After 8 hours, overboard cruise ship passenger rescued

makeup face

The Carnival Glory is not one of those party ships and takes the same routes as the Star Princess and CB and about the same size ship. This is definitely not the cruiselines fault as this could have happened on Princess ships as well. Its good to know even though he was intoxicated that they were able to retrieve him. Drunk people are on all the ships. Saw plenty on the Caribbean Princess.

This guy is definitely lucky to be alive, I saw this on the news this AM. I don't quite understand why most of these 'drunks overboard' stories come from Carnival ships. All of the other cruise lines are trying to limit alcohol consumption, isn't Carnvial doing the same thing?

Doesn't sound like this is any fault at all of the cruise line.

This guy is definitely lucky to be alive, I saw this on the news this AM. I don't quite understand why most of these 'drunks overboard' stories come from Carnival ships. All of the other cruise lines are trying to limit alcohol consumption, isn't Carnvial doing the same thing?

Doesn't sound like this is any fault at all of the cruise line.

The "blame" will be assessed to the cruise line if he was overserved at their bar. After all, none of us are really responsible for our own actions, right? Anything that happens to us is ALWAYS someone else's fault. :rolleyes:

It's likely that he brought alcohol onboard and drank it in his cabin. And he will STILL probably manage to successfully sue the cruise line. :mad:

The "blame" will be assessed to the cruise line if he was overserved at their bar. After all, none of us are really responsible for our own actions, right? Anything that happens to us is ALWAYS someone else's fault. :rolleyes:

It's likely that he brought alcohol onboard and drank it in his cabin. And he will STILL probably manage to successfully sue the cruise line. :mad:

Only one thing I can say ....................... ARGH! :(

He reallly is lucky--he was in international waters, so no charges can be filed by the U.S. although the Coast Guard expended resources rescuing him!

I think sometimes people take the phrase "Fun Ship" too literal. I think this could also happen on any cruise line. We started cruising on Carnival, before switching to Celebrity, RCCL and now Princess. I haven't notice a difference in the "class" of people on any of the lines. Drunks, rude, polite, and courteous people are found on all.

I have on occaisson had more alcohol then I should have ( which for me is anything over two drinks) and yet have never been tempted to JUMP OFF SHIP, are these people morons?

I agree that you don't see a different class of people of different cruise lines. However, there seems to be a higher concentration of people on Carnival that seem to think it's not a party if you're not completely bombed with alcohol. This moron shouldn't be able to sue, should be responsible for the expense of saving his.... and should be banned from any future cruising.

It is unbelievable how people behave and worst, the person in the cabin with him made little effort to stop him or seek help to control him. Wouldn't it be poetic justice for fellow passengers to file a class action lawsuit against him for infringing on their enjoyment of the cruise. Would serve him right to have his wages garnished until he was 60 years old and more level-headed!

"It is unbelievable how people behave and worst, the person in the cabin with him made little effort to stop him or seek help to control him. Wouldn't it be poetic justice for fellow passengers to file a class action lawsuit against him for infringing on their enjoyment of the cruise. Would serve him right to have his wages garnished until he was 60 years old and more level-headed!"

Frankly, I'm wondering if he'll actually live that long. Some people will use any excuse to behave badly and then blame the world for it. The rest of us just watch and shake our heads.

Charlie

I must agree that after drinking too much, I don't think I would ever be tempted to jump off of the ship. Did he think he was in the pool? Maybe an IQ test should be administered prior to cruise tickets??? :confused:

Another case of someone who has drunk too much and done something stupid.

You can bet that some congressman will get hold of this and want to have a hearing about cruise line responsibility.

It will be interesting to see (if it's ever reported) whether he brought his own booze onboard or was served. Nanatravel's comment, "Stupid drunk people can be anywhere!" is true. The news here in Boston is of a Boston University fire where some students were having a party and lit a barbeque at 1AM in the morning. (Hello! It's 25-degrees out!) A guest from somewhere else died in the resulting fire. Totally preventable, and sad.

I have heard of a saying " God protects drunks and children" which is of course a load of huey, but, what do you think of him surviving so long, his blood alcohol level kept his blood from freezing I guess?

Sad thing is , someone else, who perhaps accidently falls in but is not drunk most likely would never be found alive, if found at all, just like the drunk drivers that CAUSE fatal accidents, then walk away unscathed, there is sometimes no justice in this world!

Archived