcohol in there as it seems I am always charged for a mini bar purchase on that last day.

Once I got home I checked my credit card charges and sure enough there was a $12.83 charge more than my ship statement showed. When I called RC about it, they told me it was a mini bar charge. They said it would be removed.

Interesting. We were on the Liberty for New Years and yes, the fridge was turned off and there were 2 tall bottles of water on the vanity. Fridge was empty. We thought it might have had something to do with the ship arriving late due to fog and they just didn't have time to bring everything back up to snuff before we boarded.

We called and they came right up and turned it back on for us. Never stocked it though which was good with us because we always empty it immediately.

They are still leaving 2 bottles of water that many have reported charges for. It actually appears that there has been an increase in the mystery charges since they went to leaving water only.

Ooops, I thought the OP said the fridge is now empty.

If you've ever had the pain of a toddler who knows there's candy in the thing and doesn't understand why she can't have it, you'll understand I'd like to throw the thing off the top deck. Last I cruised I don't think we could get them to haul off the overpriced mess from inside it.

So, not stocking the mini fridge? Awesome...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, the fridge is empty but they are still leaving the water on the counter. I wish they would stop that as well and put an end to all these bogus charges.

I'm going to steal an idea from Ocean Boy and ask why do you think that will end bogus charges?:rolleyes:

That is nothing new.

• 2 weeks later...

We just returned from a cruise on the Navigator. The cooler/refrigerator was empty but it did keep things cold. We used it for the cookies and cakes we received and canned drinks. The Welcome Back gift (cookies and almonds or Trail Mix) was replaced by a plate of cookies.