LIVE from the Coral - 18 Days Vancouver to Ft. Lauderdale 9/21/09

Pia1913

Just wanted to say that gym was full at 7:30 and empty by 8:00. Horizon Ct. empty at 8:15; full at 9:00. that is interesting. i never go to the gym early and i eat breakfast in the balcony most days. this in a morning crowd.

We didn't do lunch. We are saving ourselves for Sabatini's tonight. Yummy!!

The CD Donna is totally ineffective. On the Morning Show she said tonight is formal. It isn't. Tonight is also Motor City; we're not going.

Just came from movie The Proposal. Cute. was a good movie!!

That's it for now. TTYL

Drydock will install Sanctuary, MUTS and International Cafe. They will also upgrade fitness center equipment and add TV's in front of each treadmill.

i thought by now all ships had MUTS and Sanctuary-surprised..

Connection has been a little on and off and I keep getting kicked off as well, so haven't been updating, plus not much to tell on these sea days that Pia hasn't already told you. We did Sabatini's last night - not nearly as good as I remember from the Sapphire - I honestly think that the dining room food has been better.

I found on the crown it was not as good as it was the year before.service and food.

lol DH supposes they call the smaller ships "little girls" - I was a bit perplexed myself. Still waiting to hear about Vines on the Coral.

Would you believe I asked someone at the desk and he looked at me like I had three heads? We don't know anything yet, he told me. No. He "don't know." Will ask again and advise.

Big sushi buffet today and massive dessert buffet. I guess they have to make the 3 day people happy too. All at once. :D

More later.

Pia

The "Queen' is getting on the ship in Los Angeles.Her name is Carla.

Say hi from Gloria and Lew (San Diego Sue), we sailed with her Hawaii on the Golden. She is lots of fun. And we were part of her Trivia group. she is really good at trivia.

Pia you are with us on Transatlantic in April on the Ruby. Our board is very quiet because you are not posting.

I have really enjoyed your Alaska postings.

Stumble across your thread while looking for something else on the Princess Board - I have two very close friends sailing on this cruise all the way to FLL - they are from Vancouver - names are Tom and Barb - if you should happen to meet up with them - I know there are more than 2000 on the ship - but if you do tell them that Dennis says hi and hope they continue to have a great time.

Cheers

Dennis

Pia

The "Queen' is getting on the ship in Los Angeles.Her name is Carla.

Say hi from Gloria and Lew (San Diego Sue), we sailed with her Hawaii on the Golden. She is lots of fun. And we were part of her Trivia group. she is really good at trivia.

Pia you are with us on Transatlantic in April on the Ruby. Our board is very quiet because you are not posting.

I have really enjoyed your Alaska postings.

LOL Are you trying to tell me something? Hang in there; I'll be back in that roll call in a few weeks. :D

Good Morning from L.A. The sun is shining, people are wearing shorts (not us) and my cell phone works. All's well with the world.

We are going off the ship in a few minutes. Need to find a place to get my nails done. Priorities, you know. :D

Later.

Welcome to smoky Southern California Pia and Donna. Did you see any smoke when you got in this morning or can you see any now? It will be north of you.

We live near very near the port and we have not seen any smoke from the fire this week. We didn't even see smoke from the Station Fire (the last big huge fire) but we did see the very big white, weather cloud produced by the fire.

I have followed Pia and Donna since they started and hope they continue to have a very good cruise.

Pia - now others on our thread (Nov. 7 out of L.A.) are interested in the Vines thing. In my experience, the front desk is fair to middling useless in providing information like this. If you should happen to run into any "brass" as you move about the ship, perhaps you could ask one of them - like the Passenger Services Manager, the Food & Beverages manager, or just one of the senior head waiters at dinner. Those guys know pretty much everyting.

As for the fires, we see them on the local news every night (we're in the Bay area). They look horrific, but DH is retired fire service and he says a lot of what we're seeing is probably back fires set by the firefighters themselves. But there's no question this has been a terrible fire season. Thanks for keeping us "posted" on your adventures, Pia. Denise

Nice clear skies in LA today

1coralLA1.jpg

Map of the voyage

1coralpanamamap.jpg

Itinerary

24-Sep-2009 Los Angeles, California, United States Of America 7:00 AM 4:00 PM 1974

25-Sep-2009

26-Sep-2009 Cabo San Lucas, Mexico 12:00 PM 7:00 PM 1974

27-Sep-2009

28-Sep-2009 Acapulco, Mexico 9:00 AM 5:00 PM 1974

29-Sep-2009 Huatulco, Mexico 8:00 AM 1:00 PM 1974

30-Sep-2009

01-Oct-2009 Puntarenas, Costa Rica 7:00 AM 7:00 PM 1974

02-Oct-2009

03-Oct-2009 Fuerte Amador, Panama 8:00 AM 6:00 PM 1974

04-Oct-2009 Panama Canal (Cruising Only), Panama 5:00 AM 4:30 PM 1974

05-Oct-2009 Cartagena, Colombia 8:00 AM 2:00 PM 3948 Island Princess

06-Oct-2009 Oranjestad, Aruba 1:00 PM 7:00 PM 5088 Adventure Of The Seas

07-Oct-2009

08-Oct-2009

09-Oct-2009 Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States Of America 7:00 AM 1974

It is HOT! I can't believe I'm the same person who was B****** about the cold. We walked over a mile to find a certain nail salon and then walked back to the ship.

It's fun watching all the newbies getting on and not knowing how to find anything. How soon we forget.

Denise: re: Vines. Not to worry. I'll find out from the proper personnel.

Just as an aside, those internet minutes that were supposed to expire, didn't. In fact, you can't even purchase a new package until you use up the minutes from the previous cruise.

Sorry for doing this in stages. I still don't trust the signals.

There's someone new tonight; a comic named Tony Daro. Maybe we'll check him out. Otherwise, nothing exciting going on for the first night. They will also be showing the movie "17 again" in the Universe Lounge.

See ya...........

It is HOT! I can't believe I'm the same person who was B****** about the cold. We walked over a mile to find a certain nail salon and then walked back to the ship.

It's fun watching all the newbies getting on and not knowing how to find anything. How soon we forget.

Denise: re: Vines. Not to worry. I'll find out from the proper personnel.

Just as an aside, those internet minutes that were supposed to expire, didn't. In fact, you can't even purchase a new package until you use up the minutes from the previous cruise.

On our last cruise, the carryover minutes expired sometime over night the first night.

On our last cruise, the carryover minutes expired sometime over night the first night.

When we were on the Star coming from South America and embarked in Santiago we got our package of minutes the first day and then the guy that worked at the internet cafe--somehow fixed it so that those who had minutes from the previous caould have their leftover minutes back the next morning--he ws really a great help--this was one of the many times that I should have not been on a cruise--needing to send faxes etc.--sounds easy--but--boy can they make it difficult sometimes !!!--I bought my house in the desert from a cruise ship--can't remember which one but must have been Princess--learned that anything sent to me must have the work URGENT written largel in Caps..just that no none tells you at first--it takes a bit of fussing around--also it takes them tiring of you asking the same questions that you are unable to get answered.

Nancy:D:D

Pia & Donna,

In case you haven't heard a 67 year old woman is missing from the Sapphire. She was there Monday in Ketchikan. Hasn't been seen since. Did not disembark in Vancouver. They found all her stuff still in cabin.

No Paul, haven't heard a thing. Bad news doesn't always travel fast. BTW, we got another setup today. Got one in Vancouver for the three day and again today. Very surprised at that.

The comic aforementioned; totally uninspiring. :(

No Paul, haven't heard a thing. Bad news doesn't always travel fast. BTW, we got another setup today. Got one in Vancouver for the three day and again today. Very surprised at that.

The comic aforementioned; totally uninspiring. :(

Even though Princess Bookings would not let you book these 2 cruises as separate cruises, the ship itself is treating it like 2....both in your internet and bar set-up. Guess you can't complain. It's all working out to your benefit. LOL:D:D

Pia, Donna or others on the cruise,

Is there any chance that someone could scan some of the Princess Patters for this cruise, even if it's after you are home?

Also, as you are going along can you let us know what days/nights events are occuring such as the formal nights, special buffets, midnight buffet, Capt. Reception, etc. I would like to know so that we can plan for our Dec. 7 LA to FLL. Thanks.

Cheryl & Hank

Archived