Sip And Sail Promotion???

Sunset329

How can anybody here possibly know? If they do offer it again it will almost certainly only be once in a year. They may never offer it again. At one time they offered California Coastal cruises where you got the entire cost of the cruise back to use on another cruise. Will they ever offer that again? Highly doubtful but nobody can say for sure.

Book the cruise you want and then if a promo such as the Sip and Sail comes along change the booking. Use FCD to book with minimal (and transferable) deposit.

Last year Sip&Sail was June 21 - Aug 31, available for summer 2017 - spring 2018 sail dates. $100 refundable deposit, Balcony or higher, excluded 1-5 and 50+ day cruises. Who really knows what the next sale promo will be or when it will be offered. Just find the cruise you want and book it! Apply the promo you want when it comes around.

If/when they offer it again, just really compare the pricing closely. For us, the free gratuities promo was a lot cheaper and gave lots of OBC. It was well worth it to us to switch to the other promo.

Exactly, when the AIBP is offered its usually for sail dates that are far out and at their highest prices. Closer it gets the price drops but people want to keep that AIBP but don't realize the price drop and other promos are a better deal. :confused:

We booked our upcoming Med cruise last year under Sip and Sail. Just after Christmas I noticed some price drops and our TA was able to refare our cabin and saved us thousands of dollars even after taking into account that we would have to purchase a drinks package.

We purchased an October 2017 Hawaii cruise last year during the Sip and Sail deal. The price is now over $1000 pp more, and no drink package. We are very happy.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I currently have four future cruises booked with Sip and Sail: May 2017, August 2017, Jan 2018, and March 2018. I just compared the prices on my booking with the current sale prices.

For my cruises in May 2017, August 2017, and March 2018, I cannot compare prices since my stateroom category is completely sold out. Since I am particular about my cabin location, I would not be able to book the cabin I want now at any price. I cannot re-price under the current sale, since Princess will not let you re-price unless there is an available cabin in your category.

For my 10-day Panama Canal cruise in January 2018, the current price is $400 per person more than what I am paying.

The current sale includes pre-paid gratuities ($155 per person) and a free spa treatment (list price $119 on a sea day or $107 on a port day). It also says it includes air savings up to $300 but the air quote I received was the same as I am currently paying.

My Sip and Sail reservation includes free AIBP (list price $563.50 per person) and free specialty restaurant cover charge ($29 per person).

At list price, my Sip and Sail reservation costs $718.50 less than the current sale. So Sip and Sail really was a good deal on this cruise - the only one I can compare prices on.

Even though AIBP is worth a lot less than list price to me, the spa treatment is worth a whole lot less than that. I booked four cruises on last year's Sip and Sail after booking one cruise on the Sip and Sail a year before, and I will be booking several future cruises when and if they offer Sip and Sail again.

Exactly, when the AIBP is offered its usually for sail dates that are far out and at their highest prices. Closer it gets the price drops but people want to keep that AIBP but don't realize the price drop and other promos are a better deal. :confused:

We booked 2 cruises under the Sip and Sail. Our 28 day cruise in October (almost $3,200 for the AIBP) was the same cost as it was listed last year without the promo. So far the fare has gone up by $200 per person. I agree that, sometimes, the promotional deals aren't really "deals" but, in this case, it seems that we made a major score. Out of the 28 days of the cruise 18 of them are sea days where the AIBP will really be useful. We would never have paid for it but since, like I said above, the cruise this year with the AIBP was the same cost as the same cruise sold for last year without the AIBP, and the price has only gone up since we booked, I can't really see a downside.

The cruise after that is a 14 day Circle Caribbean (true 14 day - not a B2B) and there aren't nearly as many sea days. If a better promo comes along we may consider changing from the one we have with the AIBP but, then again, we are happy with the price we paid and my just keep the package. We have booked our last several cruises about a year and a half in advance and none of them have gone down as we waited. They had various promotions but always ended up working out to more than we had paid.

For my 10-day Panama Canal cruise in January 2018, the current price is $400 per person more than what I am paying.

We booked 2 cruises under the Sip and Sail. Our 28 day cruise in October (almost $3,200 for the AIBP) was the same cost as it was listed last year without the promo. So far the fare has gone up by $200 per person.

Princess (and other cruise lines) has been working hard to get passengers to book cruises early with the thought they can fill up the ships without drastic price reductions as it gets closer to embarkation day. The cruise lines want to avoid the past practice of people waiting to book until fares drop.

The pricing in red above show that this strategy is working. Book early for a better deal than waiting for prices to drop.

Yes, after final payment there may still be some bargains, but they are fewer than in the past. Some cruise lines have said they would rather sail with a few cabins empty than have deep discounts that would cause those who book early now to instead wait in the future.

Both CCL Corp. and RCCL Corp. have been reporting that advance bookings are up and at higher ticket pricing than the previous year.

Last year Sip&Sail was June 21 - Aug 31, available for summer 2017 - spring 2018 sail dates. $100 refundable deposit, Balcony or higher, excluded 1-5 and 50+ day cruises. Who really knows what the next sale promo will be or when it will be offered. Just find the cruise you want and book it! Apply the promo you want when it comes around.

We booked our coastal in March 2018 with this promo, can't wait!

Will Princess offer their Sip and Sail promotion again? If so, any thoughts about when Princess will have it's Sip and Sail promotion?

I was offered that promotion for my upcoming Alaska cruise. I don't drink neither does my mom so they gave us onboard credit instead.

We booked 2 cruises under the Sip and Sail. Our 28 day cruise in October (almost $3,200 for the AIBP) was the same cost as it was listed last year without the promo. So far the fare has gone up by $200 per person. I agree that, sometimes, the promotional deals aren't really "deals" but, in this case, it seems that we made a major score. Out of the 28 days of the cruise 18 of them are sea days where the AIBP will really be useful. We would never have paid for it but since, like I said above, the cruise this year with the AIBP was the same cost as the same cruise sold for last year without the AIBP, and the price has only gone up since we booked, I can't really see a downside.

The cruise after that is a 14 day Circle Caribbean (true 14 day - not a B2B) and there aren't nearly as many sea days. If a better promo comes along we may consider changing from the one we have with the AIBP but, then again, we are happy with the price we paid and my just keep the package. We have booked our last several cruises about a year and a half in advance and none of them have gone down as we waited. They had various promotions but always ended up working out to more than we had paid.

You certainly got a a GREAT deal on the AIBP

We have sailed 25 times on Princess, Royal and Carnival. All but one of our cruises have gone down in price after we booked. Some dropped more than others, but a price drop none the less...