LIVE from the Coral - 18 Days Vancouver to Ft. Lauderdale 9/21/09

Pia1913

Internet just came up; down since last night. It threw me off twice. Trying again.

Formal nights: Tonite, day after Puntarenas and day after Aruba.

No midnight buffets; haven't been in years.

Hope this posts. Third time lucky?

You made it!! and did a great job.

Had small but cordial CC meeting today - won at Scattergories, about third in ABC trivia - a toughie and I'm suffering with a monster head cold - well after everyone else has gotten well... Knew my luck would run out when a small child sneezed on me at the movie the other day...I can resist grownup germs but kid germs get me every single time...oh well. Sniff...hack...

Been wondering where you have been Pia. Maybe internet will get better further south you go so we can read all about the ports.

Hope you get well soon Donna. Least you have a sea day tomorrow to rest up a little before you start on tours again. Ken's like you too. Grandkids sneeze and he's sick.

Tranferred our 2 June cruises from Princess to "your TA" Donna. Very easy.

Ya'll are doing better at the games - keept it up.

Been wondering where you have been Pia. Maybe internet will get better further south you go so we can read all about the ports.

Hope you get well soon Donna. Least you have a sea day tomorrow to rest up a little before you start on tours again. Ken's like you too. Grandkids sneeze and he's sick.

Tranferred our 2 June cruises from Princess to "your TA" Donna. Very easy.

Ya'll are doing better at the games - keept it up.

Whose TA? ;)

Got two more passport wallets today; gave them away before Mike could take them back to the cabin. I know he has more wallets, tags, hats and bags stashed somewhere, but they ARE NOT leaving the ship. That man is such a packrat.

We did not do formal night tonight or dinner in the diningroom. With Donna feeling poorly, the last thing she wanted to do was get dressed up. We of course would not go without them.

Guess what show is on tonight. Yep...........it's Motor City. There's also another new comic in the Universe, but it says comedy and funny magic. We don't do magic. We will do 9:15 trivia and then off to bed. We lost another hour last night; now two behind EST.

Cabo in the morning. Goodnite.

Morning everyone. Hope your sniffles are going away by now Donna.

Whose TA? ;)

Oops and yours too. First time for me to switch to someone new:o

If your loot continues to grow, set up your own sale table when the ship does their 75% off sale.

Hope Cabo has good weather for ya'll. Bet it is time to drag out the shorts.

Good morning.....it's hot, it's sunny, and we're about 3 hours out of Cabo. Arrival time is approximately noon.

We have had lots of internet problems; hope they've corrected it. We will soon find out.

Not much going on this morning except for various ways to spend your money. Trivia is at 10:45, charades at 2:00 and another trivia at 4:30. Tonight is a repeat of Motor City. One of the members of our trivia team loves this show and sees it every time it's presented. We heard that the comic, Lorenzo Clark, was pretty good, so maybe we'll catch his repeat performance tonight.

I understand that Billy Hygate will not return until post drydock and there will be another deputy CD joining us shortly. Please......make it soon, powers that be. This awful CD Donna needs all the help she can get.

We will decide whether or not to tender in depending on how unbearably hot it is this afternoon.

I understand that Billy Hygate will not return until post drydock and there will be another deputy CD joining us shortly. Please......make it soon, powers that be. This awful CD Donna needs all the help she can get.

Gosh Pia, you raised something new and I don't think it's been mentioned on this thread. You say the CD Donna is awful - how so? Yes, we've had a couple bad ones on past cruises so I'd like your assessment here. We had the best of the best (I M H O) on the Tahitian this year - J.J. and Frankie - but it sounds like this Billy Hygate is pretty good too? Since we'll be boarding one week out of drydock (nov. 7), it sounds like Billy will be ACD. What do you like best about him? And will Donna still be there post drydock? Questions, questions, questions. You're so patient with us, Pia. Denise

Gosh Pia, you raised something new and I don't think it's been mentioned on this thread. You say the CD Donna is awful - how so? Yes, we've had a couple bad ones on past cruises so I'd like your assessment here. We had the best of the best (I M H O) on the Tahitian this year - J.J. and Frankie - but it sounds like this Billy Hygate is pretty good too? Since we'll be boarding one week out of drydock (nov. 7), it sounds like Billy will be ACD. What do you like best about him? And will Donna still be there post drydock? Questions, questions, questions. You're so patient with us, Pia. Denise

Billy wasn't on long enough for a critique; he seemed OK. Donna is a ditz; gives wrong info. She's getting off in FLL, so most likely won't be around for your cruise. Someome named Dan is getting on today as deputy CD. Will let you know. Frankie is the best; JJ good too.

Billy wasn't on long enough for a critique; he seemed OK. Donna is a ditz; gives wrong info. She's getting off in FLL, so most likely won't be around for your cruise. Someome named Dan is getting on today as deputy CD. Will let you know. Frankie is the best; JJ good too.

JJ & Frankie are on the Tahitian, waiting for us to join them next month. After a two month vacation over the holidays, they will be on the Pacific for the world cruise.

Pia, thanks for the updates, and it's been fun following along. But I leave early in the AM for the Pacific Princess, so will have to try to catch up on my reading either at the airport or during the sea days maybe, if we have a decent connection that is.

Have a great time on the remainder of your voyage, and again, appreciate the updates along the way. ;)

Pia, thanks for the updates, and it's been fun following along. But I leave early in the AM for the Pacific Princess, so will have to try to catch up on my reading either at the airport or during the sea days maybe, if we have a decent connection that is.

Have a great time on the remainder of your voyage, and again, appreciate the updates along the way. ;)

Toto,

Have a great one.

Toto, hope you do a LIVE so we can cruise along with you too.:)

Have a great cruise!:D

JJ & Frankie are on the Tahitian, waiting for us to join them next month. After a two month vacation over the holidays, they will be on the Pacific for the world cruise.

We sailed with Frankie and JJ on the Tahitian Top of the World cruise in July. If you happen to remember, Paul, please tell them hi from Denise of Cruise Critic. They may remember me because JJ arranged for me to give a presentation in the Tahitian lounge on "What Cruise Critic is - and What it Isn't". So many people had asked and I discovered that even JJ didn't really understand who we were. He thought it would be interesting but wanted to make sure I didn't just get up there and criticize things! We had a very good turn out. We were blown away one night when one of the key acts couldn't perform so JJ did. He is the best at everything!

Just wanted to put in a good word for Donna, the Cruise Director. A week ago while on the Island Princess (Vancouver to SF) we also experienced the Patter stating there was a formal night when there wasn't. So this error happens once in awhile. We spent 3 days at home and went back to Vancouver last weekend for the Vancouver to LA on the Coral and were happy to meet up with Donna again. We have sailed with Donna several times and found her to be a wonderful Asst CD. We spoke with her last week and she told us the CD Billy was called home suddenly as his mother is seriously ill. Someone else was out and she was very short staffed. Therefore she was working many more hours trying to cover everything. I just don't like to hear her referred to as 'that awful Donna'. She isn't. She is working hard under an unfortunate circumstance on this particular cruise. I know that doesn't help your cruise, but I thought I might just put in a few good words for her. I do agree with you that Frankie is the best. :)

Archived