Equinox: 5/25/19

Silhouette: 1/24/20

Eclipse: 4/1/20

Connie: 5/1/20

Infinity: Fall 2020

Solstice: 10/1/21

Reflection: 1/1/23

Thank you for sharing this info.

You are welcome. I've been looking for the dates so I could plan around the timing of the refurbishments. I was hoping that Infinity would be done by March 30 next year, but looks like it will not. I will enjoy the older version one more time. :D

These are the dates that the Revolution should be complete for each ship:

Millie: 2/9/19

Summit: 3/23/19

Equinox: 5/25/19

Silhouette: 1/24/20

Eclipse: 4/1/20

Connie: 5/1/20

Infinity: Fall 2020

Solstice: 10/1/21

Reflection: 1/1/23

Thanks vtcruising! Millie really needs a reHab ;) just hoping the revolution will not change her spirit ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks vtcruising! Millie really needs a reHab ;) just hoping the revolution will not change her spirit ;)

We're doing the 10 day Independence day cruise in June, 2019 on Summit, be trying out the new retreat for wife, son and myself.

Thanks for the info...

We're doing the 10 day Independence day cruise in June, 2019 on Summit, be trying out the new retreat for wife, son and myself.

Thanks for the info...

Wow, can't wait to hear what it is like! :D

I know - I was thinking the same thing. I've been on the other 3 M Class ships - she will be refurbed for our Alaskan cruise. I'm excited to see what they do

What exactly will they be doing during this "edge-i-fication"? Is this just like a dry dock period where they will be freshening the ships up? Currently looking into a 2019 cruise on the Solstice to Alaska which will be before her makeover.

What exactly will they be doing during this "edge-i-fication"? Is this just like a dry dock period where they will be freshening the ships up? Currently looking into a 2019 cruise on the Solstice to Alaska which will be before her makeover.

People on CC have said it will take 4-6 weeks for each ship. Here is a video:

Take a look at the document referenced in the OP’s post. It’s not very specific, but gives you a feel of the modifications.

Den

In April the person who is head of the future cruises department on Eclipse told us at a Galapagos presentation that the Revolution meant all the ships would be completely rebuilt and reconfigured. The dry docks won't be simple refurbishments but instead a complete redesign.

I take that to mean an "Edgefication" and I guess that it means more and bigger suites among other things. I'm just hoping that we don't lose the cozy Cafe Il Bacio. Maybe the lawns will go. These are just my wild guesses...pure speculation.

Thanks to those who posted the Revolution schedule. That is very helpful.

In April the person who is head of the future cruises department on Eclipse told us at a Galapagos presentation that the Revolution meant all the ships would be completely rebuilt and reconfigured. The dry docks won't be simple refurbishments but instead a complete redesign.

I take that to mean an "Edgefication" and I guess that it means more and bigger suites among other things. I'm just hoping that we don't lose the cozy Cafe Il Bacio. Maybe the lawns will go. These are just my wild guesses...pure speculation.

Thanks to those who posted the Revolution schedule. That is very helpful.

Thanks. My understanding was that it was a major renovation.

Hopefully they will take all of the comments people have had over the years and make the ships perfect. Just looking at the storage that is supposed to be an improvement, I have some doubts. I do like the idea of redoing the cabins and bathrooms, especially on the M Class. The suites on M Class definitely need an overhaul. Since Cafe al Bacio is on the Edge and looks like a similar footprint as the S Class, it will hopefully be on the M and S Class after the rehab. Hopefully they will retain the character of the ships. 😊

Thanks for the info...

Don - that itinerary looks awesome! Given that my partner is from Canada, it would be quite amazing for us both to be able to spend each of our Independence Day celebrations together in some pretty special places. I am going to have to give this some serious thought. :)

Walter

I know - I was thinking the same thing. I've been on the other 3 M Class ships - she will be refurbed for our Alaskan cruise. I'm excited to see what they do

Yes we are on a May 19 Alaska cruise which will be our first on a M class. So looking forward to it as many people on this board love the smaller ships.

Just going by the video, it looks like a great deal of usable storage space has been removed in order for a more streamlined look. Open shelves are a poor substitute for draw space. Longer cruises need more storage space not less. Bathrooms have open shelves instead of the many compartments the baths have now. I hope the final results are more passenger functional than they look in the video.

Bet the corner FVs on M class will go :(. Can see them being replaced by suite categories. Convinced Solstice sundeck on S class will go to suite only usage too.

I do hope they keep the location of Cafe al Bacio on M class, I love walking up those few steps on to the glassed area - much prefer it to S class.

Bet the corner FVs on M class will go :(. Can see them being replaced by suite categories. Convinced Solstice sundeck on S class will go to suite only usage too.

I do hope they keep the location of Cafe al Bacio on M class, I love walking up those few steps on to the glassed area - much prefer it to S class.

Agree...I think several better located/bigger balcony cabins may have a refurb and magically become suites

( SS3?) with access to Luminae and Michael’s and a much heavier price tag....

Just going by the video, it looks like a great deal of usable storage space has been removed in order for a more streamlined look. Open shelves are a poor substitute for draw space. Longer cruises need more storage space not less. Bathrooms have open shelves instead of the many compartments the baths have now. I hope the final results are more passenger functional than they look in the video.

I thought the same thing about the storage. Hopefully they will rethink that or will listen to people if it doesn't work in the first couple of ships and modify it for the following ones. They should hire people on Cruise Critic to help design their cabins. ;)

Here are the dates for the roll out of all X ships after they have their makeovers (S and M class). I hadn't seen this posted anywhere yet, but maybe someone else already posted it.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/Travel_Advisory_Panel_8.5x11_flyer.pdf

The link won’t open. Are they starting dates for these. The next post shows when it ends, but not when each ship starts.

Sent from my iPad using Forums