Getting Pop/Speciality Coffee after Cheers! Limit

tyfullbright

Hello all! Long time reader/lurker and first time poster.

I have been on a Carnival cruise but did not purchase the Cheers! package last time. I hate to post more threads regarding the Cheers! program, but I cannot seem to find the answer to my question on the forums. I apologize for the wall of text.

My boyfriend and I are sailing on the Elation in August and are attempting to figure out what will be best for us. We want to have a good time and I have suggested the Cheers! package.

We have been gifted $250 in Carnival gift cards from family and I have suggested in using that to go towards the program since we already paid for the cruise. For our cruise duration and taking the gift cards into consideration, the Cheers! program is only going to cost us $350.

We both don't drink a lot, but since the program includes pop, specialty coffee, bottled water, energy drinks, etc. I figured that even 5-6 alcoholic drinks a day plus the non-alcholic items will help justify that cost (even on port days).

My only question is regarding getting NON-ALCHOLIC drinks (pop, juice, specialty coffee, bottled water, energy drinks) AFTER we have reached the 15 limit. I know that the limit applies purchasing alcoholic beverages and resets every morning at 6 AM, but from one post I found (from years back) states that after you reach the 15 limit that you CANNOT purchase ANY beverage.....alcoholic or non-alcoholic.

Is this true? I get the 15 limit and respect that, but if I cannot get a pop or something for a few hours after reaching my 15 limit then I will just pay for each drink I want instead of purchasing the package. The person who posted that may have just been mistaken, but I wanted to check.

Question: After reaching the 15 limit for alcoholic beverages, you are cut off, but does that include not being able to purchase pop, specialty coffee, bottled water as well after the cut off limit has been reached?

Thanks so much and sorry for the wall of text!

I have never gotten the Cheers as I just do NOT consume that much Alcohol and remain upright.

But I also did not ever read enough to know that all the other drinks were included. Reading it now and excited.

Thanks!

You're welcome! That was my deciding factor on purchasing the Cheers! program. It's nice that I will have the 15 limit for alcoholic beverages, but I like the fact that I can order an espresso or latte in the main dining room after dinner and not have to pay the extra fee associated with it as it is included. The "all-inclusive" feel of it makes it worth it all in my opinion.

Anyone know if I have Cheers, can I order a double (i.e. rum & coke, 7 & 7)? And if so, does that count as 1 or 2 towards the daily limit?

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

I do know the answer to this one. You cannot. You can only order one drink at a time and there is a five minute wait in between drinks (I think).

You can order two drinks at a time, but one will go towards the program and the other will be charged to your S&S card. Same goes for ordering a double shot of liquor, that counts as two and they won't give it to you.

What energy drinks are offered!!! I’m getting the cheers package and loving the unlimited soda water coffee and energy drinks. And does coffee count at the coffee shop or just in the dinning room ?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The best cure of a hang-over is drink pleanty of fluids to keep your-self well hydrated. So i would get a couple of cokes or waters to drink while trying to sleep...Thanx Carnival for letting soft drinks after finishing booze...

What energy drinks are offered!!! I’m getting the cheers package and loving the unlimited soda water coffee and energy drinks. And does coffee count at the coffee shop or just in the dinning room ?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Rockstar energy drinks. Flavors will vary, ours had 3 - fruit punch, orange and a sugar free one. You can order coffee (including speciality lattes, cappuccinos, mochas) in either the coffee shop or MDR. Also, during dinner in the MDR ypu can get the large bottles of water including Pellegrino.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Anyone know if I have Cheers, can I order a double (i.e. rum & coke, 7 & 7)? And if so, does that count as 1 or 2 towards the daily limit?

No, you can't, but get to know your bartenders. Engage them, Tip them early and often, even above the Cheers pre-paid tips. Do this the first couple nights, and then order your favorite liquor "on the rocks." :cool:

We just got off Glory and had cheers. While we did tip the bartenders (cash), they still would not pour a double shot if you had cheers. My suggestion is get your drink, wait the 5 minutes, and just order another shot. That will count as 2 drinks. For those of you who like lemonade in your drink, just order the shot in a glass filled with ice and go into the Lido buffet area and pour your own lemonade. They only have a sour mix behind the bar and they mix that with a little Sprite to make "lemonade".

Do the included bottles of water, gatorade, etc come opened or unopened. Would we be able to "stock up" on these to take with us on excursions

In my experience, the bottle waters and powerades, vitamin waters, are served unopened and you can ask for them at anytime, including when you order an alcoholic drink. You can also get the large format bottle water from the mdr during dinner.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

I like the idea of cheers with non alcoholic drinks included, but I just cannot make the numbers work for me. On a seven day cruise, cheers breaks down to 59 a day for me (I do not count debarkation day). Couple drinks in the afternoon, maybe three in the evening A coke and a specialty coffee only costs me around $48 for the day and that is a sea day. I would never drink all that on a port day.

If Carnival ever comes out with a lower limit cheaper cheers, they will have me though.

I like the idea of cheers with non alcoholic drinks included, but I just cannot make the numbers work for me. On a seven day cruise, cheers breaks down to 59 a day for me (I do not count debarkation day). Couple drinks in the afternoon, maybe three in the evening A coke and a specialty coffee only costs me around $48 for the day and that is a sea day. I would never drink all that on a port day.

If Carnival ever comes out with a lower limit cheaper cheers, they will have me though.

Keep in mind the debarkation day is essentially "free" with Cheers, because the first day is your embarkation day (except Texas and NY, where Cheers automatically is less one day), and your seven day cruise is really seven nights, with two part days for em/de-barkation.

So your per day cost is truly per day, if you include embarkation day (which should be long enough to utilize Cheers!).

Still, even at $48 per day for you total predicted cost, Cheers is not going to be worthwhile if you visit ports.

One of the tricks we were taught the last time we purchased Cheers was to order a large bottle of water when you are in the MDR at dinner and they will bring you one of the large bottles that you can put aside to take on your excursion the next day.

The addition of the unlimited non-alcoholic drinks (especially the coffee) is what convinced my husband that Cheers would be worth it - even on cruises without an Alchemy Bar. Then add in not having to walk back to the room for a refill if we ordered a bottle to our room and not having to watch our S&S bill - it all makes it worth it to us. It is a large chunk of money, but it just makes our cruise that bit more enjoyable.